Author Topic: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven (v2.2.3.522 Release) Outdated  (Read 391099 times)

DavrosTheta

• View Profile
Re: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven (v2.2 BETA)
« Reply #450 on: 2020-07-14 09:08:56 »
Very new here, so I am sorry if this is the wrong way to ask.

But is it possible to add an option that merges the SYW V4 and DrLilo FMVs?
So that only the Chibi FMVs are replaced with DrLilo's work and all the others are replaced with the SYW V4 versions?

I am definitely willing to donate if that will make this a reality. :)

I truly adore this mod manager, thank you everyone for your hard work.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #451 on: 2020-07-14 22:50:34 »
Very new here, so I am sorry if this is the wrong way to ask.

But is it possible to add an option that merges the SYW V4 and DrLilo FMVs?
So that only the Chibi FMVs are replaced with DrLilo's work and all the others are replaced with the SYW V4 versions?
That's more of a mod thing, vs. mod manager thing. This is easily accomplished by:
1. Open 7th Heaven, go to Settings>General Settings. Make sure the option "Context Menu in Explorer" is turned ON. Click Save.
2. Right-click on your My Mods tab to bring up the folder that contains your mods.
3. Right-click on the IRO file that contains Satsuki's movies and choose "Unpack IRO". Do the same for the DrLilo IRO. You will now have 2 folders that contain movie files.
4. Create a new folder that will store your custom movie mod. Copy the movie file you want from each respective pack into your new custom movie mod folder. If it's a movie without chibi replacements, copy it from the folder that contains Satsuki's movies. If it's one with a replacement chibi movie you want, copy it from the DrLilo folder to your custom movie mod.
5. When you have all the movies you want in your custom movie mod folder, right-click on the folder and choose "Pack into IRO". Now you can delete your 3 temporary folders (your custom one, Satsuki's, and DrLilo's) leaving only your custom movies.iro file.
6. Refresh your library in 7H and you should be able to activate your mod. It's not required, but if you're feeling adventurous you can include a mod.xml and preview image for your new mod (just put the mod.xml and the preview image in the root of your mod folder before you pack it into an IRO). You can use the Tools>Catalog/Mod Creation Tool to help you generate a basic mod.xml file. Or, just take a peek at the mod.xml files that come with other mods or look at the Help>Creating Mods section to better understand how mod.xml works if you want to customize further.

DavrosTheta

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 2020-07-15 09:42:15 »
Incredible!

Thank you ever so much.

I love this community!

Thank you again.

Will make my custom movie pack now :)

USMCproud00

• View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 2020-07-16 20:57:21 »
I've been having some issues with getting 2.0 to run and one of the key problems that I've been encountering is that I get an unhandled exception whenever I try to run the program. Here's the text that appears in the popup:

Could not find a part of the path 'D:\Games\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\mods\7th Heaven'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Settings.LogAndCreateFolderIfNotExists(String pathToFolder)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Settings.SetPathsFromInstallationPath(String pathToFf7Install)
   at SeventhHeaven.ViewModels.GeneralSettingsViewModel.AutoDetectSystemPaths(Settings settings)
   at SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.InitViewModel()
   at SeventhHeavenUI.MainWindow.Window_Loaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(Object root)
   at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.Resize(ICompositionTarget resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #454 on: 2020-07-16 23:21:32 »
"Could not find a part of the path 'D:\Games\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\mods\7th Heaven'."

You've mangled your game installation paths or registry. Clean them up, or install 2.2 which detects this situation and prompts you to fix your paths.

L@Zar0

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 2020-07-23 20:17:25 »
Hi,

FYI:

I am testing the hext I'm doing for Spanish translation using FF7.exe that comes with 7H. I'm testing the minigames also, which some graphics needs to be modded. Testing the minigames, I've found that condor minigame has a little issue.

In Spanish original version, condor.lgp has a file called shelp_1.tim. The Game Converter (I assume) that comes with 7H changes well all the filenames except this, because in english is ehelp1.tim. So, somehow, the filename resultant in condor.lgp after the conversion is called (ehelp_1.tim), but the English FF7.exe has not this reference. So, the minigame of condor, does not work well, and begins with black screen.

I've put ehelp1.tim in \direct\minigames\condor (the original was shelp_1.tim) and then seems to work well the minigame.

... but when pressing help button in the minigame, there is no image (black screen). Pressing again help buttong, returns to the minigame and works well. I think this is a known bug of original FF7.

I hope this helps to you.

Thanks a lot.
« Last Edit: 2020-07-23 22:13:15 by L@Zar0 »

rhymesmatter

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 2020-07-26 00:40:26 »
First of all I wish to say: Hello and thank you for the amazing effort and the awesome community that you have created!

Now, in regards to the mod; I have downloaded the 2.0 version as I thought it would be nice to use the 60 fps animations. I found a bug however and I am not sure if it has been mentioned by other people already. Whenever I try to install certain mod packs that are less than 100 mb, I get the usual downloading bar but when it gets filled nothing happens and I don't get an asterisk next to the mod pack, indicating that it has been successfully installed! I tried double clikcing, using the button but nothing! Is there a solution for this? As it stands, I can't downoload Qhimm's community gameplay (New Threat), minigames and several other mods!

SOLVED: Just had to manually download the .ro files!
« Last Edit: 2020-07-30 00:13:09 by rhymesmatter »

rhymesmatter

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 2020-07-30 00:11:13 »
Hey guys, I have question to ask: Is it possible to install 7th heaven, mod as u please, start a save game, open that save game with steam, apply the booster staff to a character, save it and then load it again with 7th heaven and continue playing with the new boosts/cheats? Basically the question is if I can modify a 7th heaven save with the boosters from steam and re-use it with 7th heaven (disclaimer: not using any difficulty mods like NT). I would appreciate it if anyone could help me with this!

Khrone

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 2020-07-31 01:39:06 »
Hey guys, I have question to ask: Is it possible to install 7th heaven, mod as u please, start a save game, open that save game with steam, apply the booster staff to a character, save it and then load it again with 7th heaven and continue playing with the new boosts/cheats? Basically the question is if I can modify a 7th heaven save with the boosters from steam and re-use it with 7th heaven (disclaimer: not using any difficulty mods like NT). I would appreciate it if anyone could help me with this!

That's a little OT, but wouldn't it be far simplier to just modify the save with the Black Chocobo save editor and skip using it with steam altogether?

rhymesmatter

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: 2020-08-01 01:02:20 »
That's a little OT, but wouldn't it be far simplier to just modify the save with the Black Chocobo save editor and skip using it with steam altogether?

Are you kidding that's fucking brilliant! It's even better and it looks that it is compatible with the saves from 7th Heaven 2.0. Thanks mate, 1 million thank yous !!!

devicifer

• View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 2020-08-11 22:12:10 »
Hi, I just wanted to speak my experience with the loader and ps4 controller. Perhaps some of this info should be moved to the first post?

I added 7th Heaven to Steam, launch it from there, and couldn't get the PS4 controller to work until just recently. I don't use DS4Windows. I don't like key mappers.

• I opened the Control Panel and then the devices section. The old Control Panel.
  • I connected my DS4 controller to a power plug, not a computer or device.
  • Clicked the button to add a device.
  • Put DS4 controller into pair mode (hold share+PS button)
  • Put the controller down and waited a very long time, while Windows told me it was installing the controller
  • When finally finished, I went to the Bluetooth config window, unplugged and shut off the controller (Hold PS button for 10 seconds)
  • I noticed that the Bluetooth config window still said Connected even though the controller was off. I rebooted - save effect.
  • I pressed the PS button, it instantly connected to Windows 10.

At this point, the controller worked as though it was made for Windows, with every game except for FF7.

Then it dawned on me that steam may not launch as admin when the system first starts up. I closed 7th Heaven and Steam, ran Steam as admin, launched 7th Heaven through Steam, launched FF7 and the controller worked perfectly.

Then I just had to pick a controller setting in Settings >> Game Launcher Settings >> Options >> Controls

I hope this helps some people.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
Re: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven (v2.2.3.522 Release)
« Reply #461 on: 2020-08-27 12:47:05 »
New version of 7H will be released later today!  :o

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #462 on: 2020-08-28 01:57:46 »
Aaaaand 7H version 2.2.3.522 is released. Have fun! Soon, current 2.0 users (unfortunately not 2.2 beta users) will be prompted to update to the new version when they start 7H. But of course, you can go download it now before you get the prompt!

Pruntarious

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: 2020-08-28 08:43:28 »
Aaaaand 7H version 2.2.3.522 is released. Have fun! Soon, current 2.0 users (unfortunately not 2.2 beta users) will be prompted to update to the new version when they start 7H. But of course, you can go download it now before you get the prompt!

Just wana say thanks for the huge effort here! I've just finished a full play through of Sega's New Threat on the 2.2 beta with all of the highest settings and HD textures on. I think I got like one crash throughout it. Unreal.

The previous 2.0 game driver would crash and run out of memory every hour or so. Fair lay to all involved!

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #464 on: 2020-08-28 09:19:55 »
Thanks! I'm glad things are working well for you! 7H 2.2 battled the crashing on 2 fronts: TrueOdin's FFNx game driver that removed the cache and has better memory management among other stability fixes, and 7H 2.2 includes a modified game EXE that is capable of accessing 4 GB of memory for large HD mods and is also now compatible with Windows DEP (which would cause some users to crash on game load).

ItsDenton

• View Profile
« Reply #465 on: 2020-08-28 12:32:36 »
Sorry if this is something already reported. I checked the FAQ, but couldn't find anything on it...

I installed 2.2.3.522 just now, but when I try to run the game with mods installed (regardless of number of mods or source) about 6 out of 7 times it crashes.

It gets to...

Attempting to inject with EasyHook ...
Failed to inject after max amount of tries (14) ...
Unknown error in injected assembler code.
Failed to launch FF7. View the above log for details.

And, well, fails to launch FF7. It's fine launching the game with no mods, it's only when it runs the injector that it timesout and crashes.
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but got nowhere. I also removed the custom addresses I had in the .var file, still nothing.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #466 on: 2020-08-28 21:40:30 »
EasyHook is a huge pain. If it's not one thing, it's another. In 1.x, it was broken all the time for most people (wouldn't launch the game). Updated it for 2.0. In 2.0, it wouldn't load the game's bin files reliably, which would cause issues with UI mods, New Threat, etc. Updated again for 2.2, and it fixed the bin file problem, but now we're back to issues launching the game, although it happens rarely (not many people seem to be affected).

I tried adding a bit more logging on this to see what is going on, so please send me your actual log's entries (the one you posted appears to be copied from the game launcher window, which is not as verbose). Click the status/info bar at the bottom of the main 7H window to open your log. I'm hoping there will be some useful information as to why this is happening or at least more descriptive error messages.

The old trick used in 1.x, which I'm not sure if this would still work/help or not, is to right-click on your ff7.exe, go to properties, compatibility tab, and check the box for 640x480 (don't worry, it doesn't actually force the game to run in that resolution) and for reasons unknown to all, including the EasyHook developer, sometimes is a useful workaround.

Edit: Also, I will add that some folks have experienced this problem, literally changed nothing (according to them) and the problem just went away when they tried weeks later. So, the thought is that something in the environment on the PC can be the cause of the trigger for this problem. The only question is: what? If we can find that out, that would be gold.
« Last Edit: 2020-08-28 21:43:01 by unab0mb »

thundercleetz

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: 2020-08-29 01:01:03 »
Good afternoon, I installed 2.2.3.522 today. Now the frame rate is almost unplayable in both battle and larger town settings. I never had any problems before with 2.0. I am only working with Intel HD Graphics. Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips to get the frame rate back to normal? I turned off the Animations mod, as suggested. Is it possible to revert to 2.0? Thank you very much for looking into this and all your hard work!

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #468 on: 2020-08-29 09:28:25 »
Good afternoon, I installed 2.2.3.522 today. Now the frame rate is almost unplayable in both battle and larger town settings. I never had any problems before with 2.0. I am only working with Intel HD Graphics. Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips to get the frame rate back to normal? I turned off the Animations mod, as suggested. Is it possible to revert to 2.0? Thank you very much for looking into this and all your hard work!

7H 2.2 uses the FFNx game driver, which significantly increases performance requirements over the old Aali driver. You can review the suggested requirements in the help documentation: http://7thheaven.rocks/help/getstarted.html#requirements

Some tips you can do to improve performance is you can try changing your graphics options under 7H Settings>Game Driver. Try both the OpenGL (faster, if it works for your card, and DirectX options). Also make sure antialiasing and v-sync are turned OFF. Also turn off anisotropic and linear filtering. Save those options. You may be able to eke out a little more performance if you open the 7H/Resources/Game Driver/Game Driver.cfg file in a text editor and change the below line:
#internal_resolution_scale = 2
to
internal_resolution_scale = 1
Note that you must remove the # at the beginning. Save the file.

If your system doesn't meet the requirements and the above tips don't work for you, you can uninstall 2.2 from control panel and install 2.0 again which does not have as heavy of system requirements. This is why I still leave up the 2.0 version, so folks that have trouble or performance issues can still play the game, but perhaps with a few niceties missing.

thundercleetz

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: 2020-08-29 20:36:08 »
Thanks for the quick reply! Went back to 2.0 and all problems fixed! :)

ItsDenton

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: 2020-08-29 22:38:30 »
Yeah. I was  going to send the full thing today after I read your message... and no problem with hooks anymore.
Straight up confused. Still love the launcher, though. It's made the flashbacks and graphic stuff in my game waaay easier to deal with. Keep up the good work!
Sorry it's not screwing up again so I can't send you the report.

...that's an odd thing to be sorry for.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #471 on: 2020-08-29 22:55:49 »
Yeah. I was  going to send the full thing today after I read your message... and no problem with hooks anymore.
Straight up confused. Still love the launcher, though. It's made the flashbacks and graphic stuff in my game waaay easier to deal with. Keep up the good work!
Sorry it's not screwing up again so I can't send you the report.

...that's an odd thing to be sorry for.

Your logs are probably still available unless you reinstalled 7H, because then they are cleared. Check by clicking the status / info bar at the bottom to see if the information from the failures is still there. If not, you can go back to older logs from previous days under your 7th Heaven\7thWorkshop\Logs folder. If you can find the errors that would be great to share just so I have them (this same thing has happened a few times already so I can't ever track down what the issue is).

Snake2208

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: 2020-08-30 06:26:28 »
Hi! I have the same issue as ItsDenton! It's weird it didn't happened on 2.0 and it seems kinda random...

I uninstalled and delete everything and start from scratch, Vanilla works no probs, activating any mod gives me that error and it's really random! sometimes it works with 8 or 6 or 3 or X errors, sometimes it works with no errors, sometimes it reaches 14 and just fails, even when using just one mod as in media -> music to original, that's it and with no changes in between whatsoever......

I restarted my PC (2004 "May"update):
-ASUS CROSSHAIR Hero VI WIFI
-AMD R7 1700
-Gigabyte RX 470 4GB (up to date drivers)
-2 x 16GB RAM 2400
-ADATA 256GB M.2 SSD + SEAGATE 4TB HDD

nothing is running apart from the startup programs (AVG FREE, REALTEK HD AUDIO, Windows security, GPU drivers, Wallpaper engine, ASUS RGB Service)

The only change from 2.0 to 2.2 is OPENGL -> D3D11

Of course I remembered the mysterious fix for 1.x, did not need it on 2.0 but tried ir on 2.2 (the FF7.exe compatibility fix you mentioned) and voilá, it worked 3 times in a row, right now I'm testing it before going to sleep

Anyway the log (pre fix) is below: (Can't attach it!!!)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qWgkD270XZt1ckDtjCgGx5h9dSilQgt1?usp=sharing

I work at a hospital so kinda busy xD but if there anything I can do to help just mention it, it just might take a while :P

Cheers!!!
« Last Edit: 2020-08-30 06:34:06 by Snake2208 »

Snake2208

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: 2020-08-30 07:27:11 »
Post compatibility fix= 8 times in a row success! and not a single Easyhook error in sight even with every mod I want on which is almost everything in the catalogue xD... log uploaded, may be a good Idea to add the possible error + fix in the FAQ.

By the way, battle boxes looses transparency after winning a battle half a second before changing the screen and Sega Chief Battle Model Swap and Mouth Texture Replacer both work but it says that the version is 1.01, when it downloads it downloads version 1.00 prompting an update which it fails to download everytime.

just small bugs, thanks for your time!

karenjr95

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: 2020-08-30 12:57:41 »
So I have been looking around for a guide, but have not been able to find one. Has anyone here upgraded ver. 2.0 to 2.2?

If so, does it overwrite any configs, mods, settings, or save files?

Is the recommendation to just install a new instance of 7th heaven and then load up your .exe from the new version?

As I said, checked the forums and wiki for instructions, but came up empty!