Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4836412 times)

dicksdequina

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #7225 on: 2018-08-24 18:02:42 »
I'm playing this with the latest version (v1.5) and I've noticed that Cloud's passive in the game and in the Readme (Documentation) is different. In my game it's the Limit Boost passive meanwhile the readme says it should be Second Wind. Is this normal or was there an error somewhere I don't know about? Im using 7th heaven btw.

And also, good work on this mod. I've been enjoying it tremendously.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7226 on: 2018-08-25 02:44:10 »
I'm playing this with the latest version (v1.5) and I've noticed that Cloud's passive in the game and in the Readme (Documentation) is different. In my game it's the Limit Boost passive meanwhile the readme says it should be Second Wind. Is this normal or was there an error somewhere I don't know about? Im using 7th heaven btw.

And also, good work on this mod. I've been enjoying it tremendously.

The innate was swapped to Cid, so what you're seeing in-game is correct. I'm just terrible for keeping documentation up to date.

natepley

• View Profile
« Reply #7227 on: 2018-08-25 02:48:13 »
A few questions:

1) Is New Threat compatible with menu overhaul and Beacause?  I always thought they were incompatible but you include the ff7_bc.exe in the download.  Does that mean that both are compatible?  Or is only menu overhaul compatible?  Or neither?  I at least really want to not have menu boxes in battles, but the other stuff would also be pretty nice.

2) Are you still working on this?  Is a 1.6 planned or is this the final version?

3) I read somewhere that you're working on an FF8 mod now.  Where can I follow the progress for that?  I'm excited to see what you can do with it.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7228 on: 2018-08-25 03:48:27 »
A few questions:

1) Is New Threat compatible with menu overhaul and Beacause?  I always thought they were incompatible but you include the ff7_bc.exe in the download.  Does that mean that both are compatible?  Or is only menu overhaul compatible?  Or neither?  I at least really want to not have menu boxes in battles, but the other stuff would also be pretty nice.

2) Are you still working on this?  Is a 1.6 planned or is this the final version?

3) I read somewhere that you're working on an FF8 mod now.  Where can I follow the progress for that?  I'm excited to see what you can do with it.

I think you can combine it with menu overhaul through 7H, people found a load order for it. Reunion (as in, the retranslation of it) would be problematic.

There will be an overhaul of the mod (2.0) at some point in the future but it'll be a bit more extensive than a version upgrade and certain features/content will be cut from the mod. For that reason, I'll be keeping 1.5 as a 'legacy' version along with the 2.0 version and supporting it with bug-fixes as needed.

2.0 won't be seen for a while because, like you say, I'm working on an FF8 mod now. I've got a small video with some progress details here: https://youtu.be/U40Usk770gY

So far, there's been assembly changes to tackle Junction behaviour, Draw amounts, Limit Break usage, and other things like damage modifiers. Work-wise, I'm just past Gerogero and trying to get a first-pass of the game's text done before I carry on with the Timber/Dollet area world map enemies (after that, what's left is Galbadia area, Tomb of the Unknown King, Iguions, and the Sewers; I've got the battles for end of Disc 1 prepped already).

I'll be releasing Disc 1 as a demo for feedback before pushing on with the rest of the game.

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #7229 on: 2018-08-25 21:34:54 »
Hola - where do you get the Max Ray? "Where is the thing" says it's a steal from King Behemoth but he only gives Pilebunkers.

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7230 on: 2018-08-25 22:34:26 »
Exe is unlocked but still only 1-3 sources on rank up. Any other ideas?

I think you were being misunderstood. In NT with the custom exe sources give you 5 stats per source. So you only get 1-3 sources but 5-15 stats. looking at your stats before and after using them will confirm this.

Hola - where do you get the Max Ray? "Where is the thing" says it's a steal from King Behemoth but he only gives Pilebunkers.

my pc is OOC currently so i cant check the scene, but if i recall correctly is a rare drop/steal. Equip theives gloves to increase your chances. If I recall correctly the enemies with weapons have a common steal/ morph weapon, and a rare steal/drop weapon. I do know that you can get both in 1 encounter though.
« Last Edit: 2018-08-25 22:37:35 by UpRisen »

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #7231 on: 2018-08-26 00:00:52 »
I think you were being misunderstood. In NT with the custom exe sources give you 5 stats per source. So you only get 1-3 sources but 5-15 stats. looking at your stats before and after using them will confirm this.

my pc is OOC currently so i cant check the scene, but if i recall correctly is a rare drop/steal. Equip theives gloves to increase your chances. If I recall correctly the enemies with weapons have a common steal/ morph weapon, and a rare steal/drop weapon. I do know that you can get both in 1 encounter though.

That does seem to work for most. The Behemoth however seems to drop the Pilebunker in steal and morph. No idea where the Max Ray is though. Also, thank you for confirming the sources. Totally threw me off...

dicksdequina

• View Profile
« Reply #7232 on: 2018-08-26 10:39:59 »
Yet another question basing on the Readme in the Documentation : First time through Gold Saucer. Aside from dating Aerith, is there another way to get Umbrella? I tried scoring 5000 points in the Speed Square but it didn't give me anything. I'm favoring Tifa in my playthrough and that's why I'm concerned that if the date event gives me Tifa then I might miss that weapon. Do I need to score higher than 5000 points in the Speed Square?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7233 on: 2018-08-26 13:35:54 »

Armored Golem should have it.

Yet another question basing on the Readme in the Documentation : First time through Gold Saucer. Aside from dating Aerith, is there another way to get Umbrella? I tried scoring 5000 points in the Speed Square but it didn't give me anything. I'm favoring Tifa in my playthrough and that's why I'm concerned that if the date event gives me Tifa then I might miss that weapon. Do I need to score higher than 5000 points in the Speed Square?

5k+ gets the umbrella but only before you get the Highwind, after that it's Flayer. The minigame is tricky on PC due to the reticle being twitchy. You could try doing the blimp propeller exploit to get the points needed: https://youtu.be/OyYvRuUQhS8

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #7234 on: 2018-08-26 15:48:21 »
Armored Golem should have it.

So far it has only been a pile bunker through both steal / morph of the Armored Golem. Is it an either / or for Max Ray then? I noticed the Enemy Items.xlsx even only lists Pile Bunker for the Armored Golem.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #7235 on: 2018-08-26 22:54:38 »

Thieve's gloves? I've never seen that. Where/when does one acquire this item? (It if's after the Huge/Mega Materia quest, just say as much so I don't get too spoiled =) )

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7236 on: 2018-08-27 00:30:48 »
So far it has only been a pile bunker through both steal / morph of the Armored Golem. Is it an either / or for Max Ray then? I noticed the Enemy Items.xlsx even only lists Pile Bunker for the Armored Golem.

Half the weapons are acquired through a drop, which can only be gotten if no Steal is made (not sure about Morph, but I think this also locks off the Drop). Armored Golem can drop Max Ray, carries Pilebunker as a Steal/Morph so just kill them and avoid stealing to have a chance at getting it.

Thieve's gloves? I've never seen that. Where/when does one acquire this item? (It if's after the Huge/Mega Materia quest, just say as much so I don't get too spoiled =) )

Sneak Glove is obtained from same place as default game, it's sold by the NPC who sells you batteries in Wall Market on Disc 1. It costs a fair bit, price was also unchanged; about 129k.

kamek523

• View Profile
« Reply #7237 on: 2018-08-27 01:02:41 »
Any luck finding where to get enemy skill Alpha/Transfusion?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7238 on: 2018-08-27 03:58:00 »
It was on Death Dealer as a manipulate command which he's immune to. I'll sort something out soon as a hotfix patch.

blokx

• View Profile
« Reply #7239 on: 2018-08-27 07:42:46 »
Just started a new game. Was escaping the reactor, 10 minute clock on the screen.
Spoiler: show
I see Biggs knocked out so I go help him up. He runs up the stairs, stop half way up, tells me to be careful. Then I get into a fight with Zangan? Who hits for like 5k, 1-shotting. I couldn't escape. And if I just defended, he'd say "....".
Is that supposed to happen? If so, how is anyone meant to handle that situation?

UpRisen

• View Profile
« Reply #7240 on: 2018-08-27 14:32:53 »
Just started a new game. Was escaping the reactor, 10 minute clock on the screen.
I see Biggs knocked out so I go help him up. He runs up the stairs, stop half way up, tells me to be careful. Then I get into a fight with Zangan? Who hits for like 5k, 1-shotting. I couldn't escape. And if I just defended, he'd say "....".
Is that supposed to happen? If so, how is anyone meant to handle that situation?

This is most likely a conflict with the Jessie mod. Turn that off and start a new game so that jessie wont be in your party anymore.

blokx

• View Profile
« Reply #7241 on: 2018-08-28 08:05:22 »
This is most likely a conflict with the Jessie mod. Turn that off and start a new game so that jessie wont be in your party anymore.

Yup, that was it. Thanks! I realize now, that one mod was causing quite a few issues. The 10 minute timer wasn't starting at the correct time, certain groups of enemies weren't coming out when they should. All that just because I thought it would be neat to have Jessie in my party for the first 20 minutes of the game, haha.

Any idea of there are other mods packaged with 7H that just don't work? I don't have any of the "Story & Difficutly" mods enabled since that seemed like an obvious conflict. I do have "Always Run" and "Increase Sense Limit" enabled in the "Tweaks and Cheats" portion, but I also have that lower in the list than New Threat.

UpRisen

• View Profile
« Reply #7242 on: 2018-08-28 13:55:36 »
Those mods will work fine with NT. the only ones to avoid are jessie mod, Gameplay and difficulty. and Tifa/caitsith slot cheats, and the Beacause option of the Reunion. Menu overhaul is fine as long as you use the ff7_bc.exe included with the NT download.

blokx

• View Profile
« Reply #7243 on: 2018-08-28 18:23:15 »
Those mods will work fine with NT. the only ones to avoid are jessie mod, Gameplay and difficulty. and Tifa/caitsith slot cheats, and the Beacause option of the Reunion. Menu overhaul is fine as long as you use the ff7_bc.exe included with the NT download.

Perfect. I'm using the menu overhaul, but not the Beacause translations. I assumed that wouldn't work since SegaChief also changed up the text a bit. Just didn't realize about the Jessie mod.
Although this is my second time starting up a game of New Threat, so you'd think I would remember that bit where she joins that battle when you help her get her foot unstuck. Oh well.

Thanks a lot for the help, UpRisen!

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #7244 on: 2018-09-01 17:04:49 »
Hello - any timing on potential adjustments to weapon damage formulas? I'm finding the Conformer is just so OP right now and then a lot of other ultimate weapons are junk. Also, I noticed that attack damage seems to drop quite a bit in ultimates such as Omnislash. Cloud at lvl 99 normally hits around 2 - 5K and then his omnislash hits are 1k.

« Reply #7245 on: 2018-09-01 18:56:28 »
Hey, I'm playing through the mod again, and I just got the Mega-All materia, and fought the Kaktuar (I think that's what it's called, the silver Cactuar with the retro 3D glasses).

I'm just wondering, the various key items you get for doing side quests and such - the 7777 Needles, the Pulse Ammo, the Dark Matter, the X-ATM Core, the Oversoul Shards, and so on - do they actually do anything Or do they just sit in your inventory to look pretty?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7246 on: 2018-09-01 22:31:51 »
Hello - any timing on potential adjustments to weapon damage formulas? I'm finding the Conformer is just so OP right now and then a lot of other ultimate weapons are junk. Also, I noticed that attack damage seems to drop quite a bit in ultimates such as Omnislash. Cloud at lvl 99 normally hits around 2 - 5K and then his omnislash hits are 1k.

Thanks to karifean, I have notes on where those formulas are in the exe so an adjustment will likely be made to them in the future.

Hey, I'm playing through the mod again, and I just got the Mega-All materia, and fought the Kaktuar (I think that's what it's called, the silver Cactuar with the retro 3D glasses).

I'm just wondering, the various key items you get for doing side quests and such - the 7777 Needles, the Pulse Ammo, the Dark Matter, the X-ATM Core, the Oversoul Shards, and so on - do they actually do anything Or do they just sit in your inventory to look pretty?

You use them to get ultimate weapons, usually it'll be 2 of the character's end-game weapons + one of those new items (so for Cloud it'd be 1x Ragnarok, 1x Heaven's Cloud, and 1x Zenogias Feather). Check in with the dude in the blue house on the world map near Gongaga, where you'd ordinarily trade in Mythril.

Zeikier

• View Profile
« Reply #7247 on: 2018-09-02 17:07:36 »
Heyo, I noticed I was using an outdated version of this mod from 2017 so I got the 2018 version. For some reason the installer isn't changing the files.

It's giving me the "The destination directory doesn't contain any files to update." I've moved the data file to the desktop, or installing the previous version, but I'm not sure what will let it update any of the files unless there's a step I'm missing.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7248 on: 2018-09-02 20:21:19 »
Heyo, I noticed I was using an outdated version of this mod from 2017 so I got the 2018 version. For some reason the installer isn't changing the files.

It's giving me the "The destination directory doesn't contain any files to update." I've moved the data file to the desktop, or installing the previous version, but I'm not sure what will let it update any of the files unless there's a step I'm missing.

The installation target was changed for the new version so it could patch the game's executable. Instead of the data folder, aim it at the FF7 folder itself above it.

« Reply #7249 on: 2018-09-02 22:18:04 »
Another question:

I just killed the Curator on my return to Midgar. The chest behind it contained "Nothing!"

Did I do something wrong? Or is that normal?