Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3027094 times)

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
Did anyone get any crashes at the Speed Square before?  Because this will be why.

yup, i learned to make sure i save right before attempting to get through the speed square (if i made it through once, going through a second time without restarting the game was a definite crash), i figured it was the texture/memory issue that everyone is/was having

and kudos on fixing the gun effects, that was killing 60fps battles for me
« Last Edit: 2020-04-04 02:15:16 by Orichalcon »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Yeah i think i remember you saying.

Well, logging may actually be the reason people keep crashing randomly too.  Never would have believed it.  Ironically, I added more logging to locate the problem.

Who logs the log?

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Haha love Ren and Stimpy.

Mine is

It's Log! Log! It's big. It's heavy.  It's wood.
Log! Log! It crashes your game for good!

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
the only thing that wasnt working on my controller (selecting a letter/number on the character naming screen) has now been fixed

when naming a character/chocobo, no button on the controller worked to actually select the letters, so i had to reach down and hit the numpad enter... not a big deal unless you are in the process of breeding max stat chocobos (which i am)

so now i dont even have to put the controller down - niiiiiiiiiice
« Last Edit: 2020-04-04 16:48:43 by Orichalcon »

Agravaile

• View Profile
There seems to be an issue with Nibelheim which crashed the game entirely no matter when and how. The second time you return there in present, you enter from the world map and the game just freezes at black screen with music playing, nothing happens and then the game stops working. Tried it about 5 times in a row, and the result is always the same.

I've had my R06c w hotfix11 included backup folder, just copied the save file there, and it works correctly with no issues at all, this is 100% an R06d problem which makes the game unplayable.

Do note: that in both ocasions, i have ArtTsuki fields, battles and world map textures installed, but i guess i doesn't matter much since in R06d it crashes, when in R06c it does not.

Also, both Options.ini in both versions are identically the same, but with only one change in R06d, which is the audio.log disabled. I can provide some files then if needed, but... um, not sure how to attach files here, but, if they're required, i can try to do something about it. Maybe other people can also check if they have this issue or not, but, again, i've no issue getting into Nibelheim on R06c Hotfix11.

Edit: Okay, now, trying it again, i've noticed the message that pops up:

Hey, fool...
I thought i told you there was no gettin' offa this train we're on!?
Please provide your save file, App.log, Reunion.log, and Crash.dmp when
reporting this error to DLPB.

Guess i'll have to learn attaching files now... :D
« Last Edit: 2020-04-04 23:12:02 by Agravaile »

Agravaile

• View Profile
Okay, i guess i can use Mediafire to provide everything needed. Again, sorry bout all that, i'm kinda newbie here.
So... The save point will be located in File 5, and Save 1. That's where i'm exactly in front of Nibelheim in the world map.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/g307xathn1mz13p/The_Reunion_R06d_-_Nibelheim_Crash.rar/file

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
if you're using Cid it's already noted in database

Agravaile

• View Profile
No, if you mean that if Cid is in my party, then no, he's not.

Edit: Just checked the database, and it's not about him being visible or not in Nibelheim, it's about the game crashing completely on me, whenever i enter it after Cosmo Canyon.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-05 01:04:24 by Agravaile »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
it will sometimes crash if he's in party too.  I'll check your crash dmp soon.  tbh it might crash regardless and be same issue.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
File 5, and Save 1

There is no world map to Niblheim in that. 

What you meant was

Save 05, File 1. Look at the name of the save file too.  It's not called "File". Also, please only upload one save file in future.  It's taken me 3 minutes to find your game.

The game doesn't crash with R06e, so this is related to the bug.  I'll try and get R06e out today given the issue.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-05 02:22:48 by DLPB »

Agravaile

• View Profile
Oh, okay, my mistake. Really sorry about that, will be considered for future issues. I've mistook Save and File, yeah.

Okay, thanks a lot! Glad i could be of some help and looking forward to R06e.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-05 02:55:42 by Agravaile »

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
need a lengthier test, but the game is almost certainly quite a bit more stable due to the audio log fix or ro6d

did speed square like 5 times, did about 20 chocobo races, fought numerous battles all while changing the game speed very frequently without an issue

before i couldnt get through speed square once without a fresh restart right before, also changing speeds while fighting multiple battles like i did today usually would crash the game pretty quick... will test more tomorrow

when i do finally get my first screen change/end of battle crash i'll be sure to do a proper report if no one else has, actually haven't gotten one at all yet
« Last Edit: 2020-04-05 04:29:18 by Orichalcon »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I have a feeling that the log issue is what caused it all.  And I still need to do the same for The_Reunion.log.

Agravaile

• View Profile
I've also played trough Speed Square a few times yesterday, happened to be around Gold Saucer on my playthrough, so figured i could get myself the Umbrella weapon for Aerith. No crashes at all, got the weapon in 3rd attempt in a row.

Also been using speedups, not in battles, though. Playing like 3-4 hours straight, no crashes at all, not in field, nor in battles. Only that Nibelheim issue which makes the game unplayable. Other than that, the game worked flawlessly to me.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
The log issue is even more suspect than you'd think since it wrecked the Heap and caused memory issues that would manifest in exactly what we saw...  crashes with no route to trace actual reason.  And after battle is where you'd see crashes... and on new screens - as memory changes a lot and there would have been logging in between.

usb

• View Profile
at the end of the disk 1 (or part) if you go to the save menu the submenu "save" box reappears. Is it right?

screen

thebrokepope

• View Profile
Hello, thank you for your hard work! I have a question about an audio difference between the PSX version. In the opening FMV it sounds like there is a difference in audio when the melody comes in as Aerith stands up. I am using this video for comparison against my copy on steam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD_GqlNtNjo&t=63s. At 0:55 you can hear the first 3 notes of the melody. The third has a cool pitch effect which doesn't seem to be present on PC, the PC version is also duplicating the notes/creating a kind of stutter sound. I see in one entry in the database you still have to implement a pitch changer which might explain why that third note has the effect missing. Just wondered if this was something you were aware of/any way to fix?

Link to logs:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Y2gtkXzGyxtV7zGv2RNypKxttCWHaF_B

Kuraudo.

• SOLDIER
  • Maktub
    • View Profile
    • Behemoth Productions
Number 1

1. 60fps mode 1, after Aerith launchs Bio magic, no damage was shown (Boss after meeting Priscilla)
2. No, but randomly in other battles.
3,4,5,6. The only files available after clicking ALT+F4: Attached

Number 2

1. The Status Water Sphere inflicted from the Boss stay longer (see Cloud in below link)
- NOT REUNION
https://imgur.com/SmIzyWI

Number 3

Many times the character can move around while dialogue box is still ON, on this I'm investigating with PSX version
- NOT REUNION
« Last Edit: 2020-04-05 17:13:57 by Kuraudo. »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
As usual Kuraudo, please verify these issues don't exist on default game before posting.  Also, please supply the full template.  I'm aware of the imprisoned issue. It's not reunion related.

@usb - looks like I missed a box.  The game stupidly uses multiple tables for the same box. Thanks for report.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-05 11:36:22 by DLPB »

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
Sorry for bringing up the grammar stuff again when you are at a new release, but better now before I forget.

There is a lot of unnecessary capitalization regarding chocobos, I feel like.  'Good Chocobo', 'Great Chocobo', and 'Wonderful Chocobo' for sure should all lose the capital letters.

'River Chocobo' and 'Mountain Chocobo' are debatable, since you could say that is the official name of those types of chocobos, but that's a stretch.  A river chocobo is just a chocobo that can cross rivers, its not a new species of chocobo bearing that name.

We don't say 'White Tiger', its just white tiger.  We don't say "Albino Alligator", just albino alligator.

I would actually make the same argument for all the references of 'Huge Materia' in the game, is that the official name of it? Or does everyone call it that because it is materia that is huge?

In the latter case, it should be 'huge materia'.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-05 17:09:04 by Orichalcon »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
It's not unnecessary.  It's grammatically correct as this is a game and those are titles.  But again - you said it yourself, stop raising grammar issues.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Hello, thank you for your hard work! I have a question about an audio difference between the PSX version. In the opening FMV it sounds like there is a difference in audio when the melody comes in as Aerith stands up. I am using this video for comparison against my copy on steam: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD_GqlNtNjo&t=63s. At 0:55 you can hear the first 3 notes of the melody. The third has a cool pitch effect which doesn't seem to be present on PC, the PC version is also duplicating the notes/creating a kind of stutter sound. I see in one entry in the database you still have to implement a pitch changer which might explain why that third note has the effect missing. Just wondered if this was something you were aware of/any way to fix?

Link to logs:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Y2gtkXzGyxtV7zGv2RNypKxttCWHaF_B

This isn't a reunion issue. The default game's FMV uses substandard audio.  Try to verify if the issue is present only in The Reunion before posting here.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-05 20:14:16 by DLPB »

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
But again - you said it yourself, stop raising grammar issues.

i never said that

'Good Chocobo', 'Great Chocobo', and 'Wonderful Chocobo' are not titles and are incorrect any way you slice it (if it were 'Choco the Great' it would be a different story), the others are debatable (in which your opinion is wrong  :P)

but have it your way - no more beacause issues will be raised here

Edit: most points taken, I'll send you a DM when I'm done with the game with any beacause comments I want to make instead of posting things here one at a time

its not my intent to nag or bug, don't even expect any action at all, just figured you were using this thread as a catalogue rather than actually addressing each post in real time... stop taking things so personal

the reason i brought this up in the first place is because when you talk to chole and get the notes it actually gets a bit ridiculous IMO, "Breed the Good Chocobo with Great Chocobo with the Carob Nut and you get Mountain Chocobo and River Chocobo, breed those two and you get a Mountain and River Chocobo in the Backyard with the Shovel and the Huge Materia"
« Last Edit: 2020-04-05 20:41:36 by Orichalcon »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
They are titles in a gaming sense.  Games don't conform the the same rules that books do. Not to mention I can make things titles if I want to do.  I can make them proper nouns.  Huge Materia is definitely a title in Japanese - it's deliberately in English to differentiate. I brought this up 3 years ago with Covarr and we debated it at length.  I didn't choose to do it without thinking about it.  Have you seen how other games do things like this?  It's extremely common.  A "river chocobo" and "ocean chocobo" don't even look right if not capitalized, as they are clearly intended to be specific names.  It's not "a chocobo that crosses a river" It's a title.

The reason I ask you not to bring up grammar issues is this simple:

1.  Ones like above have been debated and are final.
2. There are thousands of smaller mistakes that are not getting fixed until R07.
3. Grammar issues exist in every professionally released work. They are unavoidable.  Bugging me endlessly on this thread about them or other preferences just pisses me off and takes my time away from addressing larger issues. 

I've asked kindly repeatedly that this not be done.  I'm going to start completely ignoring posts that do so once I've updated the main post.

In actual professional translations, you do not have a direct dial to the localizer to raise every comma with them.  It should be no different here.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-05 20:30:19 by DLPB »