Author Topic: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven (v2.2.3.522 Release) Outdated  (Read 390163 times)

Vivigamer

• View Profile
Re: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven 2.0
« Reply #50 on: 2020-03-03 17:07:43 »
I've tried running the .exe and I get an error message then it closes:
Spoiler: show
The device is not ready.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Settings.LogAndCreateFolderIfNotExists(String pathToFolder)
   at Iros._7th.Workshop.Settings.SetPathsFromInstallationPath(String pathToFf7Install)
   at SeventhHeaven.ViewModels.GeneralSettingsViewModel.AutoDetectSystemPaths(Settings settings)
   at SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.InitViewModel()
   at SeventhHeavenUI.MainWindow.Window_Loaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(DependencyObject root, RoutedEvent routedEvent)
   at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(Object root)
   at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(Object resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.Resize(ICompositionTarget resizedCompositionTarget)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

kekko1285

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2020-03-03 17:49:55 »
YES, it is out! Thanks for all your hard work!

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2020-03-03 18:09:56 »
Hmmm, the installation delete  ff7_BC and  ff7_MO .exe files  :/ this version still works with this files, right? . For NT(and make it compatible), Sega, modified this files (an also me to translate the text to spanish O_o).  what is the trick now with this files? xD 
Thanks for the work, the new version works fine for me .

EDIT: Oh! I already saw in the help that now dosnt exist. Hmmm Ok i Guess :/
« Last Edit: 2020-03-03 18:32:30 by markul »

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #53 on: 2020-03-03 18:33:00 »
Hmmm, the installation delete  ff7_BC and  ff7_MO .exe files  :/ this version still works with this files, right? . For NT(and make it compatible), Sega, modified this files (an also me to translate the text to spanish O_o).  what is the trick now with this files? xD 
Thanks for the work, the new version works fine for me .

7H doesn't delete anything. It cleans up the old game converter and puts everything in a backup folder in your FF7 folder. 7H has its own built-in "game converter" and it does NOT include custom EXEs as they are old, unsupported, and cause problems. You should never use the MO exe anyway. If all you want is a menu mod, use Enhanced Stock UI. If you still want to use the old Reunion MO and translation, use BC (not MO!).

Nadious

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2020-03-03 18:37:16 »
Ok, newbie question here.  This is my first time using the 7H system:

I got a collection of mods downloaded, I chose the options I wanted and then I ran the game.  (I'm floored at how EASY this was.  It was so simple!)  Ran fine, played a few minutes and then exited.

If I wanted to install this on another PC I have, do I have to go through the process of downloading all the mods again, or can I copy the ones I have downloaded on PC A to PC B and 7H system will pick them up?  Just trying to see if there is any easier way to get all the mods without having to download them all over again for a 2nd time.

Again, hats off you to guys.  This system is really a treat to use.

eclipsexxxx333

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2020-03-03 18:50:57 »
AWESOME!!!!!! Could you guys please update the Arranged Soundtrack link in the catalog? It seemed that I could not download the file. Thank you so much!!!!!

zeldamaycry

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2020-03-03 18:59:22 »
I keep getting an error that says "Your FF7 installation folder is missing critical file(s). When you installed FF7, you may have accidentally chosen to install the 'Standard Install', but the 'Maximum Install' is required." what am I supposed to do? I'll seriously pay you if you help me.   :-D

eclipsexxxx333

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2020-03-03 19:16:23 »
I think you would have to reinstall FF7 , when install the game, you must choose MAXIMUM INSTALL.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #58 on: 2020-03-03 19:30:04 »
I've tried running the .exe and I get an error message then it closes:
The device is not ready.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
I responded to you on YouTube. Your disk is probably read-only, or having hardware issues. 7H can't create a folder that it needs to. Try running a chkdsk and repair errors, or try another HDD/install location.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #59 on: 2020-03-03 19:32:00 »
Ok, newbie question here.  This is my first time using the 7H system:

I got a collection of mods downloaded, I chose the options I wanted and then I ran the game.  (I'm floored at how EASY this was.  It was so simple!)  Ran fine, played a few minutes and then exited.

If I wanted to install this on another PC I have, do I have to go through the process of downloading all the mods again, or can I copy the ones I have downloaded on PC A to PC B and 7H system will pick them up?  Just trying to see if there is any easier way to get all the mods without having to download them all over again for a 2nd time.

Again, hats off you to guys.  This system is really a treat to use.

Yes, you can just copy them. If you RIGHT-click on your "My Mods" tab, 7H will open your mod library in Windows. Select all of your .IRO files there and copy them. Paste/transfer them over to your other PC in that same folder (just right-click My Mods tab to pull it up on the other computer too). After they're done copying, click the "Refresh" button on the sidebar in your My Mods tab.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-03 19:38:55 by unab0mb »

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #60 on: 2020-03-03 19:33:56 »
AWESOME!!!!!! Could you guys please update the Arranged Soundtrack link in the catalog? It seemed that I could not download the file. Thank you so much!!!!!

The server that mod is hosted on is a free service, Google Drive I believe. So with today being a HUGE day for downloading mods, Google has probably restricted the amount of bandwidth/data transfer that can be used for now. Try again later. It is also worth noting that I believe the Arranged Soundtrack is an option in the "Qhimm - Media" mod which is on a different server. It's a big download for sure, but the download will work right now.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #61 on: 2020-03-03 19:36:18 »
I keep getting an error that says "Your FF7 installation folder is missing critical file(s). When you installed FF7, you may have accidentally chosen to install the 'Standard Install', but the 'Maximum Install' is required." what am I supposed to do? I'll seriously pay you if you help me.   :-D

Are you using the Steam version or the 1998 version? If you're using the 1998 disc version, just insert any of your FF7 discs and 7th Heaven will fix this problem for you automatically.

If you're using the Steam version, open up Settings>General Settings. Point the FF7 EXE path to either ff7.exe or ff7_en.exe in the correct folder where you have the game installed. Click OK on the warning if you get one, click Save, then try to click Play again. If it doesn't work, are you using the English version of the game? That is required. Also you can try to "verify game files" through Steam as you could be missing files in your game folder. If still no go, try reinstalling FF7 from scratch and try again.

Vivigamer

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2020-03-03 19:53:09 »
I responded to you on YouTube. Your disk is probably read-only, or having hardware issues. 7H can't create a folder that it needs to. Try running a chkdsk and repair errors, or try another HDD/install location.

Hi, yep did see that thanks :)

I have tried installing 7th Heaven on both my external HDD & internal HDD - same thing... I have my FF7 Steam version of the games files on my external HDD.

zeldamaycry

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2020-03-03 20:10:21 »
omg it worked! You were right all I had to do was point the ff7.exe. I'm literally about to cry thank you so much <3

Nadious

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2020-03-03 20:15:04 »
Yes, you can just copy them. If you RIGHT-click on your "My Mods" tab, 7H will open your mod library in Windows. Select all of your .IRO files there and copy them. Paste/transfer them over to your other PC in that same folder (just right-click My Mods tab to pull it up on the other computer too). After they're done copying, click the "Refresh" button on the sidebar in your My Mods tab.

AWESOME.  Thank you so much.  You've saved me a ton of time.  I still can't get over how easy it was to get FFVII up and going, WITH mods.  I just keep having horrible flashbacks to 10+ years ago when I tried it then and geez.. it was terrible.  :D

Flash0429

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2020-03-03 21:34:37 »
so juust out of curiosity is there any way to get faster download speeds i have a high Download speed with my net but barely downloading a MB/s

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2020-03-03 21:40:38 »
so juust out of curiosity is there any way to get faster download speeds i have a high Download speed with my net but barely downloading a MB/s

I think downloads might be slow for everyone right now with everyone and their mom tryin to get this set up.. I tried downloading Avalanche Arisen battle scenes and it wouldn't even start. But Enhanced Stock UI just downloaded pretty quick. So be patient, get what you can now, check back for other mods later? That's what i'm going to do.

Edit: I'm having trouble running the game full screen @ 3840x2160. I used to have to change the DPI settings to the ff7.exe to get it working but when I do that now, my game still opens up in super zoomed in and the changes I made to the exe were reset. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: 2020-03-03 21:47:37 by KaidenJames »

Flash0429

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2020-03-03 21:50:02 »
I think downloads might be slow for everyone right now with everyone and their mom tryin to get this set up.. I tried downloading Avalanche Arisen battle scenes and it wouldn't even start. But Enhanced Stock UI just downloaded pretty quick. So be patient, get what you can now, check back for other mods later? That's what i'm going to do.

Edit: I'm having trouble running the game full screen @ 3840x2160. I used to have to change the DPI settings to the ff7.exe to get it working but when I do that now, my game still opens up in super zoomed in and the changes I made to the exe were reset. Any ideas?

in 7th Heaven go to Settings > Game Launcher and check High-DPI Scaling Fix and see if that works

KaidenJames

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2020-03-03 21:56:26 »
in 7th Heaven go to Settings > Game Launcher and check High-DPI Scaling Fix and see if that works

That fixed thank you. I had a feeling that 7th was changing it back when when I launched lol.

Meical

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2020-03-03 22:35:35 »
I'm still seeing the black bar at the bottom of my screen during cut scenes and game play. I've switched the High DPI fix on and off and noticed no change.  I've also tried changing the properties of the FF7.exe but every time the properties reset themselves when I go back in.  I'm playing in 1920*1080 resolution.  Other resolutions and windowed mode produced the same effects.  It is a fresh install with no mods installed yet.  All my settings match the tutorial video.  Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-03 22:38:32 by Meical »

J.Bloodwheel

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2020-03-03 22:45:22 »
Big Thank you for making the modding process for this game so much easier. But I can't find the Beacause retranslation anywhere in the mod list, and I really don't want to go back to the old translation. Any chance it will be added?

Fewtch

• All good things in time
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
« Reply #71 on: 2020-03-03 22:57:09 »
I'd like to note that it most definitely DOES delete things. I had an unpacked iro folder in the /mods folder and at some point it decided erasing it completely was a fine idea. I cannot find it in any backup, nor in my recycle bin. Seems gone, completely. Its very lucky that my main creation folder is elsewhere, otherwise I would have lost weeks of work.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #72 on: 2020-03-03 23:06:34 »
I'm still seeing the black bar at the bottom of my screen during cut scenes and game play. I've switched the High DPI fix on and off and noticed no change.  I've also tried changing the properties of the FF7.exe but every time the properties reset themselves when I go back in.  I'm playing in 1920*1080 resolution.  Other resolutions and windowed mode produced the same effects.  It is a fresh install with no mods installed yet.  All my settings match the tutorial video.  Any help would be appreciated.

The black bar will always be there. It's not an issue with 7H, but with the game. You do not need to set any properties on your EXE anymore. If they are found, 7H removes them (or adds them) based on your settings in 7H.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #73 on: 2020-03-03 23:08:24 »
I'd like to note that it most definitely DOES delete things. I had an unpacked iro folder in the /mods folder and at some point it decided erasing it completely was a fine idea. I cannot find it in any backup, nor in my recycle bin. Seems gone, completely. Its very lucky that my main creation folder is elsewhere, otherwise I would have lost weeks of work.

7H will not and does not delete any mods in your folder unless you click the trash can icon. Period.

KaidenJames

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2020-03-03 23:55:39 »
My controller settings aren't saving. They reset every time I start the game.