Author Topic: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven (v2.2.3.522 Release) Outdated  (Read 390160 times)

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
Re: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven 2.0
« Reply #100 on: 2020-03-04 20:47:06 »
The game I buy from steam.
maybe the  language package is piracy, i dont know

If you had a legitimate copy of the game, then undo whatever modifications (outside of regular mods like in Reunion or via the Direct folder) you've done to it as that could make 7H think it is pirated. Try starting with a clean install.

Flash0429

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2020-03-04 20:47:34 »
Flash:  It's mega giving us the finger for going over the transfer limit.

Ah Ok figures makes sense lol

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #102 on: 2020-03-04 21:07:39 »
Torrent links are now available for the mods in the catalogs! If you're getting slow downloads, try these. Not all mods are available yet, but more will be added soon. Please seed! Get them here: http://7thheaven.rocks/

Flash0429

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2020-03-04 21:15:47 »
Torrent links are now available for the mods in the catalogs! If you're getting slow downloads, try these. Not all mods are available yet, but more will be added soon. Please seed! Get them here: http://7thheaven.rocks/

You are amazing thank you as always

steven

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2020-03-04 23:09:55 »
Please don't post download issues here. This is not a 7H bug. 7H could more gracefully handle the problem, but the problem is from your connection to the server is dropped.

ok, I been having download trouble as 7th haven says I am downloading at about 500KB/s , but it been like that for way to many hours.

Meical

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2020-03-04 23:18:41 »
Is there a way to allow for two mods to be activated even if they have conflicting files?  I'm trying to use New Threat with Field Models and it wont let me since there are, I'm assuming, character re-textures in New Threat.  I remember not having any issue in the previous version.  I've tried switching the ignore restrictions on and off with no difference.

cloud1414

• Anthony Pierce
    • View Profile
    • The Legend Of Twilight
« Reply #106 on: 2020-03-04 23:49:10 »
Is anyone else having issues where 2.0 installs fine but as soon as you try to click play the program crashes and the desktop shortcut is gone and you get an error message when you try to open it back up?

Set connectionId threw an exception.

at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Uri resourceLocator, Boolean bSkipJournaledProperties)
   at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

This is what i'm getting now.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-04 23:51:28 by cloud1414 »

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #107 on: 2020-03-05 01:22:07 »
Is anyone else having issues where 2.0 installs fine but as soon as you try to click play the program crashes and the desktop shortcut is gone and you get an error message when you try to open it back up?

This is what i'm getting now.

It sounds like you might have installed over/to the same folder as your 1.x version. Shouldn't do that. Reset 7H by deleting your \7thWorkshop\ subfolder in your 7H install directory.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #108 on: 2020-03-05 01:23:27 »
Is there a way to allow for two mods to be activated even if they have conflicting files?  I'm trying to use New Threat with Field Models and it wont let me since there are, I'm assuming, character re-textures in New Threat.  I remember not having any issue in the previous version.  I've tried switching the ignore restrictions on and off with no difference.

You can already do that. You'll have to be more specific by "won't let me", which mods you're talking about, and steps to reproduce.

Meical

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2020-03-05 01:37:58 »
You can already do that. You'll have to be more specific by "won't let me", which mods you're talking about, and steps to reproduce.

As stated I am using New Threat and Field Model re-textures.  When I activated any of the field model re-textures, the Game play Mods from the catalog no longer allow me to pick New Threat as an option for Difficulty.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #110 on: 2020-03-05 01:49:16 »

See, from what you originally said I would never have guessed you're using NT from the Qhimm Gameplay mod. I would have assumed the standalone IRO. You should post your profile details when you're talking about mod compatibility and conflicts. But anyway, New Threat has field models that are required for it to function properly otherwise crashes occur. That is why the mod is probably programmed to disable the option. You will see at the bottom of the "Configure Mod" window what is disabled and from what mod/setting the conflict is with. Mod restrictions and compatibility are there so you don't screw up your game or break another mod.

Perfect Zell

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2020-03-05 01:58:27 »
Something I've noticed is that the FMVs, including the originals, have a low contrast. I tried without post processing and with each of the shaders. They still look washed out.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-06 14:25:33 by Perfect Zell »

steven

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2020-03-05 02:32:47 »
I think I need to just download stuff manually. While 7th heaven is great it does need a download manager to help if a blip in the user's internet connection causes problems

entropoid

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2020-03-05 03:25:57 »

I just finished registering this account so I could thank you for the new version -- I'd only just discovered the old version after finally buying FF7 on Steam (yeah, I played it on the PSX, of course) and was struggling with it, but the new one's working great -- AND for the torrents, which allowed me to just now finish my set of mods.  THANK YOU THANK YOU!  (And yes, I am currently seeding... :))

Meical

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2020-03-05 04:23:12 »
See, from what you originally said I would never have guessed you're using NT from the Qhimm Gameplay mod. I would have assumed the standalone IRO. You should post your profile details when you're talking about mod compatibility and conflicts. But anyway, New Threat has field models that are required for it to function properly otherwise crashes occur. That is why the mod is probably programmed to disable the option. You will see at the bottom of the "Configure Mod" window what is disabled and from what mod/setting the conflict is with. Mod restrictions and compatibility are there so you don't screw up your game or break another mod.

So is there no way to run the two together, or can that option be turned off?

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #115 on: 2020-03-05 05:55:40 »
I think I need to just download stuff manually. While 7th heaven is great it does need a download manager to help if a blip in the user's internet connection causes problems

If you're having download problems while using the catalog, then download the mods via the torrents. http://7thheaven.rocks

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #116 on: 2020-03-05 05:56:54 »
So is there no way to run the two together, or can that option be turned off?

Turn off the mod compatibility restrictions in your General Settings. But it is HIGHLY not recommended and stuff will break.

OkayLobster

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2020-03-05 08:01:38 »
I' sorry if this is the wrong place to ask. But is it possible to get the Reunion Mod's translation to work with 7th Heaven 2.0?

Ahablur

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2020-03-05 09:23:20 »
Hello!

Just signed up to say thank you for this!

I need to ask a very important question:

Five years ago I read an article about the re-translation of Final Fantasy VII. Since then, I was thinking of replaying the game very often, but waiting until the mod scene for the game got to a less complex state to install and configure it (2.0 is exactly what I wanted!). I was really hoping to use this retranslation mod in my first replay of the game since I was a kid.

After a few hours of lurking around on the Qhimm forum, I'm still very confused how I can use the Beacause mod with 7th Heaven 2.0 (if at all?). It looks like it eventually got baked into a Menu Overhaul mod, which also seems like it then later got baked into a mod called "The Reunion", which explicitly gets disabled when you launch the game from 7th Heaven 2.0 (probably for good reason, didn't come here to ask how to stop it from disabling it).

That said...
Is there anyway to install the Beacause mod with 7th Heaven 2.0?
Has anyone made a ".iro" file of the Beacause mod (or the combination of the Menu Overhaul mod & Beacause mod)?

Is there potentially an older version of 7th Heaven that plays nicely with The Reunion so that I can play the game with the retranslation?

Thanks again.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #119 on: 2020-03-05 11:06:36 »
I will not answer anymore Reunion questions other than this post here. It has been said over and over by DLPB and myself (and many others) that Reunion and 7th Heaven don't mix. It is stated in the Help in the FAQ/Troubleshooting section as well. Old versions of Reunion may work but you have to do your own digging and support for that.

Meical

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2020-03-05 14:53:06 »
Turn off the mod compatibility restrictions in your General Settings. But it is HIGHLY not recommended and stuff will break.

Thanks, that worked that time. Not sure why switching didn't work before.  This time I switched the setting then reloaded 7th Heaven and it worked.  Also, thanks for the words of caution.  While I haven't gotten all the way through the game, I know that the Midgar section and up to getting on the boat to the next continent at least has no issues using field model re-textures and New Threat.  I did notice an incompatibility between the Jessie Mod and New Threat in the previous version of 7th Heaven, I was wondering if that was fixed for the new downloads.  I know SegaChief has a compatible version of the Jessie Mod, just wasn't sure if it was the one in the downloads.  And if I haven't already said, you guys are doing amazing work here.  My love for mod developers continues to grow stronger; especially as more AAA developers continue to let down their fans year after year.

Flash0429

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2020-03-05 14:56:11 »
is there any way to get the game to recognize the D-Pad on the controller or can it only read the Sticks?

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #122 on: 2020-03-05 16:14:13 »
I did notice an incompatibility between the Jessie Mod and New Threat in the previous version of 7th Heaven, I was wondering if that was fixed for the new downloads.  I know SegaChief has a compatible version of the Jessie Mod, just wasn't sure if it was the one in the downloads.
The fix is included in the mods released for 7H 2.0.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #123 on: 2020-03-05 16:52:16 »
is there any way to get the game to recognize the D-Pad on the controller or can it only read the Sticks?

The game? No. The game has limited controller support and can't read the d-pad or LT/RT (only LB/RB). In 7H, in my presets I mapped the triggers to the stick presses as a workaround.

Can you trick it to use the d-pad? Yes. Use a 3rd party keyboard/controller mapping tool such as AntiMicro https://github.com/AntiMicro/antimicro.

Flash0429

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2020-03-05 17:30:49 »
The game? No. The game has limited controller support and can't read the d-pad or LT/RT (only LB/RB). In 7H, in my presets I mapped the triggers to the stick presses as a workaround.

Can you trick it to use the d-pad? Yes. Use a 3rd party keyboard/controller mapping tool such as AntiMicro https://github.com/AntiMicro/antimicro.

Awesome that worked perfectly just mapped the D-pad to the numpad on keyboard  Thanks for the info really appreciate it