Author Topic: [PSX/PC] kernel.bin editor - Carbuncle (0.9)  (Read 30823 times)

rpgcollectors

• View Profile
Re: [FF8] kernel.bin editor - Carbuncle (0.9)
« Reply #25 on: 2015-10-18 16:02:22 »
help my please

Maki

• 0xBAADF00D
  • 0xCCCCCCCC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2015-10-18 18:05:26 »
What's your PSOne version? I mean, is it PAL, NTSC, English, Italian? Which disc? Physical copy or ISO from internet?
Ripping files from PSOne version is a bit harder than PC as it uses HEX manual ripping. I can help you, but you have to provide above info.

rpgcollectors

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2015-10-18 21:00:45 »
I have psone SCPH 102b my use emulator pcsxr my ave iso of the original game that I have the French version of the game sles 02081

help my please

What's your PSOne version? I mean, is it PAL, NTSC, English, Italian? Which disc? Physical copy or ISO from internet?
Ripping files from PSOne version is a bit harder than PC as it uses HEX manual ripping. I can help you, but you have to provide above info.

albert

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2022-01-15 13:05:50 »

How about Jap version? SLPS_018.80-83

Kitsune

• View Profile
Re: [PSX/PC] kernel.bin editor - Carbuncle (0.9)
« Reply #29 on: 2024-01-28 14:46:49 »
Hi Colly,

I'am interested by translate a French mod to English language but this mod exist only in French Steam PC version.
Carbuncle seem a tool near what I need for make it, but apparently kernel.bin file is not exactly the same beetween each version of the game.

Can you guide me to understand how change manually a memory offset of as example a combat message (words to translate as example: "Attaquer" to "Attack" or "Arme" to "Weapon") in a hexadecimal editor with the kernel.bin file open?

Or can you give the source code of Carbuncle for study how it work?

I already have of Hexadecimal editor and characters table for FFVIII.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2024-01-28 14:48:47 by Kitsune »