Author Topic: So I'm pretty much screwed  (Read 2744 times)

Manuel313

So I'm pretty much screwed
« on: 2012-09-17 18:09:00 »
I used the auto run feature and now I'm at the part of the game where your at Aerith's house and you have to sneak past her. I tried hitting the [Cancel] button so that my character can walk but once Cloud gets to a specific spot he starts to sprint even though I have the [Cancel] button held down. Do I have to make a new FF7 bootloader without the auto run feature and if I do will I still have my save file?

Rayved

• It ain't easy being cheesy
    • View Profile
Re: So I'm pretty much screwed
« Reply #1 on: 2012-09-17 18:17:49 »
You'll keep your save, don't worry. If you're worried, you can just back it up by going to the save folder in your installation directory and copy paste it somewhere else.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-09-17 18:25:19 »
This has been explained 100x.  You can easily get past it by running in the correct area instead of walking.

I know.  I have done it.  Tested it.  (after being told it couldn't work and wouldn't work which pissed me off) It is obvious, the game is checking the state of the run button, it does not "know" you are running.

If you tried running past it and it didn't work, you are not running in the correct area.

If you are using a really old auto run mod, I can't be sure.  Dziugo's and Menu Overhaul the above applies to.
« Last Edit: 2012-09-17 18:31:07 by DLPB »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-09-17 21:45:26 »
No need to post the same question in two different sections.