Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4839499 times)

OLKv3

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #9575 on: 2020-05-20 08:08:04 »
I come from someone that saw Wizard Staff and didn't even bother with any other staff I found after that. TBF it was endgame, but I haven't found the 4 last staves yet, according to the documentation.

I can concede with the Full Cure materia, because it can be easily missed without paying attention to the bartender's dialogue in Cosmo Canyon.
Nevertheless, I still think that restoring you to full MP is too much. It can still be "fun and effective", as you put it, but I'm not against Magic Counter+Renew anyway. Just tone down the MP recovery of Wizard Staff.

Edited for grammar
Yeah, lower it to 300 or so, the full MP with Slash all is completely busted lol. It negates all her other staves. Her ultimate weapon is pretty pointless once you have essentially unlimited MP.
Though I guess to be fair you can also do this with the W-Item glitch so eh.

KaosuReido

• View Profile
« Reply #9576 on: 2020-05-20 08:54:43 »
I can kind of agree on the Wizard's Staff restoring THAT much MP to be a little much. Maybe make it a staff that essentially works by draining MP from enemies when you hit them? Though that does negate using it on other characters, but you could argue that it frees up Osmose for them.

Regardless, I just don't think anything the player has needs a HEAVY nerf. I think some of the Extra bosses are a bit over powered, though; FF8 Omega Weapon seems to cause a near party wipe every turn or so, and some of them can easily get into recovery loops. A little in-game guidance on their gimmicks might be worth it, possibly like having a rumor monger or something in the Battle Square, or outside it, that gives you hints on what the gimmick is.

I don't know if it's possible to tie that to having attempted a battle once to get the hints for it, but if it is, it might be something like having the rumor monger give you advice for a fee, a fee that rises for more specific advice. Sort of like the guy that gives you hints for the Mayor's password.

Shirohô

• View Profile
« Reply #9577 on: 2020-05-20 11:02:34 »
The dialogue boxes seem to be to do with NT and ESUI mod; we're working on a fix.

The Save/PHS Anywhere hack is a dangerous one to use, because this game has a lot of procedural scripts that can break if you reload 'fresh' into them when it doesn't expect a field to be initialised as a save location. Sephiroth and Young Cloud I think cause problems with the Save File Preview window which is why the game can't be saved during the flashback normally until the midway point (when it temporarily shifts back to the Kalm Inn and puts the regular Cloud back into the party for the save before carrying on with Young Cloud).

The black screen may be a new thing though, I'll check into it.

Nice, thanks for your quick answer. I Hope that's not put too much stress on you. I have around an hundred mods and at least one message like this every 3 days, sometimes i stress a lot about it and it takes lot of my time to fix the stuff because im too sensitive about it xD.

The black screen could be an issue related to that save thing (the way u say it). Don't push too hard on this one, because it was not happening in 100% of the cases. I hade it once, only one of my friend once too, we reloaded just before and it was fine. I gave the message not to use save everywhere tweak/mod anymore (i hope the code harm was not permanent in the game save data though). I also double checked all the Qhimm mods configs and load order, everything was already fine i guess.

I (only me so far, my friends did not reach that moment) also have a Yuffie perfect dodge not working (sorry to bring something else xD). The message is well prompted but she take the hit it seems everytime. I googled to see if anyone has that, i found only one person quite a long time ago (http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14938.6925). Seems i am alone today on this, may be another tweak i should have not made on 7th heaven ? i did not activated anything else in gameplay feat, and wasn't crazy about other texture/UI tweaks. May be ESUI again ? but i doubt it touches to gameplay/combat variables right ?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9578 on: 2020-05-20 11:49:59 »
All right so:

1) Wizard Staff should be more difficult to hit 999MP recovery with it across the party (300 or so)
2) Barrier + Added Effect; I don't have a problem with Wall/Reflect (as Reflect can be seen as a double-edged effect) but Shield shouldn't be on there as it essentially makes you invulnerable.
3) Check the music thing
4) Black screen on pod check wasn't consistent but will check anyway
5) Some text boxes to adjust for ESUI in Midgar Raid

Yuffie's innate has been a weird one; some say it doesn't work, others say it does. In terms of mods, the character AI can't be conflicted without wiping out all the other kernel changes and the evasion value is assigned directly by the AI. So there'll be something under the hood that's affecting it. I'm getting rid of that innate for 2.0 and going with something else.

Edit: Actually scratch that, it was adding 255 onto the current value so what I reckon is happening is that it wraps up and ends up either low or high depending on what the base stat was.

Edit2: I tested out the ESUI field dialog style (both options, ESUI and Stock) and got dialogue for both in the Shinra Mansion basement. Is this the scene you mean?

ESUI

Stock

Actually thinking about it, might be that some of you are using the Catalog IRO which is behind on the current IRO held on this thread (it's had numerous bugfixes since then) one of which was an adjustment to the box spacing for this scene. I'll go check the Midgar Raid ones now as those boxes weren't adjusted.

For the most up to date IRO, try this one from a catalog I set up. I'll be adding this catalog link to the front page of this thread soon in place of the IRO link if people are able to access it without issue:

iros://Url/http$pastebin.com/raw.php?i=vXc4PpBS

Go into 7h and then Settings>General Settings. Add that under Catalog Subscriptions and Save. You may need to restart 7h/refresh the Browse mod tab to get the 4 new IROs to appear (NT, Vanilla NT, True Necrosis, and Lv1).

Edit 3: I think I've isolated the cause of the ESUI box thing, going to confirm with Chrys first. But I've got the Midgar Raid text fields working with it now, and I can resize the boxes back to fit.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-20 15:30:32 by Sega Chief »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9579 on: 2020-05-20 18:19:23 »
Updates are up:

*) Yuffie's Innate may now function correctly in more cases
*) Some text boxes in Midgar Raid and North Crater adjusted for ESUI compatibility
*) Wizard Staff adjusted to give MP equal to 33% of the target's MaxMP
*) Wizer Staff buffed with linked slots and Magic-based damage formula
*) SOLDIER: 2nd AI adjusted to prevent a softlock on attack ID references
*) Shield removed from Barrier Materia when combined with Added Effect (sorry Uprisen)
*) Fixed sound issue with Proud Clod's entrance (Fade Music instruction was muting SFX)
*) Attack animation for a end-game boss was changed (M.A.D Breath)

dvsblack

• View Profile
« Reply #9580 on: 2020-05-21 00:48:51 »
Not the guy you were replying too, just sharing my thoughts.
I don't think that Magic Counter+ Renew is OP, I think that being able to negate its MP costs per se with Wizard's Staff is "a smidge" OP. Without that, the cost would be too high that countering every single attack with Renew, especially in endgame, would destroy your MP.  (I think its also possible for confuse to screw you over when it heals a boss, not sure though.) Even Caith Sith needs several turns defending to get its MP back.

Barrier+Added Effect is kinda OP though, with it making the Barrier spells obsolete. They're zero cost.

Personally, all my characters are immune to confuse and silence. And the renew automatically removes all negative status effects.

Agravaile

• View Profile
« Reply #9581 on: 2020-05-21 05:29:25 »
Can custom models be used straight from reunion? Say if i delete all the models from the mod folder just to use the ones that were installed in my default reunion folder before (i'd especially want them to use for 60 fps battles), will there be no issues?

also, is there any incompatibilities or bugs involved with reunion? I have installed mods with models, fields and world map textures, as well as battle textures too, will those be conflicting with New Threat?

I have a general idea which folders to delete, but then, if doesn't cause any issues, which folders i'd have to delete in order to have field and battle models looking the same as they did in Reunion, without New Threat installed?
« Last Edit: 2020-05-21 05:39:41 by Agravaile »

Gotmilk751

• View Profile
« Reply #9582 on: 2020-05-21 07:13:41 »
Heya, another Reunion related question. When using the Reunion version, are the vanilla parts of the story script yours or DLPBs? I imagine probably yours but I wanted to check and make sure.

Shirohô

• View Profile
« Reply #9583 on: 2020-05-21 12:29:39 »

Yeah we all took the basic NT option through Qhimm "gameplay Catalog" mod. I desactivated this one to activate only the new one provided by your links.

and i can confirm already Yuffie's dodge is working quite well now.

As for the cave dialog (yes it was these particular lines) too bad i can't confirm because i erased on my save and can't test it anymore. May be some of my friends still have a save around that part i will ask them.

Thanks for all this. Cheers !

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9584 on: 2020-05-21 13:03:58 »
Can custom models be used straight from reunion? Say if i delete all the models from the mod folder just to use the ones that were installed in my default reunion folder before (i'd especially want them to use for 60 fps battles), will there be no issues?

also, is there any incompatibilities or bugs involved with reunion? I have installed mods with models, fields and world map textures, as well as battle textures too, will those be conflicting with New Threat?

I have a general idea which folders to delete, but then, if doesn't cause any issues, which folders i'd have to delete in order to have field and battle models looking the same as they did in Reunion, without New Threat installed?

There should be a R06 version for this mod on the front of this thread. You can drop in your battle models, etc. and overwrite without issue as far as I know.

Heya, another Reunion related question. When using the Reunion version, are the vanilla parts of the story script yours or DLPBs? I imagine probably yours but I wanted to check and make sure.

The Reunion version of NT is all NT text, the Beacause part isn't compatible with NT.

Yeah we all took the basic NT option through Qhimm "gameplay Catalog" mod. I desactivated this one to activate only the new one provided by your links.

and i can confirm already Yuffie's dodge is working quite well now.

As for the cave dialog (yes it was these particular lines) too bad i can't confirm because i erased on my save and can't test it anymore. May be some of my friends still have a save around that part i will ask them.

Thanks for all this. Cheers !

No worries.

Agravaile

• View Profile
« Reply #9585 on: 2020-05-21 17:17:59 »
So, in short, basically NT's R06 version models (field and battle) are not important and can be replaced/deleted without fear of wrecking anything, correct?

I ask that because, for example, say if there's some new models added that could be important for the story or for battles that will just ruin the scene if the default ones are used. But basically, what i am trying to do, is to have none of models NT has, because my field and battles models are already moded, which i want to use effectively with NT.

Sorry if the question seems a bit obvious, just want to make sure everything works :D

Edit: Basically, what i did is take all the models from NT in Direct folder, and merge them with (Model_overhaul) base models of Reunion without replacing them so it would have also the files that were only present in NT, and afterwards deleting them from Direct folder, so NT would be accessing them from Reunion files, not it's own. I'll see if it works this way so i can have Kaldarasha's models working with NT this way, hopefully.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-21 17:45:54 by Agravaile »

Gotmilk751

• View Profile
« Reply #9586 on: 2020-05-21 20:14:51 »
The Reunion version of NT is all NT text, the Beacause part isn't compatible with NT.

Ok great, thanks for the clarification. Judging from earlier posts I'll probably wait until 2.0 comes out to give this a try, but I'm excited for it!

thunderbreak

• View Profile
« Reply #9587 on: 2020-05-21 21:18:20 »
Can you please remove any script that removes materia and equipment from temporary member lost? Last time I lost half my materias in the Dark Cave due to capacity cap, this time I lost most my materia in Northern Crater after the split. It's really frustrating to lose hours of progress and grinding like this. I believe in the beginning there was a part that materias and accessories are forced to be taken off too, but I wasn't at the cap so I didn't lose anything. Still kind of annoy to go back and reslot everything when the member is only missing for like 10 mins.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9588 on: 2020-05-21 22:50:06 »
So, in short, basically NT's R06 version models (field and battle) are not important and can be replaced/deleted without fear of wrecking anything, correct?

I ask that because, for example, say if there's some new models added that could be important for the story or for battles that will just ruin the scene if the default ones are used. But basically, what i am trying to do, is to have none of models NT has, because my field and battles models are already moded, which i want to use effectively with NT.

Sorry if the question seems a bit obvious, just want to make sure everything works :D

Edit: Basically, what i did is take all the models from NT in Direct folder, and merge them with (Model_overhaul) base models of Reunion without replacing them so it would have also the files that were only present in NT, and afterwards deleting them from Direct folder, so NT would be accessing them from Reunion files, not it's own. I'll see if it works this way so i can have Kaldarasha's models working with NT this way, hopefully.

NT adds new enemy models past the default ones (SN and onwards to XC or so). Some new field models were added but far fewer. Anything that was default can be replaced. The approach you've used should be fine.

Ok great, thanks for the clarification. Judging from earlier posts I'll probably wait until 2.0 comes out to give this a try, but I'm excited for it!

Cool, it won't be long.

Can you please remove any script that removes materia and equipment from temporary member lost? Last time I lost half my materias in the Dark Cave due to capacity cap, this time I lost most my materia in Northern Crater after the split. It's really frustrating to lose hours of progress and grinding like this. I believe in the beginning there was a part that materias and accessories are forced to be taken off too, but I wasn't at the cap so I didn't lose anything. Still kind of annoy to go back and reslot everything when the member is only missing for like 10 mins.

I'll do that tonight.

Installer
https://mega.nz/file/Sxk12SxQ#NLHCCDh5R5zLzCiM7P3mKRQQNh_6Y3UN63Dl387sbDk

IRO
Edit: https://mega.nz/file/3okB1ILL#0-M3qeKPnH6_BqH7prdgVs77t7dLvtveWwLgdawvnVA
« Last Edit: 2020-05-21 23:52:04 by Sega Chief »

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #9589 on: 2020-05-22 03:08:05 »
So I'm at the temple of the ancients, and the buttons/commands aren't showing up for the clock room! I don't know if its this mod or the EUSI (or whatever it's called), but could ya take a look?

Exlo

• View Profile
« Reply #9590 on: 2020-05-22 03:53:59 »
First of all thanks so much for what you're doing here. Just blasted through the original game (after being tantalized by the remake) and soon after discovered these forums and what looks like a ridiculous amount of work put in by this community. I've been playing your mod over Reunion and have been loving all the changes.

I've only had a couple of issues, and it seems related to the EXE. Hi-potions only restore 500 from the menu (but not regular potions??) and the Limit breaks seem to be vanilla. Maybe I'm being silly here but do I need to run your patcher as well as dropping the files into Reunion's custom folder? Or are the EXE changes not going to be available to me on Reunion (if I'm not mistaken Reunion patches the EXE as well?).

Still new to all this, so my apologies if I'm missing something obvious here. (:

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9591 on: 2020-05-22 03:59:08 »
So I'm at the temple of the ancients, and the buttons/commands aren't showing up for the clock room! I don't know if its this mod or the EUSI (or whatever it's called), but could ya take a look?

Think I've got it, just tested it so will up the patch.

First of all thanks so much for what you're doing here. Just blasted through the original game (after being tantalized by the remake) and soon after discovered these forums and what looks like a ridiculous amount of work put in by this community. I've been playing your mod over Reunion and have been loving all the changes.

I've only had a couple of issues, and it seems related to the EXE. Hi-potions only restore 500 from the menu (but not regular potions??) and the Limit breaks seem to be vanilla. Maybe I'm being silly here but do I need to run your patcher as well as dropping the files into Reunion's custom folder? Or are the EXE changes not going to be available to me on Reunion (if I'm not mistaken Reunion patches the EXE as well?).

Still new to all this, so my apologies if I'm missing something obvious here. (:

No, it'll just be some lines missing from the hext file. I think I noticed that hi-potion was missing from the 2.0 Reunion hext a while back, I guess it must be missing from the 1.5 Reunion hext as well. I'll check it over and add stuff if it's missing.

Edit: R06 updated and the Installer/IRO updated with adjustment for the Temple of the Ancients text boxes in clock room.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-22 04:37:11 by Sega Chief »

KaosuReido

• View Profile
« Reply #9592 on: 2020-05-22 08:01:47 »
Hey, is MP Absorb anywhere in New Threat 1.5, and if so, where? The documentation lists it as still existing, without a location, though that could be outdated. I haven't seen it yet and I'm at the Submarine minigame, and a friend of mine who's in the end-game hasn't seen it either. Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-22 08:03:32 by KaosuReido »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9593 on: 2020-05-22 13:15:50 »
Hey, is MP Absorb anywhere in New Threat 1.5, and if so, where? The documentation lists it as still existing, without a location, though that could be outdated. I haven't seen it yet and I'm at the Submarine minigame, and a friend of mine who's in the end-game hasn't seen it either. Thanks.

It's in the cat house of Wutai, the building that's next to Yuffie's House. At the back is a stair-well you can climb by hitting confirm once the Wutai sidequest is done. If it isn't done, then a cat sits in front of it to obstruct it.

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #9594 on: 2020-05-22 16:22:26 »
Hi Sega! One suggest ,for the  optional end bosses, what do you think about put  some custom music in that battles
Spoiler: show
Like Zack, or Shinryu and Omega,  in the same way that Ozma
. Now that you start to put specific things in .IRO version  ...why stop now ?? xD

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #9595 on: 2020-05-22 20:42:17 »
Sega - for the 7H IRO subscription link - it shows a 2013 release date once it installs. Therefore, I can't tell if it knows when there's an update available.

adiostorito

• View Profile
« Reply #9596 on: 2020-05-22 20:55:03 »
Hi, just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work. I was playing through the vanilla version of the mod, and when doing the elevator fight in Shinra Headquarters, the arena was where you would fight Proud Clod and instead of Hundred Gunner, the fight went straight to Heli Gunner instead.
Following that, the game played normally up until the end of the motorcycle minigame and crashes upon trying to start the boss fight.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9597 on: 2020-05-22 23:10:06 »
Hi Sega! One suggest ,for the  optional end bosses, what do you think about put  some custom music in that battles
Like Zack, or Shinryu and Omega,  in the same way that Ozma
. Now that you start to put specific things in .IRO version  ...why stop now ?? xD

Could do, I guess. I'd target the battle themes they currently use though for the swap to avoid the 'comical.ogg' issue.

Sega - for the 7H IRO subscription link - it shows a 2013 release date once it installs. Therefore, I can't tell if it knows when there's an update available.

When I set it up, I thought release date was when the mod was originally made. I'll change it to the current date so that it reports an update is available from now on.

Hi, just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work. I was playing through the vanilla version of the mod, and when doing the elevator fight in Shinra Headquarters, the arena was where you would fight Proud Clod and instead of Hundred Gunner, the fight went straight to Heli Gunner instead.
Following that, the game played normally up until the end of the motorcycle minigame and crashes upon trying to start the boss fight.

It sounds like the vanilla version is running on Arrange Mode for some reason. Are you using the IRO from the Qhimm Gameplay catalog or my catalog? Or is it the installer?

adiostorito

• View Profile
« Reply #9598 on: 2020-05-23 00:40:08 »
It sounds like the vanilla version is running on Arrange Mode for some reason. Are you using the IRO from the Qhimm Gameplay catalog or my catalog? Or is it the installer?

I believe it's the one from your catalog, it's the one the front page of this thread that got updated after Barachiel's post. I played through the regular version of the mod on normal difficulty before starting this one, and while the combat is  the same as original FF7, it does have New Threat scripts on the save points.

Cybj

• View Profile
« Reply #9599 on: 2020-05-23 13:00:00 »
As a hardcore FF7 fan, let me start by saying that I love this. I pretty much know the location of every single item (steal/morph included) by heart, but after FF7 Remake I wanted to replay the original. New threat gives me a new way to look at the game, and I thank you. And yes, I realise that thanks doesn't buy dinner, so you'll have some donations coming to back it up.

Some minor bugs to report:
- Game softlocks after looking at the TV in the Shinra bldg shop on the 2nd floor
- Game softlocks after finishing a chocobo battle when the chocobo escapes

I was a bit dismayed that you took away the weapon steal from Eligor, but I'll learn to live with it  :-P