Author Topic: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven (v2.2.3.522 Release) Outdated  (Read 390172 times)

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
Re: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven 2.0
« Reply #75 on: 2020-03-04 00:04:43 »
My controller settings aren't saving. They reset every time I start the game.
You're doing it wrong. ;-)

Read the following:
Help>Using 7th Heaven>Settings>Game Launcher>Controls
Or
Help>Troubleshooting>Q: Why do my keyboard or controller settings reset every time after I change them in the game?

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2020-03-04 00:15:10 »
lol thanks bro. This is so simple to use, a far cry from the original. Congrats to everyone involved and thanks for all the hard work!

Maymay

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2020-03-04 00:25:16 »
Any of the big mods 1GB+ will download and then somewhere along the line it'll error out and fail. The Media mod that is hosted on a different server also fails.

20:58:58|INFO|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|Error Downloading Battle Textures - Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed.
20:58:58|ERROR|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed.
   at System.Net.ConnectStream.EndRead(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.IO.Stream.<>c.<BeginEndReadAsync>b__43_1(Stream stream, IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncTrimPromise`1.Complete(TInstance thisRef, Func`3 endMethod, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at _7thHeaven.Code.FileDownloadTask.<Start>d__42.MoveNext()
20:58:58|INFO|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|Error occurred downloading/installing Battle Textures - Failed Downloading Battle Textures
20:58:58|ERROR|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|System.Exception: Failed Downloading Battle Textures
21:04:03|INFO|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|Error Downloading Media - Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed.
21:04:03|ERROR|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed.
   at System.Net.ConnectStream.EndRead(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.IO.Stream.<>c.<BeginEndReadAsync>b__43_1(Stream stream, IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncTrimPromise`1.Complete(TInstance thisRef, Func`3 endMethod, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at _7thHeaven.Code.FileDownloadTask.<Start>d__42.MoveNext()
21:04:03|INFO|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|Error occurred downloading/installing Media - Failed Downloading Media
21:04:03|ERROR|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|System.Exception: Failed Downloading Media

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #78 on: 2020-03-04 00:44:15 »
Any of the big mods 1GB+ will download and then somewhere along the line it'll error out and fail. The Media mod that is hosted on a different server also fails.

20:58:58|INFO|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|Error Downloading Battle Textures - Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed.
Looks like you don't have a stable internet connection or the code 7H uses is more sensitive to connection issues. If you go into your catalog subscriptions, you can "convert" the iros:// URLs to obvious regular URLs on pastebin. Look at the XML code and you can find the download links embedded in them. Try downloading them outside of the catalog via your web browser.

Maymay

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2020-03-04 01:17:52 »
Looks like you don't have a stable internet connection or the code 7H uses is more sensitive to connection issues. If you go into your catalog subscriptions, you can "convert" the iros:// URLs to obvious regular URLs on pastebin. Look at the XML code and you can find the download links embedded in them. Try downloading them outside of the catalog via your web browser.
I know it's not my internet connection. Hardlined FTTH 500Mbps+. Downloading via the 7th heaven program is significantly slower and unreliable than via the browser (the downloads often fail). Any files under 1GB I didn't seem to have an issue with. The program seems to also crash when pausing/cancelling downloads in some cases (the download speed showed 0.0kb/sec and wasn't moving).
Downloading manually via browser worked however it also failed in some spots. Speed averaged 2-3MB/sec, although upon monitoring showed a few slow spots here and there during the download.. which is to be expected possibly as a result from high traffic on the server.
It is possible the server may be overtaxed and killing open downloads as a result. Since the 7th heaven cannot resume failed downloads, downloading the big files via browser (I used Firefox) would be the best course of action since resuming of failed downloads is supported.

steven

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2020-03-04 01:35:08 »
I been downloading stuff almost all day, though sadly the downloads have been painfully slow.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #81 on: 2020-03-04 01:52:22 »
I been downloading stuff almost all day, though sadly the downloads have been painfully slow.
The server is getting hammered. The response from everyone using 7H 2.0 and getting new mods has been astronomical. They'll finish downloading eventually, and as people finish downloading, things should get faster again soon.

Meical

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2020-03-04 01:57:07 »
The black bar will always be there. It's not an issue with 7H, but with the game. You do not need to set any properties on your EXE anymore. If they are found, 7H removes them (or adds them) based on your settings in 7H.

Thanks for the fast reply.  I did a little messing around and I noticed that if I rendered the FMV's at a resolution of 1280*960 instead of the default 1280*896 the bar goes away; However the framerate seem to double despite the fact that I rendered it in the default framerate.  With that being said, it got me thinking about rendering the fields in different resolutions to counter the black bar.  Not entirely sure what that would take to be done, but I imagine it would be quite the project.

rephyr

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2020-03-04 02:23:10 »
Just wanted to drop a thrown exception error for anyone's reference.  It didn't replicate, but I thought I'd share.  Force-closed the program.  I assume it's just the mad rush on all the mods today, those poor servers. :)

Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.BeginRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Net.PooledStream.BeginRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Net.ConnectStream.BeginReadWithoutValidation(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Net.ConnectStream.BeginRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
   at Iros.Mega.MegaIros.AsyncReceive(IAsyncResult ar)
   at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
   at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.CompleteCallback(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
   at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken)
   at System.Net.Sockets.BaseOverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped)
   at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)

kirinelf

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2020-03-04 12:02:18 »
Silly question, but how do I know if there is an update available for the program if it's open? Do I just have to periodically close and reopen the program for it to check for an update?

vincentchen

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2020-03-04 14:41:54 »
Thank you for making such a great program.
I have questions when I copy a language  package to game file.
7th detected errors in this  rld.dll
Don't know if there is a solution
picture:
Code: [Select]
https://imgur.com/jC2kZJ9
23:39:46|INFO|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|7th Heaven v2.0.3.406 started - Click here to view the app log.  |  Hint: Did you know? 7th Heaven supports command line parameters (switches).
23:39:48|INFO|SeventhHeaven.ViewModels.GameLaunchViewModel|### Launching Final Fantasy VII ###
23:39:49|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Checking FF7 is not running ...
23:39:49|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Checking FF7 .exe exists at D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\FF7.exe ...
23:39:49|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Verifying installed game is compatible ...
23:39:49|ERROR|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Error code: YARR! Unable to continue. Please report this error on the Qhimm forums.
23:39:49|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|
23:39:49|INFO|SeventhHeaven.ViewModels.GameLaunchViewModel|Failed to launch FF7. View the above log for details.
23:39:51|INFO|SeventhHeavenUI.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel|Checking for app updates ...
« Last Edit: 2020-03-04 14:58:08 by vincentchen »

kekko1285

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2020-03-04 15:04:13 »
This is simply amazing.

Thanks a lot for your hard work.

8-)

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #87 on: 2020-03-04 15:39:39 »
Silly question, but how do I know if there is an update available for the program if it's open? Do I just have to periodically close and reopen the program for it to check for an update?
It checks on open. There won't be updates to 7H so often that you wouldn't close and reopen it during a reasonable amount of time.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #88 on: 2020-03-04 15:41:55 »
Thank you for making such a great program.
I have questions when I copy a language  package to game file.
7th detected errors in this  rld.dll
Don't know if there is a solution
picture:
Code: [Select]
https://imgur.com/jC2kZJ9
23:39:48|INFO|SeventhHeaven.ViewModels.GameLaunchViewModel|### Launching Final Fantasy VII ###
23:39:49|INFO|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Verifying installed game is compatible ...
23:39:49|ERROR|SeventhHeaven.Classes.GameLauncher|Error code: YARR! Unable to continue. Please report this error on the Qhimm forums.

7th Heaven 2.0 (or anyone in this community) doesn't support your piracy of the game.

Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2020-03-04 15:48:41 »
Hello,

Thank you for the great job You've done!
When I launch the Mod I have this message :

### Launching Final Fantasy VII ###
Checking FF7 is not running ...
Checking FF7 .exe exists at H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\FF7.exe ...
Verifying installed game is compatible ...
Verifying game is not installed in a System/Protected folder ...
Verifying game is full/max install ...
...    field\flevel.lgp not found. Scanning disc(s) for files ...
...     failed to find field\flevel.lgp on any disc ...
Your FF7 installation folder is missing critical file(s). When you installed FF7, you may have accidentally chosen to install the 'Standard Install', but the 'Maximum Install' is required.

7th Heaven can repair this for you automatically. Simply insert one of your game discs and try again.
Failed to launch FF7. View the above log for details.

I'm using FFVII from Steam. I looked for the file named flevel.lgp. I only found : fflevel.lgp.
I uninstall FFVII and install again. Same message.

Can You help me please ?

vincentchen

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2020-03-04 16:28:50 »
7th Heaven 2.0 (or anyone in this community) doesn't support your piracy of the game.

The game I buy from steam.
maybe the  language package is piracy, i dont know

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #91 on: 2020-03-04 16:39:45 »
7th Heaven requires the English language version of the game.

Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2020-03-04 16:58:56 »
7th Heaven requires the English language version of the game.
Do 7th heaven V2 will support over language, one day ?
Thanks for your help

Tsuna

• Global moderator
  • Working together to create awesome things!
    • View Profile
    • The home of Tsunamods
« Reply #93 on: 2020-03-04 17:31:38 »
If I remember correctly from yesterday, you can find the flevel from another language of the game (It'll be named different but similar and in roughly the same location) and you can rename it to flevel.lgp and it should be able detect it then.

I can't promise anything, but it's worth a try

Flash0429

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2020-03-04 18:03:12 »
Placing this here for whoever may need it for debugging; an unhandled exception ive gotten it a few times now, this one in particular happened downloading the cmh175 HQ FMV Pack said it only had 40.3 sec left to download

Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.BeginRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Net.PooledStream.BeginRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Net.ConnectStream.BeginReadWithoutValidation(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Net.ConnectStream.BeginRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
   at Iros.Mega.MegaIros.AsyncReceive(IAsyncResult ar)
   at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
   at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.CompleteCallback(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
   at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken)
   at System.Net.Sockets.BaseOverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped)
   at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #95 on: 2020-03-04 18:31:36 »
Do 7th heaven V2 will support over language, one day ?
Thanks for your help

Yes, I believe so. We'll definitely look into it and hopefully have an update out soon. It currently cannot automatically convert a non-English version of the game for use with modding. However, you can use the old Game Converter (untested!) to convert your game and then run 7th Heaven 2.0 which may work.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #96 on: 2020-03-04 18:34:31 »
Placing this here for whoever may need it for debugging; an unhandled exception ive gotten it a few times now, this one in particular happened downloading the cmh175 HQ FMV Pack said it only had 40.3 sec left to download

Please don't post download issues here. This is not a 7H bug. 7H could more gracefully handle the problem, but the problem is from your connection to the server being dropped.

Flash0429

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2020-03-04 18:43:28 »
Please don't post download issues here. This is not a 7H bug. 7H could more gracefully handle the problem, but the problem is from your connection to the server being dropped.

My apologies wasnt sure if it was just a download issue or a bug that was causing the drop

Geek

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2020-03-04 19:14:27 »
Yes, I believe so. We'll definitely look into it and hopefully have an update out soon. It currently cannot automatically convert a non-English version of the game for use with modding. However, you can use the old Game Converter (untested!) to convert your game and then run 7th Heaven 2.0 which may work.
I used the old Game Converter and that's work !
Then I applied NeoMidgard patch (French) and it's work in French :)

Thank You for your support and the team for the great job You have done :)

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2020-03-04 19:57:55 »
Flash:  It's mega giving us the finger for going over the transfer limit.