Author Topic: I wub my new Keyboard...was a bastard to get though >_<  (Read 9336 times)

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
Basicly, it was my birthday in february, and I was bought an import of an Iron Maiden Boxset, the only CD's im missing from my collection. Long story short, After 2 months waiting for my present, I cancled the order and ordered this keyboard from Dell.  (Logitech G15 Gaming grade keyboard)
A week passes after ordering, and its not here, its not even been ordered by them, apparantly they cocked up the day after I ordered it, and no orders went through, they also put the price up. so I ordered from a shop named "Futuremedia". This was 3 weeks ago.  After one week of waiting, I phone up to see where its got to, as it still said "processing" on the webform.  Aparrantly THEIR system had a glitch, where the money was taken from the accounts, but no actual orders were made.  I said ok, and expected it within the next fortnight. 

Last night I phoned up again, and was told that due to more system complications and because my order was messed up, they couldnt send me one, because they no longer had stock, and that I could be assured "No one in the country can sell one to you, unless its at a stupid price" (They were charging £39.99 for it by the way)

I cancled that order, and went hunting for somewhere that may have it in stock.  I came across a little shop named "Microdirect".  They had "loads" in stock, and were priced slightly more expensively, at £44.99, but it was in stock, and my old keyboard was now dead.  I ordered it at 5 PM last night,

I was woken up by the doorbell this morning to see a nice man from Amtrack with a keyboard sized parcel for me :D

>_> After 4 months of waiting, I finally have a birthday present :o  And a damn nice keyboard too.

I must warn though, If you ever decided to buy from either "Futuremedia" or "CD101.com" please think again, they have both been incredibly hard to deal with.

>_> on another note, This keyboard is godly, the backlit keys, the inbuilt USB ports and to top it off, the LCD display that natively works with some games is awesome, and it can be customised too!

If anyone is thinking of getting a Logitech G15 gaming keyboard, I can only reccomend them, and Microdirect.co.uk

<_< Sorry for any spelling mistakes Jari, Learning to use a new keyboard is annoying >_<

NobodyImportant

• View Profile
Re: I wub my new Keyboard...was a bastard to get though >_<
« Reply #1 on: 2006-06-16 22:28:47 »
Sounds really nice. I Googl'd some pictures, it looks awesome:

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-06-17 04:53:20 »
Christ, that looks like a computer within itself.

bluesummers182

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-06-17 05:34:24 »
What are those 3 sections of buttons all the way to the left?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-06-17 06:27:14 »
A kick back to days of old... Repeats of all the keys F1 through F12, as far as I can tell. And 6 others that I can't identify.

James Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-06-17 07:54:45 »
Theyre "G keys"

You can prgram macro's into them to do whatever you want.  They can also be timed, hence why the use of them beyond reasonable use in WoW is banned.

Sad Jari

« Reply #6 on: 2006-06-17 12:47:42 »
Theyre "G keys"
And they are located at the G-spot, of course! :-D

You can prgram macro's into them to do whatever you want.  They can also be timed...
So, what's next? Keyboard that will play the game for you? :P

It looks like a very nice keyboard. :) Which - IMHO - looks lot better in the dark, lit up and all. :)

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-06-17 20:48:30 »
YAY!!
I have the same for a while now. I love the button that allows you to turn of the windows button so you can program it as a game button \o/! This is so great in shooters!

The "G keys" are t3h pwn in Ragnarok Online.

This truely is Jesus Christ's keyboard.

ye-roon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006-06-18 07:14:12 »
its my b-day in 12 days, this will be my keyboard in 12 days :)

Emerald Weapon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006-06-18 21:23:23 »
*Emerald Weapon drools a little over James Pond's keyboard*

Then realizes he's actually pretty happy with his current one (MX 3100 set). It get's the job done.

Then also realizes James Pond will probably not like him drooling over his keyboard  :-P

sfx1999

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006-06-18 21:52:14 »
Put uClinux on it!

(if possible)

James Pond

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006-06-19 06:29:26 »
*Emerald Weapon drools a little over James Pond's keyboard*

Then realizes he's actually pretty happy with his current one (MX 3100 set). It get's the job done.

Then also realizes James Pond will probably not like him drooling over his keyboard  :-P

Last time I drooled over a keyboard ( i fell asleep on it -.-)  I had to buy a new one >_<

sfx1999

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006-06-19 16:24:31 »
At least you didn't spill root beer on it. My keys never stopped sticking. At least on that keyboard. I got rid of it.

VincentVal

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006-06-20 13:51:55 »
My wireless got something in it, (I forget) and I just took the top part with the keys off, Soaked it in water, Dried it off for 3 houyrs, Made sure it was dry, put it back togeter, and Bye-Bye sticky!

sfx1999

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006-06-20 15:40:12 »
You are supposed to use alcohol for that, you know.

I was to lazy to do that, so I bought a new one.

Sad Jari

« Reply #15 on: 2006-06-20 15:57:16 »
I'm not entirely sure if the plastic of the keyboard would react favorably to alcohol.

Anyway, washing the keys with dishwashing liquid is rather effective; most of the dirt on the keys is grease, at least partly (unless you have like really dry skin). And dishwashing liquid is probably second only to alcohol, when it comes to removing grease, plus most materials withstand it rather well. :)

I wash my keys maybe once a year, or once every two years. It's not worth the effort if you calculate a value for your time and compare it to the cheapest keyboards available, but it's much more friendly to the enviroment. Besides, cheapest keyboards are not that good. :P

VincentVal

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006-06-20 16:35:56 »
I don't have enouygh Alcohol to do that, and Im too lazy to sit there and swab every crack for "who-knows-how-long?"!

Nice keyboard, I got to test that exact one at Best-Buy three weeks ago.

Sukaeto

• View Profile
    • Sukaeto's web server
« Reply #17 on: 2006-06-23 02:03:14 »
After 2 decades, it's still the best.

Only keyboard I'll ever (willingly) use.

ChaosControl

• ¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006-06-23 21:05:19 »

Did that even come in ps2 edition? XD

NobodyImportant

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006-06-25 21:26:49 »

I have that same exact keyboard, along with the computer it came with. It's in the garage. :)

I remember being with my parents when they bought it...there was $99 on a price tag somewhere. I'll be shocked if it was on the computer. :|

ye-roon

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006-07-13 20:58:23 »
lets bump ze  topic ;p

i got my keyboard yesterday, i must say it rox. the lcd screen is really cool, and usefull in wow in both pvp and raids. For raids i have this TS lcd plugin wich lets me see who talks on TS. And in pvp it shows how much kills i got and all other stuff. But most importantly its types so absolutly smooth. Never had a keyboard that typed so nice, really light and have no urge to bash my keys anymore. The only minor point is that i have a small enter buttton now, and had a big one before so have to get use d to a new layout :) but thats gonna be quick i think :) i am in love :) just a shame i keep pressing my caps lock button instead of my 'a' button :p