Author Topic: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven (v2.2.3.522 Release) Outdated  (Read 390154 times)

lssjcorey

• View Profile
Re: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven (v2.2.3.522 Release)
« Reply #525 on: 2020-12-25 01:14:21 »
Have you updated your paths in the 7H config?

I don't think I have and am not sure how to exactly

mushroomlord

• View Profile
« Reply #526 on: 2020-12-25 06:30:04 »
Hello there! First time Final Fantasy player, and thus first time Final Fantasy modder. I downloaded the 7th Heaven mod manager, but Field Textures the mod does not finish download. It gets suck when it there is 1 second left.

I tried it a second time and it still got stuck. I was wondering where the download location for these sorts of mods typically are. As it keeps eating at my hard drive space I would like to find it an delete it.

I did however download it without the manager by direct download through the thread. So I'm fine on that front :)

diplo_hal

• View Profile
« Reply #527 on: 2020-12-25 17:12:54 »
Hi everybody, I'm new to 7th Heaven (but an old FF7 player)! That's an amazing tool, thanks a lot for the work put in it.

I'm having some trouble using it. I have my game through Steam, it plays correctly from outside 7th Heaven, but it doesn't want to work through the modding tool (either with mods or vanilla).
The game starts, but it's like it's skipping all the movies and just showing a black screen instead. For instance, after few seconds of black screen (I assume that's the starting logo-movie which doesn't load) it appears the "New Game / Continue" screen, which I see correctly, I click New Game and black screen again; I assume that's just the first movie which is not being played.
I read on some other post that the registy might be messed up, but I checked and have no registry key relative to 7th HEaven at all.

Also, my installation was originally in a system folder (Program Files) as Steam installs everything there (doesn't let me pick an additional folder in the same drive, and I have only one drive).
So I let 7th Heaven copy all the files automatically to C:\Games , and I checked by hand that everything is there (movies, and so on).

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: 2020-12-26 17:52:38 »
I don't think I have and am not sure how to exactly
It's under the \Settings\General Settings\ menu option

lssjcorey

• View Profile
« Reply #529 on: 2020-12-27 03:08:16 »
It's under the \Settings\General Settings\ menu option

Is there a way to do it without opening the program, as it just crashes on startup due to the old  filepath

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #530 on: 2020-12-27 14:14:31 »
Hi,

I have tried to play modded FF7 for the first time since last Spring, and I am encountering some issues related to controller support. In short, my controller doesn't work. I have the latest version of 7th Heaven, which I believed was all that was necessary to have native controller support due to FFNx.

I first launched FF7 through 7th Heaven, but that wasn't making the controller work. I then added 7th Heaven as a non-steam game to Steam, but that also didn't make the controller work.

Is there an additional step that I have missed? Do we still need DS4Windows or Antimicro? I thought FFNx enabled Steam's controller wrapper for modded FF7.

Thank you

EDIT:
Oh god damn it. I had forgotten to enable "enable PS4 Xinput Driver" in the "controls" menu. Everything is working now lol.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: 2020-12-27 14:26:00 by AuthenticM »

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: 2020-12-28 23:30:42 »
Is there a way to do it without opening the program, as it just crashes on startup due to the old  filepath
If you delete \7th Heaven\7thWorkshop\settings.xml, it should force a re-initialization of all your settings.

jdhayward

• View Profile
« Reply #532 on: 2021-01-09 14:24:07 »
Hi All,

My music keeps dissapearing after battles.

I have no idea what is causing it. I have tried uninstalling everything then reinstalling but the problem persists.

Any idea what may be causing it?

Thanks

symphonicflow

• View Profile
« Reply #533 on: 2021-01-20 18:49:30 »
Hello everyone!

I have started playing New Threat 2.0 through 7th Heaven, making it up to Mt Corel. Now when I try and start the game through the 7th Heaven launcher, it can't start.
It has an issue mounting/finding the disc. I have tried manually mounting the disc but it says there is an issue with the disc image file. Anyone got a solution? The game w/mods was working perfectly and now it can't even play at all.
I did a reinstall of 7th Heaven but it has not fixed the issue

This is the log:
14:22:31|INFO|SeventhHeaven.ViewModels.GameLaunchViewModel|### Launching Final Fantasy VII ###
14:22:32|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Checking FF7 is not running ...
14:22:32|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Checking FF7 .exe exists at C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\FF7.exe ...
14:22:32|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Verifying installed game is compatible ...
14:22:32|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Verifying game is not installed in a System/Protected folder ...
14:22:32|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Verifying English game files exist ...
14:22:32|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Verifying game is full/max install ...
14:22:32|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Creating missing required directories ...
14:22:32|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Verifying additional files for 'battle' and 'kernel' folders exist ...
14:22:32|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Verifying all movie files exist ...
14:22:32|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Verifying music files exist ...
14:22:32|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Verifying latest game driver is installed ...
14:22:32|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|   Copying C:\7th Heaven\Resources\Game Driver\GameDriver.cfg -> C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII\FFNx.cfg ...
14:22:32|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|   FFNx.dll file is up to date.
14:22:32|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Verifying game driver shaders folders exist ...
14:22:32|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Verifying ff7 exe ...
14:22:32|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Checking a profile is active ...
14:22:32|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Checking mod compatibility requirements ...
14:22:32|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Checking mod constraints for compatibility ...
14:22:33|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Checking mod load order requirements ...
14:22:33|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Looking for game disc ...
14:22:33|WARN|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Failed to find game disc ...
14:22:33|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Auto mounting virtual game disc ...
14:22:33|INFO|_7thHeaven.Code.GameDiscMounter|   attempting to mount iso at C:\7th Heaven\Resources\FF7DISC1.ISO
14:27:33|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Looking for game disc after mounting ...
14:27:48|ERROR|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Failed to find game disc after auto mounting ...
14:27:48|INFO|SeventhHeaven.ViewModels.GameLaunchViewModel|Failed to launch FF7. View the above log for details.

Thanks in advance!

sweetken

• View Profile
« Reply #534 on: 2021-01-22 04:01:28 »
I recently deleted a bunch of stuff on my hard drive (including 7H) and recently reinstalled the program. The catalog flat out won't load for me, and it givers me this error at the bottom: "catalog iros://http$pastebin.com/raw.php?i=vXc4PpBS - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host". The pastebin URL loads in my browser without issue and I did allow 7H through my firewall.

CammyG

• View Profile
« Reply #535 on: 2021-01-26 01:09:47 »
Hello everyone, I’m also experiencing an issue where I cannot launch the game through 7th heaven at all vanilla or with mods. The logs seem to run fine, I get the ff7 window come up then instantly “ff7.exe has stopped working”. I’m using the steam version and I can launch it without 7th heaven perfectly fine. All files have been moved from “program files (x86)” and put into a suggested folder “Games”. I’ve also tried a fresh install on both FF7 and 7H but nothing seems to be working and I keep having the same issue. Any help would be massively appreciated let me know if there’s anymore information needed.

RedAsKetchum

• View Profile
« Reply #536 on: 2021-02-08 18:09:59 »
Is there still no solution to this? Game wont launch as long as theres any mod on. Only happens with version 2.2. It was fine with 2.0 but I want controller support.

Error:

Copying EasyHook.dll to FF7 path (if not found or older version detected) ...
   skipped copying EasyHook.dll ...
   skipped copying EasyHook32.dll ...
Checking if Reunion mod is installed ...
   found: False
Launching additional programs to run (if any) ...
Writing temporary runtime profile file to C:\Users\chris\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpE8CF.tmp ...
Attempting to inject with EasyHook ...
Failed to inject after max amount of tries (14) ...
Exception occurred while trying to start FF7 ...
Failed to launch FF7. View the above log for details.

Dark Phoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #537 on: 2021-02-21 17:38:29 »
Quick question.  Is there a way to have 7th Heaven open and run FF7 straight from the command line, and then shut down once the game stops running?  I'm asking because I'd like to be able to start it straight from my LaunchBox frontend without having to use a keyboard at all.

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: 2021-02-21 22:17:49 »
Hi guys.

For those who have problems launching the game, specifically a code 5 error (which may show as multiple attempts to inject), then please do the following.

1 - Navigate to the game installation folder.
2 - Right click ff7.exe and select properties.
3 - Click the compatibility tab.
4 - Select "run in 640x480 screen resolution"
5- Click ok.

This will not actually force that resolution but it is a workaround to the problem, your screen may momentarily go black when launching the game.

tslojr

• View Profile
« Reply #539 on: 2021-03-16 18:09:32 »
Hi everybody!

I'm hoping someone can help with this. Anytime I try to run the game through 7th Heaven with mods enabled, I get an error when trying to inject scripthook. It doesn't happen when I start the game with no mods enabled, and I've already tried changing FF7.exe's compatibility to run in 640x480. I've tried fresh installs of both the game itself and 7th Heaven, but I just can't seem to get the game to start. I've attached a screenshot of the actual error screen that pops up as well as the 7th Heaven log. If somebody could help I would be eternally grateful.

13:54:36|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Verifying latest game driver is installed ...
13:54:36|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|   Copying C:\7th Heaven\Resources\Game Driver\GameDriver.cfg -> D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\FFNx.cfg ...
13:54:36|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|   backing up existing 'shaders' folder to D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\7H2.0-BACKUP\20210316135436 ...
13:54:36|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|   copying contents of C:\7th Heaven\Resources\Game Driver -> D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII ...
13:54:36|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Verifying game driver shaders folders exist ...
13:54:36|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Verifying ff7 exe ...
13:54:37|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|   FF7Config.exe missing or detected to be different. creating backup (if exists) and copying correct .exe ...
13:54:37|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Checking a profile is active ...
13:54:37|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Checking mod compatibility requirements ...
13:54:37|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Checking mod constraints for compatibility ...
13:54:37|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Checking mod load order requirements ...
13:54:37|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Looking for game disc ...
13:54:37|WARN|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Failed to find game disc ...
13:54:37|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Auto mounting virtual game disc ...
13:54:37|INFO|_7thHeaven.Code.GameDiscMounter|   attempting to mount iso at C:\7th Heaven\Resources\FF7DISC1.ISO
13:54:38|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Looking for game disc after mounting ...
13:54:38|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Found game disc at F:\ ...
13:54:38|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Applying changed values to registry ...
13:54:38|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Copying ff7input.cfg to FF7 path ...
13:54:38|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|   using control configuration file [Default] Steam KB+PlayStation (Stock).cfg ...
13:54:38|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|   Copying C:\7th Heaven\Resources\Controls\[Default] Steam KB+PlayStation (Stock).cfg -> D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7input.cfg ...
13:54:38|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Creating Runtime Profile ...
13:54:38|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|   adding paths to monitor ...
13:54:38|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Copying EasyHook.dll to FF7 path (if not found or older version detected) ...
13:54:38|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|   EasyHook.dll copied ...
13:54:38|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|   EasyHook32.dll copied ...
13:54:38|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Checking if Reunion mod is installed ...
13:54:38|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|   found: False
13:54:38|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Launching additional programs to run (if any) ...
13:54:38|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Writing temporary runtime profile file to C:\Users\Todd\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp4AA2.tmp ...
13:54:38|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Attempting to inject with EasyHook ...
13:54:39|WARN|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|   received errors: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: ptr;  ...
13:54:39|WARN|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|   received errors: Value cannot be null.
13:54:39|ERROR|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Failed to inject after max amount of tries (14) ...
13:54:39|ERROR|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: ptr
   at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.GetDelegateForFunctionPointer(IntPtr ptr, Type t)
   at EasyHook.NativeAPI_EasyHook.GetDelegate[T](String name)
   at EasyHook.NativeAPI_EasyHook.RtlGetLastErrorStringCopy()
   at SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher.LaunchGame(Boolean varDump, Boolean debug, Boolean launchWithNoMods, Boolean LaunchWithNoValidation)
13:54:39|ERROR|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Exception occurred while trying to start FF7 ...
13:54:40|INFO|SeventhHeaven.ViewModels.GameLaunchViewModel|Failed to launch FF7. View the above log for details.

TheDrifter363

• View Profile
« Reply #540 on: 2021-03-25 00:25:59 »
Hey guys,

Just a quick question. Is there any way to run 7th heaven without admin privileges? I use steam for all my games, and big picture mode can't work with any game that runs in admin mode. I noticed you guys also mount the install disc from the 98 version using powershell. Any idea why? Does the exe run a disc check? Can't you modify it for a no-cd bypass?

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: 2021-03-25 13:01:10 »
Is there any way to run 7th heaven without admin privileges?
No. 7H relies on elevated privileges in order to work its magic.

I noticed you guys also mount the install disc from the 98 version using powershell. Any idea why?
Because the Steam version is just a wrapper around the disc version, and it's easier to work from a common root.

Does the exe run a disc check?
Yes

Can't you modify it for a no-cd bypass?
We could, but that would defeat a ton of the checks we do to discourage piracy. Steam puts it on sale so often, for so cheap, that there's no excuse for not being legit.

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: 2021-03-25 13:13:19 »
tslojr:  You definitely need to fix your mod load order (click the "1^ v9" looking button), and check to make sure that "Qhimm - Animations" is not active.  If that fails, delete your "\7th workshop" so it's forced to re-load your paths and configuration, then try again.

TheDrifter363

• View Profile
« Reply #543 on: 2021-03-25 22:31:29 »
No. 7H relies on elevated privileges in order to work its magic.
Because the Steam version is just a wrapper around the disc version, and it's easier to work from a common root.
Yes
We could, but that would defeat a ton of the checks we do to discourage piracy. Steam puts it on sale so often, for so cheap, that there's no excuse for not being legit.

Huh really? That sucks. I'm not a big fan of my games running as admin, as that messes up my Steam games and big picture mode.

Wait so the steam version doesn't mount the 98 iso in any way. I have it, and I never noticed it doing that. How is it a wrapper?

So you guys run anti piracy checks on 7th heaven. Is that the point of the admin access and the disc mounting? Damn that sucks.

Alright thanks dude. I'll have to stick to standalone mods then. Was having issues with new threat and satsuki's graphic pack working together.

LordUrQuan

• LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: 2021-03-26 14:59:56 »
Wait so the steam version doesn't mount the 98 iso in any way...How is it a wrapper?
That's correct; Steam doesn't load the 98 ISO.  That (among other things like cloud saves and achievements) is how it functions as a wrapper.

Is that the point of the admin access
No.  Admin access is required in order for 7H to intercept calls to the game's original code and allow mods to replace them without having to hack the exe file fifteen ways from Sunday.  It has nothing to do with the anti-piracy checks.

Damn that sucks.
Ahh... so in less whiny words, you want us to crack the game, piss in Square's cereal, and give every studio the excuse they want to lawyer up and be dicks to the modding community the way Nintendo does?  I don't think so.

TheDrifter363

• View Profile
« Reply #545 on: 2021-03-27 05:40:00 »
Hey dude whatever floats your boat man. I'm just not a big fan of disc checks, especially when the steam version has nothing of the sort. I'm not too sure of the 98 release, been a while since I installed that one. Your mod manager is not a necessity, just a nice feature. I can always install mods manually.

Didn't think voicing my grievances would be a big deal. I'm just not used to any mods I install, having these anti piracy features. Big fan of modding games, like Half Life and Fallout, and they have nothing of the sort. Hell Mod Organizer for New Vegas and Skyrim, don't even need admin access. They got a sweet virtual file system too.

You do you dude.

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #546 on: 2021-03-27 16:57:32 »
Big fan of modding games, like Half Life and Fallout, and they have nothing of the sort. Hell Mod Organizer for New Vegas and Skyrim, don't even need admin access. They got a sweet virtual file system too.

you're being really unfair

all those games you are referencing are modern games that were actually made with modding in mind, especially fallout and skyrim

in ff7 even the simplest texture replacements will cause bugs if you dont know how the game works and what you are doing, code has to be added to make all this stuff work

shortly after skyrim was released bethesda actually released a set of modding tools to help modders mod it, these final fantasy games are the opposite - they tried to be masterpieces of their time and the source code was thrown away when the game was completed

WargodSius

• View Profile
« Reply #547 on: 2021-03-30 16:05:12 »
Quick hello message just to say thank you for this. Love FF7 and this tool, and New Threat has breathed a massive breath of fresh air back in to my playing.

TheDrifter363

• View Profile
« Reply #548 on: 2021-03-31 21:05:23 »
you're being really unfair

all those games you are referencing are modern games that were actually made with modding in mind, especially fallout and skyrim

in ff7 even the simplest texture replacements will cause bugs if you dont know how the game works and what you are doing, code has to be added to make all this stuff work

shortly after skyrim was released bethesda actually released a set of modding tools to help modders mod it, these final fantasy games are the opposite - they tried to be masterpieces of their time and the source code was thrown away when the game was completed

Alright that's fair. The way this game is coded, it shouldn't even have mods. I'm just upset that a lot of mods are like "use 7th heaven or JUST ours, that's it!" I hate the fact 7th heaven requires admin access to work. Like wasn't there a way around that? There must've been one. It totally messes up my game flow when I'm using steam and picture mode. I can't have that. So I just won't use it.

And the fact the disc checks are still active on an exe after all these decades. I thought someone would've just said "Yo, people can buy this game on steam, the disc version is ancient, I'm getting rid of the disc check. It's an inconvenience." I'm not the programmer though, that's on them. It's on me to figure out ways around that.

Frustrating is all.

Onizuka

• View Profile
« Reply #549 on: 2021-04-03 14:01:27 »
Good morning.

I'm trying to run this mod. I've the Steam game.
I can't seem to install the Field Texture mod of 7.3GB. I thought it took this long because of file size, but now it's been 5 hours that it's listed as "In queue..." after I downloaded it with the client.
Anyone knows how to solve this issue? I would love to use the Field Texture mod.

Additionally, what is that mod that allows to extend max playtime from 99 to 999 hours?

As a last question, I'm playing in 16:9 but this makes 2 black borders appear up and down on the screen. Is there a way to remove them?

Thanks for any help.
« Last Edit: 2021-04-03 16:42:29 by Onizuka »