Author Topic: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven (v2.2.3.522 Release) Outdated  (Read 390164 times)

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven 2.0
« Reply #150 on: 2020-03-07 08:55:54 »
You can test xinput plus. But I have to test it with the new 2.0 version myself.

Notorious

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2020-03-07 10:44:37 »
Amazing, thanks so much

Dohko

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2020-03-07 12:40:13 »
Hello,

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone involved in the project. I still can't believe how accessible and user friendly everything is.

The amount of work to make this a reality must have been insane.

Flash0429

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2020-03-07 15:39:21 »
I really appreciate the effort here. I ran and installed antimicro and then went into the game and tried to customize my controls after mapping them with antimicro and the game just does not respond to inputs from the controller. I guess If anyone knows a way to play 7th heaven 2.0 with a DS4 by any means I would be very grateful for any help.

just so i understand this right its a PS3 controller that you are trying to get to work correct? just trying to verify so i can test

gunner_1207

• If your upright an above ground,its a gd day
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2020-03-07 15:39:56 »
absolutely remarkable work, for a simple man like me this is just perfect. the old version although brilliant in its own right, Was just too much , this tho….well done my cap is doffed lol :) ;D

BlueWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2020-03-07 15:58:09 »
I don't have a ds4 controller so I can only relay to you what I hear from everyone else. The controllers do work fine, but if you choose to use them, you have quite a bit of setup to do.
  • Install and set up DS4Windows. Looks like this allows your DS4 to be emulated like an Xbox controller. http://ds4windows.com/
  • Click your start button and type "Set up USB Game Controllers" in the search box. Click it.
  • Select your controller from the list, click "Advanced" then make sure the correct controller is set as your preferred device in the drop down box. Click OK twice.
  • Since FF7 has limited controller support, if you want full support, you need to trick the game by mapping keyboard keys to your controller using a 3rd party tool.
  • I'm told AntiMicro works well. Download and install that from here https://github.com/AntiMicro/antimicro
  • Run AntiMicro (or whatever your preferred controller mapping tool is) ***AS ADMIN***. Configure AntiMicro/your preferred tool to map the keyboard keys you want to your controller.
  • 7th Heaven 2.0 includes controller button "presets". These simply change your keys and buttons inside of FF7 as if you opened the game and went to Menu>Config>Controller. 7H is not a mapping tool.
  • If you don't want to use a preset, configure your own controls inside of the game, go to 7H>Settings>Game Launcher>Controls and click the Save (floppy disk) icon.
  • Make sure those same controls are set up in your AntiMicro.
  • Ensure your controller is fully on/plugged in/connected first. Then launch FF7.
If you're getting double-input in the game, this little piece is from the DS4Windows site:
  • I'm getting double input/ Weird input in some games, how do I fix it?
That's because the game tries to (though usually badly) support the DS4 on it's own. You can solve this by enabling Hide DS4 Controller in DS4Windows' settings, then connect the controller BEFORE you launch the game.

That's the most comprehensive post I can possibly do. Anything beyond that, call a priest, a voodoo doctor, I don't know what. Or buy an Xbox controller for crying out loud.

I figured it out. DS4 windows works but as you highlighted *As ADMIN* was the only thing I didn't try. Ran it as admin and it works no problem. Thanks a ton for all the help. Gonna run NT again while I wait for the remake!

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #156 on: 2020-03-07 19:39:38 »
Thanks for all the hard work on the new version its Fantastic!

I have a question. When I try to use Field Models and New Threat Together it disables New Threat and I'm stuck with Vanilla Field models.

https://i.imgur.com/9Y6mKeS.png

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

This is by design and was already answered further up the thread.

Gensoul

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2020-03-07 19:54:21 »
Thanks so much to the 7th Heaven team. Loving 2.0 so far! Everything is just easier to do and the auto-sort button is a great time saver.

Seifer

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2020-03-07 21:11:25 »
I need a little help... when i try to play the game this message apear

### Launching Final Fantasy VII ###
Checking FF7 is not running ...
Checking FF7 .exe exists at C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\ff7.exe ...
Verifying installed game is compatible ...
Error code: YARR! Unable to continue. Please report this error on the Qhimm forums.
Failed to launch FF7. View the above log for details.

EQ2Alyza: Use code or spoiler tags when posting hundreds of lines from the app.log. Removed since it wasn't needed. You need to buy the game.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-07 22:55:38 by EQ2Alyza »

Seifer

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2020-03-08 00:13:09 »
I didn't need to buy the game in the previous version, the tutorial didn't mention that it didn't work anymore. Unfortunately I won't be able to enjoy it, thanks for your attention.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2020-03-08 01:14:27 »
Was reading the thread and I see that NT has been locked from being used with Field Model mods and want to know why; it seems to have been implied that this was my decision but it wasn't.

NT worked with field model mods on 1.0 and as there hasn't been any structural changes to the files it should also be working with 2.0 (other mods like Scavenger also have new field models in them); the new models in NT have their own unique parts + .hrc files so there shouldn't be any conflicts.

It seems that Meical's issue was resolved when removing that compatibility lock though, judging from his posts:
Thanks, that worked that time. Not sure why switching didn't work before.  This time I switched the setting then reloaded 7th Heaven and it worked.  Also, thanks for the words of caution.  While I haven't gotten all the way through the game, I know that the Midgar section and up to getting on the boat to the next continent at least has no issues using field model re-textures and New Threat.  I did notice an incompatibility between the Jessie Mod and New Threat in the previous version of 7th Heaven, I was wondering if that was fixed for the new downloads.  I know SegaChief has a compatible version of the Jessie Mod, just wasn't sure if it was the one in the downloads.  And if I haven't already said, you guys are doing amazing work here.  My love for mod developers continues to grow stronger; especially as more AAA developers continue to let down their fans year after year.

Alyza, did you add that lock to NT's IRO?

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #161 on: 2020-03-08 03:31:15 »
I don't have anything to do with the mods. Alyza made all the Qhimm mods so she would have added a compatibility restriction there, but she would have to respond as to why she made that decision.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #162 on: 2020-03-08 03:36:05 »
No, NT's IRO from your thread isn't a standalone download in the Qhimm Catalog. It's directly unpacked and unedited into the Gameplay category as its own option.

I believe this is a case of the Red XIII field models by WolfMan. In older catalogs, they had Reunion patches and separate options to choose. Those options disabled mods altering the flevel because those WolfMan models needed its own patch + Reunion flevels to function. I removed Reunion and those model options from Catalog 3.0, but I forgot to look at the compatibility tags that were attached to them. This might have caused a shift in ID values in those compatibility tags, now pointing to a different Red XIII model that is disabling mods with an incompatible flevel. New Threat was one of those. This is obviously an honest mistake and will be fixed.

Too much hearsay going on, so I please ask that no one assume anything was done with Catalog 3.0 without talking to me about it first. Keep the discussions here about the 7th Heaven tool itself, and direct your questions about Catalogs to the 7th Heaven forums where Strife and I have our Catalog threads, or alternatively on Discord.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #163 on: 2020-03-08 04:20:03 »
I agree the mod discussions should not be a part of this thread. But let's also not confuse speculation with hearsay.

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2020-03-08 05:02:02 »
You can test xinput plus. But I have to test it with the new 2.0 version myself.

xinput plus works fine with 7h 2.0.

Meical

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2020-03-08 08:35:44 »
It seems that Meical's issue was resolved when removing that compatibility lock though, judging from his posts:

Unfortunately, the problem persisted after relaunching 7th Heaven again.  It would seem switching that option isn't working all the time.

Xathyr

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2020-03-08 11:33:53 »
Never expected such an upgrade to makes things even easier for us, i assume this was intended to coincide with the release of the FF7 remake demo, which is a nice touch.

You not only have my gratitude but also my money since i intend to support this project even if it's just with a small part, i still recall benefiting from your work back in Tifa's Bootleg's days and i kinda feel in debt.

I just have one small question, is there any way to replace the menu button icons for the ones from Xbox One? I recall using a mod that has not been updated and another that is not compatible (R06).

Loki_

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2020-03-08 13:24:42 »
thanks for your work guys, i'm ready for a new run :)

Master Twig

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2020-03-08 15:29:20 »
I'm trying to install the newest version of 7th Heaven, but the program wont work at all for me. As soon as it launches, I get an error message and the app closes.  I've tried uninstalling FFVII and deleting all local files. Same with all previous 7th Heaven files.  Yet even with fresh clean installs, it still crashes out every single time.

When launching 7th Heaven, I get this series of error messages.

Could not find a part of the path 'D:\Games\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\mods\7th Heaven'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Settings.LogAndCreateFolderIfNotExists(String pathToFolder)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Settings.SetPathsFromInstallationPath(String pathToFf7Install)
   at SeventhHeaven.ViewModels.GeneralSettingsViewModel.AutoDetectSystemPaths(Settings settings)
   at SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.InitViewModel()
   at SeventhHeavenUI.MainWindow.Window_Loaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(Object root)
   at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.Resize(ICompositionTarget resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

My FFVII installation is in E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII, but for some reason it's trying to go to a location in D:\, which doesn't exist on my computer.

How can I fix this?

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #169 on: 2020-03-08 16:42:35 »
Thank you Xathyr and Loki for your kind words and support!

My FFVII installation is in E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII, but for some reason it's trying to go to a location in D:\, which doesn't exist on my computer.

How can I fix this?

You need to select your correct path/EXE. Click Settings, General Settings in 7h. Then click the button on the far right next to the box that says ff7 exe at the top.

kenichi

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2020-03-08 17:00:29 »
is it possible to resize dialogue box size? Mine is too big. 

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #171 on: 2020-03-08 17:06:08 »
is it possible to resize dialogue box size? Mine is too big.

No. Increase your resolution or lower your DPI. If you need to manually change an option in there but can't via the UI, you can edit your settings.xml file.

Master Twig

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2020-03-08 17:34:46 »
Thank you Xathyr and Loki for your kind words and support!

You need to select your correct path/EXE. Click Settings, General Settings in 7h. Then click the button on the far right next to the box that says ff7 exe at the top.

I can't do this, because 7h won't even start up.  This error happens as soon as I open 7th Heaven and it crashes. I can't change setting in 7th Heaven 2.0 because I can't even OPEN 7th heaven 2.0.  Unless there's some way to change settings outside of the program.

Flash0429

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2020-03-08 17:51:02 »
I can't do this, because 7h won't even start up.  This error happens as soon as I open 7th Heaven and it crashes. I can't change setting in 7th Heaven 2.0 because I can't even OPEN 7th heaven 2.0.  Unless there's some way to change settings outside of the program.

you can in the 7th heaven install folder open the settings XML and change it in there but if its crashing at launch not sure if thats the issue
« Last Edit: 2020-03-08 17:57:43 by Flash0429 »

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #174 on: 2020-03-08 18:18:43 »
It sounds like you installed 2.0 over the top of 1.x which you shouldn't do. Either that or you screwed up your registry by copying and pasting your game to other folders, installing multiple copies or other such things you shouldn't do. 7h must be in its own clean folder. Try deleting your 7thWorkshop folder. That will force 7h to start fresh and redetect your paths. If it still picks up some old ff7 install then you need to uninstall them. There's also a "remove keys" registry tool on here somewhere in the forums that you can run as admin to clean up old bad keys. Try running 7h after that. If still no go, try reinstalling your game after running the registry tool.