Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4836896 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #9500 on: 2020-05-16 22:05:18 »
Hey sega appearently with mod list i posted above your mod seems not working properly... to reinstall it i just remove from 7th heaven and re download it or i must removce FFVII entirely from pc?

EDIT: Bonerz bla bla mod that rename spells cause d NT mod to NOT WORK for me so i removed it, reinstalled your mod and now seems working fine i started fresh game and cloud have fire-bolt-ice lpus the first 3 mobs are TRAINEE whatever so MAYBE that mod (spell renamer) causes some sort of conflict :/

Bonez' mod should have an option for New threat compatibility; if you click on the Bonez iro and then the cog on the right, it'll let you set options for it. Set it to New Threat and then move that IRO above NT in the mod load order.

Edit: Thanks to Karenjr95 for the donation, I appreciate it.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-16 22:09:22 by Sega Chief »

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9501 on: 2020-05-16 22:27:11 »
Hey sega appearently with mod list i posted above your mod seems not working properly... to reinstall it i just remove from 7th heaven and re download it or i must removce FFVII entirely from pc?

EDIT: Bonerz bla bla mod that rename spells cause d NT mod to NOT WORK for me so i removed it, reinstalled your mod and now seems working fine i started fresh game and cloud have fire-bolt-ice lpus the first 3 mobs are TRAINEE whatever so MAYBE that mod (spell renamer) causes some sort of conflict :/

It's "Bonez"

And we've set up a compatibility check so next release of the New Threat iro should automatically change the spell names mod to the correct option so this won't happen anymore.

Rejoice.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-16 23:09:49 by Bonez »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9502 on: 2020-05-16 23:37:31 »
It's "Bonez"

And we've set up a compatibility check so next release of the New Threat iro should automatically change the spell names mod to the correct option so this won't happen anymore.

Rejoice.

That's that update uploaded; link is on the first post of this thread.

GMTanvis

• View Profile
« Reply #9503 on: 2020-05-16 23:54:12 »
Loving this mod so far, super great changes to everything. But I'm having a little reoccurring problem. Not sure if this has to do with the particular mods I have set up, but multiple times now, my game has crashed, usually randomly, during the ending of the Quake3 animation.

Usually it just happens every once and a while, but during the ???? Ninja fight in Wutai. When it gives itself the barriers using the Quake3 animation, always the second time during the battle, the game crashes.

Not sure what's going on or if I just need to turn off spell texture mods or something like that. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #9504 on: 2020-05-17 00:39:46 »
I officialy vote for having guard scorpion with me as char! :D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9505 on: 2020-05-17 00:47:20 »
Loving this mod so far, super great changes to everything. But I'm having a little reoccurring problem. Not sure if this has to do with the particular mods I have set up, but multiple times now, my game has crashed, usually randomly, during the ending of the Quake3 animation.

Usually it just happens every once and a while, but during the ???? Ninja fight in Wutai. When it gives itself the barriers using the Quake3 animation, always the second time during the battle, the game crashes.

Not sure what's going on or if I just need to turn off spell texture mods or something like that. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Quake3 has had an issue with its transparency effects in that they'll load from the menu textures after more than one use, and I think it's something to do with the driver as other attacks with transparency effects also start to behave strangely when used multiple times in a fight (I think this is also related to the Hyper Jump crash on Steam).

Sounds very likely this is the underlying cause; perhaps spell texture mods on top is exacerbating the problem and leading to the crash. Usually the game is 'OK' with the Quake3 thing and the other visual bugs from attacks like Oil Shot and Atomic Ray. Try the fight without the spell texture mod on, and let me know if it still crashes; I can change the animation to something else.

GMTanvis

• View Profile
« Reply #9506 on: 2020-05-17 01:12:27 »
Quake3 has had an issue with its transparency effects in that they'll load from the menu textures after more than one use, and I think it's something to do with the driver as other attacks with transparency effects also start to behave strangely when used multiple times in a fight (I think this is also related to the Hyper Jump crash on Steam).

Sounds very likely this is the underlying cause; perhaps spell texture mods on top is exacerbating the problem and leading to the crash. Usually the game is 'OK' with the Quake3 thing and the other visual bugs from attacks like Oil Shot and Atomic Ray. Try the fight without the spell texture mod on, and let me know if it still crashes; I can change the animation to something else.

Yup still crashed without any spell textures on. I have my texture memory set to 2048 and Texture Cache is on, if that affects anything.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9507 on: 2020-05-17 01:59:14 »
Yup still crashed without any spell textures on. I have my texture memory set to 2048 and Texture Cache is on, if that affects anything.

I ran the fight, and saw that the menu texture glitch occurred for Quake 3 (single target) on the 2nd cast. Game kept running but I had no other mods on. I'll just change the animation for stability (and make some other tweaks to camera, etc.)

GMTanvis

• View Profile
« Reply #9508 on: 2020-05-17 02:17:00 »
how strange, thank you so much!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9509 on: 2020-05-17 02:24:21 »
17th May 2020 - Changes an animation with a boss to prevent a texture glitch (also removes some awkward camera angles).

Installer
https://mega.nz/file/m8kAVKYY#KBAM7ZKuJLIXHome9JY2fTEF4ijxQJPZvL13AGGMnQ4

IRO
https://mega.nz/file/Wx1W0Y5b#7wneRJx-Lb5Wh8cd688b-kT_Vlq9gHCkfeiW8B-ZyKo

GMTanvis

• View Profile
« Reply #9510 on: 2020-05-17 02:29:12 »
Awesome! I've been using 7th heaven to do all my mods, would the auto-updater handle this or do I have to manually replace the IRO?

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #9511 on: 2020-05-17 02:45:23 »
17th May 2020 - Changes an animation with a boss to prevent a texture glitch (also removes some awkward camera angles).

Installer
https://mega.nz/file/m8kAVKYY#KBAM7ZKuJLIXHome9JY2fTEF4ijxQJPZvL13AGGMnQ4

IRO
https://mega.nz/file/Wx1W0Y5b#7wneRJx-Lb5Wh8cd688b-kT_Vlq9gHCkfeiW8B-ZyKo

i must uninstall and reinstall this new one?

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #9512 on: 2020-05-17 03:23:57 »
So, I ran into an issue trying to use the latest IRO.

First when I tried, it installed a SECOND version of New Threat instead of overriding the original. Neither one said the publish date was the 16th. I got rid of both and tried again, but it kept giving me an access error about half way through. I restarted my computer, and it seems to have installed fine now, but I'm not sure if that was a 7H issue, a NT IRO issue, or a me issue! Figured I'd report it just in case!

[EDIT] I don't know if this has anything to do with my little screw-up, but now when I get to a save point, the NT menu is using playstation controls instead of the usual [ok] [cancel] [switch] etc. Is there any way I can revert this?
« Last Edit: 2020-05-17 03:45:08 by EmperorSteele »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9513 on: 2020-05-17 04:40:41 »
Awesome! I've been using 7th heaven to do all my mods, would the auto-updater handle this or do I have to manually replace the IRO?

Deactivate the old one, then import the new one.

i must uninstall and reinstall this new one?

Not necessarily, only if you run into issues with the Da Chao Fire Cave fight on Disc 3.

So, I ran into an issue trying to use the latest IRO.

First when I tried, it installed a SECOND version of New Threat instead of overriding the original. Neither one said the publish date was the 16th. I got rid of both and tried again, but it kept giving me an access error about half way through. I restarted my computer, and it seems to have installed fine now, but I'm not sure if that was a 7H issue, a NT IRO issue, or a me issue! Figured I'd report it just in case!

[EDIT] I don't know if this has anything to do with my little screw-up, but now when I get to a save point, the NT menu is using playstation controls instead of the usual [ok] [cancel] [switch] etc. Is there any way I can revert this?

Might be because the newer IROs now have a unique ID whereas the old one had no ID, meaning multiple copies could be installed. The Catalog version of the NT IRO may still be able to be activated along with the IRO from here however (when it's updated, this will no longer be the case).

Sometimes closing and then re-opening 7h can help if it starts to throw errors with showing files, etc.

The newest NT IRO swapped from using the old PC control prompts to a Controller Icon set instead. This was to make it compatible with mods that add Controller Icons (for PSX and XBOX) and because a lot of users favour controller. I personally use Keyboard, but I find it a bit easier to use the controller prompts when dealing with the shoulder buttons as I always forget which is Camera and which is Target.

If you're using an XBOX controller and find the prompts confusing, or you use X as confirm instead of O, then I recommend using the controller options in the ESUI Enhanced Stock UI mod; they can change the type of icons used and swap the confirm/cancel buttons around for both.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #9514 on: 2020-05-17 05:36:56 »
Might be because the newer IROs now have a unique ID whereas the old one had no ID, meaning multiple copies could be installed. The Catalog version of the NT IRO may still be able to be activated along with the IRO from here however (when it's updated, this will no longer be the case).

That's right. Any future updates that match the current ID will give the Update prompt (7H > My Mods tab > Mod Info window > Version: x.x Auto Update). Just click the Update link and it'll download/replace with the new one. It won't duplicate anymore after that.

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #9515 on: 2020-05-17 12:03:50 »
sp wjhile i was playing the 15&5 version of the mod game crashed with the small window saying "sorry the game encontered an error due to a mod bla blab la" might be a NT issue or anotehr one? and to update safely via th heavn is enough delete old one and import new one and i can keep my previous save game going?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9516 on: 2020-05-17 13:11:40 »
sp wjhile i was playing the 15&5 version of the mod game crashed with the small window saying "sorry the game encontered an error due to a mod bla blab la" might be a NT issue or anotehr one? and to update safely via th heavn is enough delete old one and import new one and i can keep my previous save game going?

It's a bit too vague to say, although I have been seeing users posting about getting persistent crashes when using a lot of high-load texture mods. Something about the memory getting overloaded. If you've stuff like 4k field textures on then I'd suggest downgrading some of them if possible.

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #9517 on: 2020-05-17 14:20:59 »
It's a bit too vague to say, although I have been seeing users posting about getting persistent crashes when using a lot of high-load texture mods. Something about the memory getting overloaded. If you've stuff like 4k field textures on then I'd suggest downgrading some of them if possible.
Yes chief i use the mod 4k fields

CrichtonKicks

• View Profile
« Reply #9518 on: 2020-05-17 16:41:57 »
This may be a stupid question but how do I change my party leader?  Just got to disk 3 and Tifa needs to be party leader to trigger her side quest but I don't see how to do that. 

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9519 on: 2020-05-17 17:03:48 »
This may be a stupid question but how do I change my party leader?  Just got to disk 3 and Tifa needs to be party leader to trigger her side quest but I don't see how to do that. 

First off, head to the bottom of North Crater to unlock all the stuff; Cloud will get a call from the Highwind confirming it. Then head back up and you can change party leader from the NPC on the right in the Operations Room.

CrichtonKicks

• View Profile
« Reply #9520 on: 2020-05-17 17:05:08 »
First off, head to the bottom of North Crater to unlock all the stuff; Cloud will get a call from the Highwind confirming it. Then head back up and you can change party leader from the NPC on the right in the Operations Room.

Ah, didn't realize I had to head into the crater first.  Thanks!

Barachiel

• View Profile
« Reply #9521 on: 2020-05-17 17:08:24 »
So is there a more comprehensive list of details on "New Threat Vanilla"?  I've not played FF7 in 10+ years, and I was never a master of it, so I'm not looking so much for additional combat challenge as I am the improved translation and restored content.  Is that all NTV is, or does it include the other mechanical changes (such as to AI, materia, and character stats, and Mr. Smile), and only omits the new enemies?

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #9522 on: 2020-05-17 17:29:41 »
so i removed previous NT version and installed the newest one you did Sega. To make sucjh process in 7th heaven i uninstalled your revious mod and installed importing the new one you did . I had a small save at begin of game (prior guard scorpion) so far cloud still have 3 spell mmaterias and scripted POST guard scorpion fight happened (the one with jessie) so mod still work good or is better restart fresh game to avoid previous edition of the mod issues?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9523 on: 2020-05-17 20:05:24 »
So is there a more comprehensive list of details on "New Threat Vanilla"?  I've not played FF7 in 10+ years, and I was never a master of it, so I'm not looking so much for additional combat challenge as I am the improved translation and restored content.  Is that all NTV is, or does it include the other mechanical changes (such as to AI, materia, and character stats, and Mr. Smile), and only omits the new enemies?

So in NT Vanilla, you get a dialogue revamp, some optional cutscene skips (Jessies Midgar explanation on the train, Nibelheum flashback, etc.), and some extra restored scenes that were defunct in the game files. Anything related to new battles however, like the Disc 3 stuff, has been deactivated though so it's a skeleton of the mod in terms of content. You may see some references to NT systems like the rank up system, or character innate explanations when they join, but none of them are active (SP system might be though, but it's optional).

so i removed previous NT version and installed the newest one you did Sega. To make sucjh process in 7th heaven i uninstalled your revious mod and installed importing the new one you did . I had a small save at begin of game (prior guard scorpion) so far cloud still have 3 spell mmaterias and scripted POST guard scorpion fight happened (the one with jessie) so mod still work good or is better restart fresh game to avoid previous edition of the mod issues?

You should be fine because you started with NT files, there were only bugfixes prior. Same goes for any future updates, you can carry on with your save files. If Cloud has all 3 Materia then the initial state should be correct.

Barachiel

• View Profile
« Reply #9524 on: 2020-05-17 20:10:59 »
So in NT Vanilla, you get a dialogue revamp, some optional cutscene skips (Jessies Midgar explanation on the train, Nibelheum flashback, etc.), and some extra restored scenes that were defunct in the game files. Anything related to new battles however, like the Disc 3 stuff, has been deactivated though so it's a skeleton of the mod in terms of content. You may see some references to NT systems like the rank up system, or character innate explanations when they join, but none of them are active (SP system might be though, but it's optional).

Interesting.  I'd like to try it, but I can't seem to make it work.  I tried using the NTV IRO from the first page, and ... nothing happens.  No errors, no nothing, but nothing seems changed either.  So I tried using the Gameplay 3.0 mod from the Qhimm catalog, and selecting NTV option under its difficulty tab.  THAT actually seems to work at first glance, as I get starting pop-ups and explanations of Cloud's abilities, but the first combat encounter isn't with Trooper Trainees but creatures and on a Midgar exterior field.  So clearly, that's borked.

On a whim, I tried running the default New Threat IRO, and played about an hour into it.  THAT seems to work just fine, though.  *headscratch*  I'm tempted to just go with the regular mod, but reading the Documentation spreadsheet is more than a tad overwhelming.  I hate to say it, but is there a walkthrough for this mod on Neoseeker or Gamefaqs?  *laughs* (no, there isn't, I looked).