Author Topic: Do i need to download all of the mods in the bootleg pack torrent?  (Read 13632 times)

zherot

• View Profile
Hello everyone im going to give this a try, i read the guide already but still have some doubts on my head:

-Do i need to download all of the mods in the bootleg pack? (its 17 gb this is why im asking) or with the bootleg config it will download only the ones i choose from the config??

-i dont understand the step of the "Game convetter" thing, wich you need to rename a hard drive usb or mount an ISO, what is this for? i really dont understand this step at all.

I will appreciate any help, this looks amazing.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
you only need to download the mods you want
you have to manually disable all the stuff you dont need in the torrent though
as far as I know bootleg itself can't download anything for you

and you need to mount the ISO because the game won't start if you don't have the game disc mounted

people with pirated copies should throw themselves out the window

zherot

• View Profile
you only need to download the mods you want
you have to manually disable all the stuff you dont need in the torrent though
as far as I know bootleg itself can't download anything for you

and you need to mount the ISO because the game won't start if you don't have the game disc mounted

people with pirated copies should throw themselves out the window

-So then, what is the function of the bootlegconfig?

-So i will need to download the torrent then disable the things i dont need?, is there a place where all the mods are put in a list and you choose them instead of doing that?

-About the ISO i still dont uderstand the purpose about that step, i mean the step that involves this:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14047.0

zherot

• View Profile
I am following the steps but i STILL DONT UDERSTAND the point of the converter thing i just followd the steps and mont the blank ISO like it is said, then run the converter and got to a point where it asked me about the MOVIES directory... i was like WTF i am suppoused to do now, really this is very not user friendly... then just pressed start and apparently it just made a default movie folder but then it started to prompt that HE DIDNT FIND SOME FILES... so now i am like... WTF just happened???, This is really so confusing that its driving me crazy, how difficult its to make a proper guide with proper steps on things like this.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Are you following EQ2Alyza's Bootleg guide?

zherot

• View Profile
Are you following EQ2Alyza's Bootleg guide?

Yes, this one:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13212.0

I really need the help i dont understand that speciffic step that involves the converter, the blank ISO, and the movies thing i posted before.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Just renamed your C: drive to "FF7DISC1" (with the caps). The movies folder should be set automatically by Bootleg upon installing.

zherot

• View Profile
Just renamed your C: drive to "FF7DISC1" (with the caps). The movies folder should be set automatically by Bootleg upon installing.

That step is still really confusing, do you need to run the converter or not?, some guy say in my other post that it is part of the bootleg already, and other say that if you have the old version of the game you can skip it since it only converts the newest verions to the old one...

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
That step is still really confusing, do you need to run the converter or not?, some guy say in my other post that it is part of the bootleg already, and other say that if you have the old version of the game you can skip it since it only converts the newest verions to the old one...

Let me explain this.

In order to use many of the mods around here converting the game to the 1998 version is MANDATORY.  A lot of the mods here, including my upcoming "The Reunion" will largely support only the old version.  The difference between the old game and new is small (it will be MUCH smaller when Aali releases his new driver which supports ogg music). 

So there you have it.  If you want to use mods around here you have no choice but to convert.  The disc trick above is only to STOP NEEDING A CD.  You can mount your image on your drive and FOOL THE GAME into believing the CD is there. 

You will need to do BOTH of the above.

zherot

• View Profile
Let me explain this.

In order to use many of the mods around here converting the game to the 1998 version is MANDATORY.  A lot of the mods here, including my upcoming "The Reunion" will largely support only the old version.  The difference between the old game and new is small (it will be MUCH smaller when Aali releases his new driver which supports ogg music). 

So there you have it.  If you want to use mods around here you have no choice but to convert.  The disc trick above is only to STOP NEEDING A CD.  You can mount your image on your drive and FOOL THE GAME into believing the CD is there. 

You will need to do BOTH of the above.

Can you explain those steps, because i have the converter and did the blank ISO step, now, do i need to run the converter? if so, you can re read one of my post where the converter ask me about my movies folder then i just pressed enter and a bunch of messages about a missing file appeared.

The guide is pretty bad in that aspect because it says:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1: Read, download, and run the latest version of FF7 Game Converter.

FILE                 AUTHOR              DESCRIPTION                  INFO             
           FF7_GameConverter_0.9b.exe       Kompass63         Compatibility Tool           Qhimm FILE

Before running it:
Rename a Hard Drive to FF7DISC1.
OR
Rename a USB Flash Drive to FF7DISC1.
OR
Mount this blank ISO: DOWNLOAD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It says download it, then "before you RUN IT" so i understand that i need to run that program but there is not a single guide on how to do so and what are you going to get running that, just nothing and the guide continues as if you were a seer or something and you could know what to do just for the sake of it.

This is were i dont understand what to do before continue with the next steps, and the guy who did that guide really needs to change that its a pretty bad design of a tutorial in there.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I think you seriously need to consider learning more about the whole process before asking questions here.  You seem to be trying to learn quantum physics before learning numbers.  ALl the information is here on this forum.  Someone else might have time to go through it with you.

And if the guide is bad then send him some pointers on why, and how to improve it.

zherot

• View Profile
I think you seriously need to consider learning more about the whole process before asking questions here.  You seem to be trying to learn quantum physics before learning numbers.  ALl the information is here on this forum.  Someone else might have time to go through it with you.

And if the guide is bad then send him some pointers on why, and how to improve it.

Im really, really very amazed, its the first time this happens to me i cant even understand if i am just not explaining myself correctly (which i did a lot of times right now), or people sorry are just very... how can i say this so i dont offend annyone?... i guess i cant say nothing at all i will leave that to insert whatever you want since you are going to feel offended anyways.

The only guy who seems to understand what i mean is the lion one with the red x picture on his profile, the others really seem that are playing dums on PURPOSE, i really cant believe people cant understand what i am asking for.

There is a lot of anger/hate/frustration towards me asking a simple plain question:

What im i supposed to do on this particular step:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1: Read, download, and run the latest version of FF7 Game Converter.

FILE                 AUTHOR              DESCRIPTION                  INFO             
           FF7_GameConverter_0.9b.exe       Kompass63         Compatibility Tool           Qhimm FILE

Before running it:
Rename a Hard Drive to FF7DISC1.
OR
Rename a USB Flash Drive to FF7DISC1.
OR
Mount this blank ISO: DOWNLOAD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im not asking anything else, JUST what do i do there when i download the converter and have the BLANK ISO mounted, what next?...

do i run the converter? yes?, what steps i need to do when im running it (in that particular program)

When im saying this is bad designed i mean it, its like you are making a guide on how to install an operative system and say to the user:

"Unbox the cd instalation of your operative system and insert it in your tray, then proceed to install"

and then i put the next:

"Now you have your operative system instaled, enjoy it"...

Do you understand what i mean?, i did not say to the user how to do it, just to do it, but that is not a guide nor a tutorial, and if its suppoused to be then its bad designed.

I really dont whant to fight and im beign very clear about what i am asking but i really dont get why is so much trouble to you people to tell me what to do without rants, without accusing me of anything, without going to other topics that dont consern my particular question, please, its not that hard.
« Last Edit: 2013-11-06 16:51:39 by zherot »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
No one is playing dumb on purpose, but you are the only person for a long time that has had such an issue with this.  I'll let the people who made bootleg explain it.

zherot

• View Profile
No one is playing dumb on purpose, but you are the only person for a long time that has had such an issue with this.  I'll let the people who made bootleg explain it.

Why cant you just tell me how you did it? (only that particular step), really plz why is everyone avoiding the question.

Just think about it, why did you ever posted if you didnt going to post anything usefull in the end?, does that makes sense to you?
« Last Edit: 2013-11-06 18:44:37 by zherot »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I did post something helpful.  I explained you need a good background knowledge of how things work before you tackle this issue.  I wasn't being sarcastic, I was being serious.  When I first came here I didn't know much but a lot of it was learned by reading about first. Most people have no issue like this.  I can't help you because I don't use it, and I am busy. 

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
I would help you as I did in your other thread, but I don't use it either.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
@ zherot

Which version of the game do you have and where is it installed?

zherot

• View Profile
I have normal version the old one i think? dont know if thats usefull, so that particular step changes depending on the version?, that is not explained in there either (not triyong to be an ass, just pointing that out).

I recently finished the 17 gb download wow, its huge... i hope its worht it, im going to reinstall since i hit the run bootleg button when i was checking the config tool and i had 0 mods downloaded, so i guess that will fuck up everything, it was only a milisecond though but still, better safe than sorry.
« Last Edit: 2013-11-06 23:56:55 by zherot »

Mendelevium

• View Profile
You mount the blank iso with either daemon tools (or other software that allows you to mount iso file types), or with the bootleg itself, I think it has its own mounting bit.  You could also insert a usb flash drive and rename that to "FF7DISC1" or rename your whole C:/ drive or the hard drive you are running FF7 PC from to "FF7DISC1". This part is done to tell your computer that a FF7 'cd' is inserted.. Because the original 1998 version required a CD to be in the drive to work. The newer, digital copies do not require it. It's a sort of work around :).

Then the instructions clearly state 'before running it' so once you have the above steps done, then yes, run the game converter.

And there are instructions prior to the 'step 1' mark that explain what the different version mean and do. I know it is an overwhelming amount of text and high complex to someone new, but the guide is designed to be as user friendly as possible, and if you take it slow and read every bit of the tutorial, you will surely succeed. :)

Good luck.

If you have the original cd 1998 version, that is the real cd copy, then you do not need to convert your game, I don't think. The converter is merely to make the steam or square enix store version of the game the same as the 1998 cd version, to make it more compatible with the mods released on this site.

Certain mods work without the converter, but nothing that utilizes Aali's drivers. So a lot of great graphical enhancing mods are not available to you without it. That is to say, unless you already have the 1998 CD version with the hard CDs.

More importantly, is your copy a digital copy, the kind you downloaded? (From steam or the Square Enix store.) Or is it a hard CD copy?
« Last Edit: 2013-11-07 01:17:09 by Mendelevium »

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
The converter is merely to make the steam or square enix store version of the game the same as the 1998 cd version, to make it more compatible with the mods released on this site.
I explained this to him in another thread he made, but apparently he must not have read it.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
I have normal version the old one i think?

You mean the original CD copy?

dont know if thats usefull, so that particular step changes depending on the version?

No, it doesn't change depending on the version. Every version should use it. Knowing the version gives me information on how and where the game was installed. Kompass' FF7 Game Converter then fixes any RegistryKey errors associated with the game's installation path and allows bypassing of Bootleg's slightly buggy, built-in converter. It also allows Bootleg to install correctly with UAC even enabled. Although it may not pertain to your copy, it also enables compatibility with Windows XP and Windows 8, 32 and 64 bit.

Rather than answer questions to use it or not because it's bothersome (literally, it is) to checklist these details, FF7 Game Converter is made required to do the checklisting for them and won't ever harm the installation to do so. This is not explained because...

A) ...most users don't read long-winded explanations. More doing, less talking.
B) ...the Qhimm link to its thread explains it already.
C) ...its fixes are catered specifically toward user-friendliness. Otherwise, they would have to troubleshoot and manually edit these things through Q&A responding on a forum...aka not-so-user-friendliness.

, that is not explained in there either (not triyong to be an ass, just pointing that out).

Yes, I know you're not trying to be one...just as I'm trying not to think you're one.

I recently finished the 17 gb download wow, its huge... i hope its worht it, im going to reinstall since i hit the run bootleg button when i was checking the config tool and i had 0 mods downloaded, so i guess that will f*ck up everything, it was only a milisecond though but still, better safe than sorry.

Yes, clicking buttons without reading is why you messed up. My guide didn't do this. Somewhere you asked about a place to download only what you need, rather than downloading it all. There is a place to do that. It's labeled in BIG, BOLD, RED lettering right above the torrent link. I'm not trying to be an ass. I'm just pointing that out.

Can you tell you're not on my good side right now? The RULES clearly state how posting etiquette should be, and although you may have not read it to know, it's still a statement that is universal to us all. You have to understand that it is very difficult to simply answer someone who is labeling double posted threads with "WTF" in them, ranting with CAPS and tough to read spelling/grammar about how we do things wrongly / poorly / WTFly around here. If you're desiring people to get to the point, than you yourself need to get to the point, clearly and concisely. Criticism in that process is not included. Also, it helps to post in the thread for which you're having the issues from, rather than starting your own individual thread. Q&A within the thread it pertains to helps everyone who comes along and decides to search that thread for possible solutions before posting their question(s). Please understand everything I'm saying.

Despite all that has occurred, I'm still going to help you because I'm inclined to be the good person I am...or, at least, I think I am  :|

Do the following to move past the FF7 Game Converter and get to modding the game:

• Uninstall FF7Music (you probably haven't installed this yet, but just in case it shows in Control Panel).
  • Uninstall Final Fantasy VII
  • Clean all FF7 RegistryKeys with this: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ad2ttfhmdqmjd56/FF7-REMOVE-Keys.exe
  • Install Final Fantasy VII to a non-system folder
  • Rename an HDD or USB Flash Drive to FF7DISC1 or Mount the ISO from STEP 1.
  • RUN FF7 Game Converter.
  • Start at STEP 2.

Can you elaborate?, because i cant understand.

Also about the music thing i saw that some guy had the black mages music on the battles.

Is there a mod list or anything so i could check out?

I think the black mages songs are in the Bootleg option for the Soundtrack. You can download all the individual Soundtracks in TIFA'S PACKAGE and then mix-and-match what you like through FF7Music. This requires a little extra knowledge, but if you ask nicely, I will help with it.
« Last Edit: 2013-11-07 06:08:38 by EQ2Alyza »

zherot

• View Profile
The excuses you use to not to do a good explanation in your guide are garbage (I tried to start this nicely but you apparently like to be treated the hard way) , if its not there its bad designed, period, look at my operative system instalation guide example i say before, thats what you did with that step, supposing that the user knows how to use it is a very obvious mistake and a clear design flaw, you cant just make a tutorial suposing that the user knows how to do the procees already because then, what is the point of a guide.

I'm not trying to be an ass. I'm just pointing that out.

I really was trying to be nice but i cant stand sarcastic ... so if you dont want to help i dont need you, since you are the one who did the BAD DESIGNED tutorial in the first place...

I love this part:

Yes, clicking buttons without reading is why you messed up. My guide didn't do this.

Way to change subjet and put the blame on me... you take one sentence and take it out of context and then make a really stupid statement, I DID make that mistake BUT it HAS NOTHING to do with my particular question/problem on this topic, i say this because i was just talking how i finished my download and i accidentaly pressed that button, it was meant to be a funny coment of sort, it HAS NOTHING,  to do with the bad designed steps on the tutorial that made me uninstall the first time everything and make me create these topic, so, no, sorry the blame it still on you and your bad tutorial.

You are a controlling person that needs to be right and needs to be approved/respected by everyone else but you do nothing to deserve that respect, your big horse attitude really gets in your way because that way people will never going to respect you, you cant be told that you make a mistake because you do everything right, you never make mistakes and never accept them, then you know what, you dont learn nothing because making mistakes is the way humanity increases their knowledge, so bye mr perfect, if to have your crumbs of help i need to tolerate all that  then i dont want them. (in fact im already playing the game with the mods i did it without that converter step, and it was a trial/error, and if for some reason i find troubles in the future i will just try again)

I know that i did it wrong when i make some of my topics, i was angry/confused (thanks to your attempt of a tutorial), then i realised it and came back in a different attitude, yeah, i know i made a mistake... WOW, im better than you.

« Last Edit: 2013-11-07 15:19:14 by zherot »

Lionsmane

• View Profile
lol jesus christ dude youre probably not gettin any help after that. Bootleg was made to streamline the modding process for people that didn't have the knowledge to install individual mods on their own. Before she even compiled her tutorial there were plenty of people that figured out how to run it on their own just from reading threads. I was one.

Now she has this awesome tutorial and faq that she compiled herself, for no other reason than to be considerate for people that still couldn't get it or didnt want to try, and you're

stillllll going to berate her, for something you can't figure out? It's not like she is on salary working customer service for this forum or some crap, you need to get it together. I wouldn't be surprised if you get banned now.

And you're not better than her by a long shot because she understood bootleg well enough, and how to collaborate with other human beings in an intelligent, considerate manner, to write a tutorial on it. You can't even figure it out with immense hand holding.  :o
« Last Edit: 2013-11-07 16:42:59 by Lionsmane »

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
This looks like a troll. No one is this absolutely clueless and over reacts on those trying to help. I considered English maybe his second language so it could be a language barrier, but his poor grammar doesn't sound like someone who's still learning English. At this point it sounds like someone being an ass for the sake of being an ass. If you're really this lost than you need to chill out and look at EQ2Alyza directions again, there's nothing else to do.

• Uninstall FF7Music (you probably haven't installed this yet, but just in case it shows in Control Panel).
  • Uninstall Final Fantasy VII
  • Clean all FF7 RegistryKeys with this: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ad2ttfhmdqmjd56/FF7-REMOVE-Keys.exe
  • Install Final Fantasy VII to a non-system folder
  • Rename an HDD or USB Flash Drive to FF7DISC1 or Mount the ISO from STEP 1.
  • RUN FF7 Game Converter.
  • Start at STEP 2.

Otherwise I agree, he should be left to himself now and banishment wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Lionsmane

• View Profile
I would agree with you cmh but I've worked retail at a big electronics place and dealt with similar minded people whose second language was english. This guy kinda reminds me of that. My faith in humanity makes me wish he is a troll though.