Author Topic: LGP Tools on Vista  (Read 7983 times)

Claude

• View Profile
LGP Tools on Vista
« on: 2008-02-10 20:07:35 »
Hi, has anyone got LGP Tools working properly on Vista? When i try to run it and install LGP Shell Extensions i get "Installation Failed! Possible reasons: -Registry is corrupt. -LGPPROP.dll(??) was not found in the LGP Tools folder. -Could not write to System\ShellExt folder."

Without installing the extensions i can still run it and almost completele installing NPC Reconstruct project, but no matter how many times i try, i get the same "Stream read error" and it's no good, old blocky, or messed up models ingame.

So is there any other program that i can edit .lgp files(extract, recompile) with or can someone tell me how to get LGP tools working? Thanks in advance.

Myria kitty

• View Profile
Re: LGP Tools on Vista
« Reply #1 on: 2008-02-11 03:44:28 »
Try running the install program as Administrator?  I don't have Vista at home, but that's what I would try.

Claude

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008-02-11 16:40:47 »
Well obviously it didn't work out, since i'm already the administrator of this computer, i can't even check the "Run as the administrator" so no good, thanks anyway :-)

Anything else to try? :O

kini

• View Profile
    • open source web
« Reply #3 on: 2008-02-11 17:34:08 »
i havent tryed it either but i think in properties there should be run compatability with xp, 98 etc

Myria kitty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008-02-12 03:12:58 »
Well obviously it didn't work out, since i'm already the administrator of this computer, i can't even check the "Run as the administrator" so no good, thanks anyway :-)

Anything else to try? :O
Did you disable UAC or something?  The default in Vista is that Administrators must do something special to run a program as Administrator - simply logging in as Administrator isn't enough.  Right click a file and select "Run as Administrator".

HeavensCloud

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008-04-06 18:09:12 »
Going to bump this as I have an identical problem, and curious whether you ever figured it out Claude?  Also I don't think it has anything to do with admin rights for Vista, as the LGPtools runs, it just always comes up with a Stream Read Error.
« Last Edit: 2008-04-06 20:10:08 by HeavensCloud »

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008-04-06 20:30:30 »
If it's on Vista or not, it should still work fine, I have Vista, and LGPTools works fine for me every time.  :roll: