Author Topic: [FF7 and FF8] Modding questions  (Read 2477 times)

Question

• View Profile
[FF7 and FF8] Modding questions
« on: 2016-10-15 09:57:01 »
Is there a way to change what items are available in shops? Mainly for FF7.

For FF8, how do you edit GFs so that they have certain abilities on their to-learn list? I know how to edit the ALREADY LEARNT abilities using the Quezacotl editor, but that doesnt let me edit what abilities are grayed out and available to learn. The hyne editor lets me see the grayed out abilities, but any other ability that i add to the list is set to "learnt" status and i cannot change it to 0 ap.

So for example, Quezacotl can learn HP-J by default (grayed out, have to spend AP to learn), but neither editor lets me set Shiva to have the same thing, Hyne only lets me add it to Shiva as an already learnt ability and I cannot edit the AP for it to set it to 0 ap. Is there a way to do this?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7 and FF8] Modding questions
« Reply #1 on: 2016-10-15 14:23:34 »
FF7 Shop inventories can be edited using an ancient tool called White Chocobo that alters the game's .EXE; but be warned, it's old as hell and can end up bugged. When I used it the tool became inoperable after one use (I suspect it was something to do with how/where it tried to save my settings or something). Alternatively, you can use Makou Reactor to change which inventories a shop calls but not the actual contents of that inventory itself.

There's a new tool for FF8 called Doomtrain which edits GF abilities and the like; that might be what you're looking for.