Author Topic: [FF7PC] cmh175 Release Thread  (Read 120338 times)

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
[FF7PC] cmh175 Release Thread
« on: 2013-12-02 17:40:20 »
I'm having trouble keeping track of all my threads so I'm moving everything here. All future updates and releases will be posted here.

cmh175 Life Form

cmh175 Life Form

cmh175 Red XIII

LGP Version ->cmh175 Red XIII

7thHeaven Version ->cmh175 Red XIII 7thHeaven

I have to thank the artist Ash Barnard for letting me import his awesome model (http://ashbarnard.co.uk).

Demo video by FFVIIFreaK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUzA--0BQT0

New Shaded model: Shaded cmh175 Red XIII

HD Cid

LGP Version -> HD Cid

7thHeaven Version -> HD Cid 7thHeaven

I have to thank Rayved for letting me import his awesome model.

~Note: 7H mod and mini game models aren't compatible with the Reunion mini game model option. Leave unchecked for Reunion installation or the game will crash.

TA Cloud 2.0

LGP Version-> TA Cloud 2.0

7thHeaven Version -> TA Cloud 2.0 7thHeaven

7H version includes an extra model for the younger Cloud model.

~Note: 7H mod and mini game models aren't compatible with the Reunion mini game model option. Uncheck Mini Game models for TA Cloud or the game will crash.

AC Red XIII

This is a rebuild of Kelas Red XIII model. I built it onto a new skeleton I re-sized to correct the issues the original had. It's longer now so I made some alterations in Blender to fill a few holes. I also edited the texture to match Red XIIIs appearance in Advent Children, removing the yellow from the stomach and face, and making his fur a darker red. I think it helps bring out the detail more in the model while toning down some of the noise. It looks a little bright in Kimera, but the game adds shading so it looks great when you're playing, I added two in game screenshots with shaders turned off. I also did a version of the new model with the original texture so you can pick and choose if you prefer the original colors. 

AC Red XIII -> AC Red XIII

AC Red XIII 7thHeaven iro -> AC Red XIII 7thHeaven

Cmh/Kela Red XIII rebuild -> cmh/kela Red XIII Rebuild

Cmh/Kela Red XIII rebuild 7thHeaven iro -> cmh/kela Red XIII Rebuild 7thHeaven

HQ Barret175

UPDATE: New Release: HQ Barret 2.0

7thHeaven version: HQ Barret 7thHeaven

Whiteravens Aeris Field Model

Whiteraven Aeris field model

Young Cloud

7th Heaven script to replace Clouds younger model with an alternate model. I used APZ Cloud in the directions. Total time required is 10 minutes.

Here are the affected scenes.

Young Cloud

-Kalm flashback (field and battle)

-Life Stream (When revisiting Nibelheim memory)

Swordless

-Zack flashback

-Golden Saucer Date

-Life Stream

Demo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKMHBJBA_pM

Young Cloud 7thHeaven mod

New HD Ending Video

Watch it here -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gEDVlWJIjE&feature=youtu.be

New HD Ending FMV

cmh175 Remastered FMVs

Remastered using the 2012 re-releases videos and the psx versions audio. Square upscaled these themselves so they're more detailed than the originals, but they also diminished the color and sound. This is what the re-releases videos should have looked like. Ending videos have been converted for full screen, with a separate download for versions with the original resolution. The 7thHeaven version includes all of my videos including the HD Ending fmv.   

Remastered FMVs:
Remastered FMV file 1
Remastered FMV file 2
Remastered FMV file 3
Remastered FMV file 4

Original Resolution Ending Videos:
Original Resolution Ending Videos

7thHeaven Version:
cmh175 HQ FMV 7H Pack

Final Fantasy VII Pinnacle Profile matched to original psx controls: http://www.mediafire.com/view/muit00xtpc8qtuq/Final%20Fantasy%20VII.pin
« Last Edit: 2018-02-02 15:32:12 by cmh175 »

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
Re: cmh175 Release Thread
« Reply #1 on: 2013-12-04 23:58:05 »
Great! Neat and Tidy. A little pic heavy, but great works all the same. I swear I saw this once before.  :-P

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2013-12-05 04:15:15 »
lol caught me. I was going through my files on media fire and realized how much stuff I had uploaded, and I had no idea where all my threads were. I hadn't bookmarked anything. Some of these have been updated more than once too so just made sense to keep a single release page. I mostly just copied everything from the original threads, otherwise it would have been less wordy too.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2013-12-05 14:23:03 »
Cmh rox!

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #4 on: 2013-12-14 00:21:07 »
Hey man... are you planning dealing with the carry armor? I haven't seen anyone re-texturing it... it would be interesting!

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-12-14 01:21:41 »
That's a good idea. I'm not very good with textures though, that's my weakest skill. After I get more confident with Maya 2014 I'm going to try learning zbrush, so I'll take a look at stuff like that for practice.

I'm finishing up a new project though so something new to look forward to.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #6 on: 2013-12-14 01:24:46 »
Now I'm intrigued with your teaser! Can you post some pics? :P :P

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2013-12-22 09:36:45 »
New release uploaded. It's the remodeled Team Avalanche Cloud model Kaldarasha was working on. He redesigned the face and pants so it's very different from the original. I finished the models for the game, and corrected the issues the original had, like a problem with transparency and removed the several texture files the field models used, and I did an alternate model for young Cloud. Links for TA Cloud 2.0 are in the first post.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #8 on: 2013-12-22 17:54:49 »
Great!!!

livergreg

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013-12-23 20:43:26 »
thank you very much  cmh175

livergreg

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013-12-25 14:48:33 »
Sorry for the double post, I wonder if mods are planned for wedge, Jessie and biggs?

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2013-12-28 00:01:42 »
By me? No nothing yet. I have a few original designs in mind but so far I've only done rebuilds and imports.

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #12 on: 2013-12-28 23:26:12 »
By me? No nothing yet. I have a few original designs in mind but so far I've only done rebuilds and imports.

Such an honest answer. The way things work nowadays is generally that people get a modified model from and "X" and think is that "X" is the original creator of said model while the original creator is sweep aside. It is nice to see such a true person in this rat race of "I did this mod by myself" fame.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2013-12-29 00:25:43 »
Thanks Grimmy. I always try to give credit where it's due. Importing models for the game certainly isn't easy. I try to make imported models look as close to their original appearance as possible, while still fitting the original ff7 models skeleton effectively. But compared to the work and effort of making these models from scratch I just feel like a butcher, cutting them into pieces lol.

The modeling aspect doesn't seem too hard once I fully pick up all the tools in Maya. Textures seem to be what really require work. Trying to figure out the most effective way to make detailed diffuse maps. I know some use baked ambient occlusion maps and add the remaining color and detail in Photoshop, while others prefer to paint their meshes in Zbrush and Mudbox. So trying to find the best route and what I really need to learn. I'd like to have a completely original release at some point.   

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #14 on: 2014-01-02 08:26:42 »
cmh175 -- you're amazing!  Thank you for compiling all of this and sharing it with us!  I use most of these for my FFVII mod and I have to say I'm in LOVE <3 

Finally - Cid and RedXIII are HD   :-D

therage800

• View Profile
    • TheRage800
« Reply #15 on: 2014-01-22 02:54:06 »
I'm using CMH175 Red XIII and HD Cid. Love em' both!

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2014-01-24 15:01:18 »
Thanks glad you guys like them.

Update to TA Cloud 2.0, fixed a small error with the young Cloud model. I also added the option of using the black uniform for Clouds normal models instead of the blue. Just copy all the files into your lgps, then add the rtac file from the Black Texture folder to your battle.lgp, and add the .tex files to your char.lgp. Then add aabb.tex to your chocobo.lgp, high_us.lgp, and world_us.lgp.

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2014-02-09 00:21:06 »
Forgot I hadn't released a 7thHeaven version for HD Cid, can be found on first post. It includes a mini game model so it wont be compatible with the model overhaul mini game option in the Reunion.

BaconTopHat45

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2014-03-08 01:53:26 »
Hi. First of all thanks! These mods are awesome, your Cloud is probably my favorite I found so far. But I have one problem. I installed the TA Cloud 2.0 without the black armor but I noticed he is wearing the black armor on the field anyways. In battle he is wearing purple like he should but on the field he is in black. I am using the lgp version. Help would be appreciated thanks. :3

Also can you possibly release a version with his sword on his back. The cloud I use before this one had it, it was pretty cool. If not it's all cool.  8)

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2014-03-08 02:27:40 »
Thanks for pointing that out. I did an update for a minor fix for the black uniform recently and must have accidentally copied the texture over too. Crap, not sure how I missed that. The lgp version's updated, and I added a separate folder with a sword model. The original TA model didn't have one so I didn't think to do one, but took only a minute to put together. I didn't add one to the 7H version though, I'd have to write it into the script and I haven't gotten around to that. If you use 7H just download the lgp too and add the sword model to the direct folder.

BaconTopHat45

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2014-03-08 03:12:44 »
Oh wow that was quick. Thanks a lot I'll try it out now.  :-D

EDIT: Works great. Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2014-03-08 03:52:48 by BaconTopHat45 »

Luigi Brosse

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2014-03-24 17:45:57 »
Hi cmh175 and thanks for your great models.

I am using 7th Haven and the iros in top of The Reunion (to give you an idea of my config).
I am able to load just fine Barrett and Red XIII, but if I try to load Cloud or Cid, I have some trouble.
ff7.exe crashes at the beginning (before displaying the SE logo - this is modified by The Reunion).
I see a black screen and after some second the mouse pointer (which is not the case when the game normally starts), then nothing for ever.
I have to kill ff7.exe in order to do something.

Any tips?

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2014-03-24 17:52:00 »
Cloud and Cid have mini game models included and for some reason what ever the Reunion does to the mini games they aren't compatible anymore and crash the game. I personally use the mini game mods that are included with bootleg instead so I can use imported models. If you reinstall the Reunion without the mini game model option it'll work fine.

LeonhartGR

• View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #23 on: 2014-03-24 22:45:48 »
That's sad since what we are waiting for is the minigame fixes this whole time! :)

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2014-03-25 02:37:53 »
After the updated Reunion release I'll see about adding a compatible version.