Author Topic: The 'Apz may have stolen part of his Cloud model' thread  (Read 31283 times)

BloodShot

• View Profile
Re: The 'Apz may have stolen part of his Cloud model' thread
« Reply #25 on: 2010-07-12 18:41:20 »
Now, the question is, will APZ actually log in and reply to this?

Maybe we could get some confirmation from the man himself, or maybe even a full confession of if it was ripped? Not for proof, but just for some credibility on his part.

EDIT: On the topic of being ripped, I just thought of this now, but look at how the eyes are in both textures, they are the same width and length. But on the model APZ's eyes look wider and more like the classic one. But if he wanted that and didn't rip it, why wouldn't he just make the eye texture the size he wants instead of stretching it out like that, that makes the pupils ovals and they don't look too good. Just another reason that It seems ripped.
« Last Edit: 2010-07-12 18:51:01 by bloodshot »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010-07-12 23:15:00 »
Has he been contacted about this?

He never posted in completely unrelated or in the Team Avalanche forum, and he hadn't been active for a long time before all of this came out. No one has posted in his threads either, so he won't have received any email notifications. It's possible that he's completely oblivious to all of this furore.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #27 on: 2010-07-12 23:29:39 »
He posted, but his posts were purged by Halkun.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010-07-12 23:47:55 »
When was this?

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010-07-13 05:40:23 »
EDIT: On the topic of being ripped, I just thought of this now, but look at how the eyes are in both textures, they are the same width and length. But on the model APZ's eyes look wider and more like the classic one. But if he wanted that and didn't rip it, why wouldn't he just make the eye texture the size he wants instead of stretching it out like that, that makes the pupils ovals and they don't look too good. Just another reason that It seems ripped.

that would be in the uvs, and is likely just a choice he made artisticly.

Wouldn't i have gotten an email notification for new posts in that thread? i only ever got one for it being removed.

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
« Reply #30 on: 2010-07-13 08:27:53 »
Oh come on guys it's pretty damn ridiculous that some of you are still defending him and doubting if it is stolen or not - it's BLATANTLY obvious.

Clodus

• Just a lowly fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010-07-13 08:39:38 »
So, what would happen if Apz were to just modify this Cloud and remake some of those textures?  Would that model still be accepted, or will that still be a no-go?

Millenia

• wireframe
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
« Reply #32 on: 2010-07-13 09:20:21 »
If he replaced all the nicked parts with scratch-made ones then sure, but his reputation is certainly damaged..

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #33 on: 2010-07-13 11:32:06 »
We have another Cloud (and Barret) anyway. Also I just purged the download link for APZ Cloud.

AcidDeath

« Reply #34 on: 2010-07-13 12:25:07 »
does this mean the mods that use apz model will be removed as well? coz the apz model is in the remix patch so will remix patch be removed as well?

Clodus

• Just a lowly fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010-07-13 13:20:21 »
I'm pretty sure they're gonna have the creator of those mods do something about it...

Either way, I'd love to see him make scratch made ones regardless of a ruined reputation or not.  It does sound nice having matching models from TA, though...

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010-07-13 13:45:58 »
Oh yeah what will happen with the Remix patch?? It uses the Apz Cloud model right? Will the patch be considered illegal too?

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010-07-13 15:19:46 »
Oh yeah what will happen with the Remix patch?? It uses the Apz Cloud model right? Will the patch be considered illegal too?

I'm sure Titeguy will be notified and he will promptly remove the model from his Patch

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010-07-13 17:59:19 »
If he doesn't come on for a long while to fix it would that allow one of us to fix and relink the model. So long as parts discussed are remade from scratch. And we give ApZ credit for the original model.

Clodus

• Just a lowly fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010-07-13 23:10:58 »
If he doesn't come on for a long while to fix it would that allow one of us to fix and relink the model. So long as parts discussed are remade from scratch. And we give ApZ credit for the original model.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing.  Let's just hope that if he doesn't work on it, he'll give someone the rights to...

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010-07-14 05:20:59 »
So where is Apz?

Masa-Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010-07-14 05:52:03 »
If apz's profle is correct he hasn't been on since mid to late May, maybe he won't come back on for another few monthes? Who knows?

Correct me ifI'm wrong
« Last Edit: 2010-07-14 05:55:29 by Masa-Buster »

willis936

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010-07-19 17:07:47 »
Check the post above you, pretty much proof he definately took stuff from the dissidia texture. He probably just traced the UV maps then, with his custom mesh.
By the way, uh, koraz, you haven't been round here before have you? You know, with like a different account maybe?
Now there's an interesting thought.
I mean we've all seen his work firsthand, there's no shortage of talent in him.  Look at what he's done for non-FFVII work.  It's not like he couldn't UV a face and make it look amazing.  It's just as likely someone at a company took part of a mod that's all over the internet than it is that he went through the trouble of ripping a japanese demo rather than just make it himself.

Conclusions should NOT be come to before he comes out with a statement but at the same time it's important to keep this site out of dodge so until this is sorted out there shouldn't be any sharing of his work here.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010-07-19 17:11:54 »
Now there's an interesting thought.
I mean we've all seen his work firsthand, there's no shortage of talent in him.  Look at what he's done for non-FFVII work.  It's not like he couldn't UV a face and make it look amazing.  It's just as likely someone at a company took part of a mod that's all over the internet than it is that he went through the trouble of ripping a japanese demo rather than just make it himself.

Unless Squeenix have a time machine, that's very unlikely. I mean, surely there were demos out of Dissidia that had Cloud's texture in them before Apz released the mod? And the chances are that Cloud's model was finished long before the game was released or even the demos.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010-07-19 17:29:04 »
Conclusions should NOT be come to before he comes out with a statement but at the same time it's important to keep this site out of dodge so until this is sorted out there shouldn't be any sharing of his work here.

Although shamefully I admit that I borrowed heavily from the Dissidia models. I at least have it in my conscience that I built it up polygon by polygon. I know, shameful!  :|
Really, what else is there to say?  The face texture IS from Dissidia.  Even if APZ comes and posts in this thread, there's nothing for him to say because he's already said it.

willis936

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010-07-19 18:17:38 »
Ah, I hadn't seen that.
Also that's a good point I guess I got caught up in conspiracy theories rather than keeping the process of creating a game in mind.

Well this all well and unfortunate but I think he should just make his own UV and try to clear some muck off his great name.

Clodus

• Just a lowly fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010-07-23 13:14:31 »
Don't mean to necro, but has anyone gotten in contact with Apz? And the suggestion of actually reworking those meshes, is that being considered or no? I realize Millenia's working on their model, but it'd be a bit of a waste to see this model go to waste.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010-07-24 03:16:30 »
Does anyone know whether the sword was ripped as well? It looked a lot like the CC sword, and I don't have the textures at hand to check.

Don't mean to necro

The thread was only a few days old! That's not a necro! ;D

Necros at qhimm usually mean that the thread hasn't been posted in for over a month.

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010-07-24 03:43:58 »
Apz Tex:

Crisis Core:

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010-07-24 04:38:01 »
looks safe to me, if halkun approves, someone should make a zip of the sword only for rerelease.