Author Topic: Help! I can't get Aeris' LV4 Manual! (+PIC)  (Read 10863 times)

chibiken

• View Profile
Help! I can't get Aeris' LV4 Manual! (+PIC)
« on: 2004-08-19 03:57:54 »
Ok, I've gotten the mythril from the old man...

At first I couldn't find this "weapon shop", but I think I found it.
It's like right across the river from Gold Saucer:

But when I enter it (using cloud to enter, not with the buggy.  I can't enter with the buggy)

A message comes up and this is what happens:

After I get that message from cloud, I exit out of it (like, the [OK] button), it automatically takes me out to the world map again, right outside the house.  I can't even look around the house.  I go in, the message comes up, then I end up back on the world map.

Right Now I have Cloud, Aeris, and Yuffie in my party.
I have already recruited both Yuffie, and Vincent, (and Cait.)
Aeris has all of her limit breaks except for level 4 (duh!).

Right now I'm in the point of the game where I just passed the Shinra Mansion, and unlocked the locker + got cosmo memory.

What is wrong with the game?  What do I have to do?  Maybe I didn't trigger something?!?!

Please help me out!  Thanks!

EDIT:  I remember going in that house RIGHT after I got the buggy (well AFTER I got the mythril), and I got that same response.  (I didn't really care back then because I didn't know you were suppose to give the mythril to the guy in here.  I just went in for the sake of exploring). After I got the message, and figured I couldn't do anything I just went ahead to the reactor to face Reno + Rude.

ALSO:  I got BOTH the mythril AND the bolt ring from the sleeping old man.

*I'm just trying to provide as much information as I could!  :-? *

Messiah99

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 2004-08-19 04:10:15 »
You can't get Aerith's 4th limit break until you get the Tiny Broncho, Ive tried and ran into that scenario, you have to do just what he says and come back later...

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2004-08-19 04:14:53 »
I also noticed you had some bikini briefs.

You animal.

chibiken

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2004-08-19 04:21:29 »
Quote from: Messiah99
You can't get Aerith's 4th limit break until you get the Tiny Broncho, Ive tried and ran into that scenario, you have to do just what he says and come back later...

Aww man!
But i've read that you COULD get it with the buggy...
Weird.

Thanks!

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2004-08-19 04:51:00 »
You have to keep in mind that there are triggered events that open and close at certain points, as proved with the pagoda sidequest. You'll definetly be able to get it before she dies, but I'd have to go with Messiah and wait until you get the Bronco, then try it out. Remember, choose the chest UPSTAIRS, not the one downstairs when you give him the Mythril.

Darkdevil

• View Profile
    • Http://darkdevil177.5u.com
« Reply #5 on: 2004-08-19 08:41:57 »
Why in the hellen of troy you would WANT her 4 LB Is beyond me though....shes almost as useless in the game as Cait Sith.....and he's USELESS

fuchisasquatch

• View Profile
    • http://aa.1asphost.com/sasquatch/
« Reply #6 on: 2004-08-19 08:57:14 »
Man Aeris isnt useless...she kicks ass. I always and i mean ALWAYS had her in my party when i played FFVII. And anyway her limit break is awesome!!

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2004-08-19 18:54:36 »
1.Because she's awesome as an enfeebler and healer. Her limit breaks always have some sort of HP restore or some kind of special effect.
2.You're forced to use her later in the game, so why not get her up in there anyways.

And Cait Sith wasnt useless at all. Cait Sith is the strongest character in the game with his level 2 limit break (He doesnt get a level 3 or 4). It can instantly kill ANY enemy if you line up the right pictures, including Jenova, Bizzaro Sephiroth, One-Winged Sephiroth, and so on instantly, and I've done it. Same with Selphie's in FF8, one of them could kill any boss or enemy in one hit if you lined up the right pictures.

He's useless if people are unwilling to take a risk, and if you're going up against Bizzaro Sephiroth for the first time, you probally dont want to take any chances. But there's that square trick to slow down the slots (Came pretty useful in the Battle Square...eheheh).

CloudSquall

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2004-08-19 19:00:19 »
Aeris's Level 4 Limit is one of the hardest to find, yet ultimately useless for most people because by the time they find it, Aeris is already dead. If not, then she dies before she is raised to a sufficient level to use it. And no, contrary to the belief of some players out there, you can get the limit before Aeris dies.

The first thing you have to do is enter the Sleeping Man's Cave, which is found in the mountains on the first continent in the Junon/Condor Area. However, it appears to be blocked by a river, which you cannot cross the first time you go through the area. But here is where most people give up: they assume that you can only get there via the airship or a Gold Chocobo, by which time Aeris would already be dead! However, you can cross it with the Buggy. Here's how. After getting the Buggy (right after the long Gold Saucer segment) ride it to Costa Del Sol. Don't get off the Buggy. You will enter the town normally. Then just board the Ferry to Junon. Exit the town, and you will be on the first continent still riding the Buggy! Now simply just drive it to the river and find the shallow point to cross it. Get off, and enter the cave.

You'll find the Sleeping Man lying on a bed in there. Talk to him. He'll tell you how many wins you've got in the battles. By this time you should have well over a hundred wins. You need to get the last two digits of the number to match (i.e. 433, 622, or even 111) and he will give you the Key Item Mythril. (Note: If you run away too much, he'll tell you that instead of telling you the wins. However, he'll still give you the Mythril when you have the correct number of wins, but you'll just have to guess how much you've got.)

Leave the cave and return to the second continent. When you reach the Gongaga area you may notice a small house on a peninsula. If you've been here before, Cloud may have told you that whoever owns the place isn't home. It won't open till later in the game, although I'm not sure when. If not now, try again later. I'm certain it should be open by the time you get past the Temple of the Ancients segment. Whenever you do get in, talk to the man inside (he's known as the Weapons Maker) and give him the Mythril. He will then reward you with one of two items placed inside his house -- one will be the Great Gospel, the other is the Gold Armlet. Don't get the armor; you will be able to get those later on.

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2004-08-19 19:38:34 »
Uhm...I think he already knows all about that...since he already did everything and is just waiting for the guy to be in the shop...o_o.

chibiken

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2004-08-25 02:06:47 »
Quote from: Bunnie-Maru
But there's that square trick to slow down the slots (Came pretty useful in the Battle Square...eheheh).

SQUARE TRICK!? WHERE WHERE :O!

btw i'm playing the PC version of VII.  but i DO have a ps controller hooked up to the computer, so i use a PS controller for the PC game.  :P

As for the limit break, I got it, but damn she is going to die soon :(

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2004-08-25 03:07:49 »
The trick is to hit the square button while the reel is rolling, it slows them down, making them easier. I dont know what it would be on the PC though. It was very helpful in the Battle Square, I could choose what ailments and what not I got.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2004-08-25 14:00:04 »
Back on topic...

You can't give the guy the mythril until just before the gold saucer date event.  You'll go in, ask about the keystone, and when you're done with that, you can give him the mythril.

chibiken

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2004-08-26 00:36:14 »
yah i got it!  Thanks all  :P

Btw the battle arena was hell :(
[Didn't know about the sqaure trick]

My cloud was pretty high level, but it still took me like, 4 tries. [Wanted to beat all 8 rounds]  (the hp halves and mp halves really screwed me up)

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2004-08-26 01:03:27 »
Thats why I did the battle square with all of my characters at level 99 and completely maxed up. The Battle Square was at the bottom of my list. Much easier, but little too late.

@_@

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005-01-19 02:42:21 »
Hi I dont have a ps2 controller but have a 8 button controller, which button is the square on the ps2 controller?

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
« Reply #16 on: 2005-01-19 04:59:05 »
Don't go reviving old topics 0.o

13uRneR

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005-01-28 01:28:24 »
who in their right minds would ever dream of reviving and answering an old topic?!?!? I wouldnt dream of it!!!   but is the button for Switch on the PC (i just booted up my PS and noticed that square changes you from the materia to the equip menu, in pc that means the switch button)