Author Topic: FF 8 PC - controller support lost while using Aali's custom driver  (Read 2562 times)

Xyteryon41

• View Profile
The tittle say it but let me tell all the story

I reinstalled my old FF 8 today(the 5 discs version not the Steam version) and as expected i had a small graphical problem. Then after a search i found i can use Aali's custom driver with FF 8. After copy/pasting the files the graphics turned back to normal without any problem. However now i ran into a new problem, my controllers are no longer supported and the game don't use the ff8input.cfg. if i remove the Aali's custom drivers the controllers are ok but of course the graphics are back to uglyness.

Once again, after some search, i found someone suggesting using Pinnacle Game Profiler to map controllers to make it work with FF 8. I did install it but even if it works for my other games it doesn't work for FF 8.

So is there a way to fix that? A file to modify perhaps?

Maki

• 0xBAADF00D
  • 0xCCCCCCCC
    • View Profile
If you're using DualShock, then you could install DS3Tool. This software makes possible to map controller buttons (also Xbox360, not only DualShock) to keyboard keys. This way you can control whole computer (even mouse) with controller.

Xyteryon41

• View Profile
Thanks for the suggestion, i'll try that :)