Author Topic: From the Same Project that New Canon Cloud is being made for (for Doom Fans)  (Read 7521 times)

apz freak

• View Profile

Finally got him streamlined, with retopo'd geometry (all quads) with normal maps that were sculpted in ZBrush. Built the rig by hand from scratch in Maya, I've still yet to implement some muscles deformers (to get that perfect pectoral deltoid trapezius look) He has a working jaw, it can open and close over the teeth. And even working eye lids that close.

Point is... I couldn't do all this 6 months ago. (ZBrush, retopo-ing, Maya rigging)

This is actually for the project that I'm building the New Canon Cloud for. I won't say much, because honestly don't expect much attention when it's done... but just imagine something that involves Cloud and Imp's  ;D

UGerstl

• Analyst and Backup-Manager
    • View Profile
Master, i m not worthy to see what you have done.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Wow that looks great!

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
i Love doom! gonna import that to risen 3d? :p

BloodShot

• View Profile
He should import it to Doom 3 and make a Doom 4 mod, since doom 4 is supposed to be like the old games ;)

jk, but seriously, you're going to make an animation of cloud fighting imps aren't you :D

It'd be awesome if as a "Boss" you had him fight a shambler from Quake:

Those things were scary lol.

apz freak

• View Profile
Importing as a quick monster replacement mod for Doom 3 sounds fun. I was a part of "DOOM REBORN" at some point. It went downhill and there was little to no management what-so-ever. And one of our team members went rouge and hacked the web-site to shreds. We all just lost interest and gave up when we realized that this teenager's superiority complex wasn't gonna let up.

Mostly that was texture creation and some props. For the character's I barely changed any geometry. I just pulled verts on the imp and repainted him. But I joined that mod because i wanted to see if anyone had recreated and rendered the first level in Doom. Then I found them and realized that I could be a part of an interactive recreation. Awesome. Until it imploded.

But this current project of mine is basically the realization of what drew me to the mod in the first place. But mine will be video only, not interactive.

apz freak

• View Profile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUeur1YYz_8

Here's a model turnaround and rigging demo for the Doom Imp.

edit: As an added bonus. The song playing the the background was 100% written and performed by me... Well... Unfortunately I can't say I played the solo  ;) I'm not that great at guitar, but I did write most of the solo.
« Last Edit: 2011-09-26 12:41:26 by apz freak »

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
Nice would be good though to put some clothes on him :P

BloodShot

• View Profile
Nice would be good though to put some clothes on him :P

ahem