Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Field editor - Deling (0.12.0b)  (Read 223917 times)

gledson999

• Listem to my Story, this maybe our last chance ♪
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6b] Deling - a FF8 field editor
« Reply #25 on: 2012-05-15 18:05:19 »
error while open psx iso from Final Fantasy VIII NTSC SLUS  eaiting for fix it, but in the pc version are awesome congratulation

falkTX

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2012-06-02 01:56:36 »
very nice tool, congrats!
(just tested here on a linux 64bit system, svn checkout).

I see some unused backgrounds...  8-)

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #27 on: 2012-06-02 09:42:24 »
very nice tool, congrats!
(just tested here on a linux 64bit system, svn checkout).

I see some unused backgrounds...  8-)

Thanks, I think when I finish with character tables, I'll release a new version! (after exams)

falkTX

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2012-06-04 22:36:24 »
btw, is the ff8 script stuff documented somewhere?

I'm actually wondering now if it would be possible to add new 2d scenes...
For example, modify one background a bit so a new path becomes available (probably need to modify 3d walk-path as well), then when the user walks over the new area trigger a change to some new scene.

KiakaKyle

« Reply #29 on: 2012-06-06 18:23:43 »
OMG! You people are awesome. Thank you for the Deling software it's been exactly what i'm looking for. Now that I can see and extract the files, can someone point me in the right direction for software for editing these files then putting them back? Mainly said I'm looking at remove the backgrounds, text files, Character images etc etc and replaceing them with better quality ones. So if anyones still reading this any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

gledson999

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2012-06-08 17:19:37 »
before I forget this great Tool will be edit Kernel.bin in the future version?

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #31 on: 2012-06-14 20:40:54 »
btw, is the ff8 script stuff documented somewhere?

I'm actually wondering now if it would be possible to add new 2d scenes...
For example, modify one background a bit so a new path becomes available (probably need to modify 3d walk-path as well), then when the user walks over the new area trigger a change to some new scene.

http://wiki.qhimm.com/FF8/Field/Script/Opcodes It's little, but it's a start.

No, or in a distant future.

volvania

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2012-07-04 19:38:46 »
mystre if you can start with the battle editor asap i wil support you wth all what u need thanks

regards from volvania.

TheJolly

« Reply #33 on: 2012-07-06 14:10:13 »
I can add a new script?

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #34 on: 2012-07-06 16:57:47 »
I can add a new script?

It is not yet implemented.

gledson999

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2012-07-14 16:31:01 »
myst6re the psx format of text are in lzss(compressed) and i'm uncompress to *.dec but an editor don't recognize this format ...can you add this formats i'will be grateful ...thanks guy

Colly

• View Profile
    • Final Fantasy VIII PL
« Reply #36 on: 2012-07-22 21:09:21 »
Congrats :) Very good program, but saving is not working for me (probably it's because I have FS files modified by another program, FF8AC, maybe something is not compatible).
Are you planning to do editor for whole menu, with SeeD tests etc.?

myst6re the psx format of text are in lzss(compressed) and i'm uncompress to *.dec but an editor don't recognize this format ...can you add this formats i'will be grateful ...thanks guy

"DEC" is just an extension, not "file format". All decompressed files by lzs.exe have *.dec extension.

I'm creating tool just for editing kernel.bin, namedic.bin and changing DTE. It's not done yet, but I have to do it in next 2-3 weeks. :P It'll be very simple tool.

gledson999

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2012-07-29 17:58:44 »
thank you Colly i'll waiting

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #38 on: 2012-08-02 15:36:49 »
Deling 0.7b is almost ready.

Current Changelog:
  • Model texture preview
  • Current background entity preview
  • Encounter editor
  • Walkmesh editor
  • Camera editor (Camera + Camera Range + Movie Camera)
  • Door & gate editor
  • Sound id editor
  • Additional text characters editor
  • One field archive (fs) support
  • Custom font support
  • Export/Import files from the current field

What Deling 0.7b can't do:
  • Add/remove scripts
  • View and edit particles easily (but it's possible)
  • Edit/Export walkmesh easily (but it's possible)
  • Edit/Export 3d model
  • Convert PC to PS
  • Edit image disk files
  • Edit background
  • Edit kernel.bin

About custom fonts:

I finally made an integrated editor in Deling to add fonts. For now, it is not possible to import an image to make his characters, you must do it manually. To integrate the new font to Final Fantasy VIII you must make the changes yourself, ie put sysfnt.tex and sysfnt.tdw (which you can create from Deling) in your archives (menu.fs <= sysfnt.tex & main.fs <= sysfnt.tdw).

Unknown data:

As you may have noticed, I edited the wiki with my knowledge of the data. I still have some unknown data:
« Last Edit: 2012-08-02 20:21:12 by myst6re »

Kostas

« Reply #39 on: 2012-08-03 16:02:58 »
Brilliant piece of software! Congratulations. I tried today the beta version, I made some changes in the very beginning in the infirmary scene, but when I saved it said that an error occured, probably because I used more than seven characters in the name of Squall, or some other change that I made which exceeded the limit of the text. Anyway I restored after the original fsi file in the directory of the game, but what happened next was that my pc didn't recognize the cd roms of the game. It said that the cds are empty. I restarted windows but the problem persisted, until I put some another cd in the tray which it did recognize, and after that it was able to recognize the FF VIII cds again. That seemed to me strange so I thought to let you know, if you are still working in this project.

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #40 on: 2012-08-03 17:42:45 »
Brilliant piece of software! Congratulations. I tried today the beta version, I made some changes in the very beginning in the infirmary scene, but when I saved it said that an error occured, probably because I used more than seven characters in the name of Squall, or some other change that I made which exceeded the limit of the text. Anyway I restored after the original fsi file in the directory of the game, but what happened next was that my pc didn't recognize the cd roms of the game. It said that the cds are empty. I restarted windows but the problem persisted, until I put some another cd in the tray which it did recognize, and after that it was able to recognize the FF VIII cds again. That seemed to me strange so I thought to let you know, if you are still working in this project.

Did you open the FIELD.FS archive located on your disks? If not, there is no reason Deling affects your disk, moreover it cannot save read-only files.

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
[0.7b] Deling - a FF8 field editor
« Reply #41 on: 2012-08-04 13:14:14 »
The new release is out!

Download!

Changelog:
  • Model texture preview
  • Current background entity preview
  • Encounter editor
  • Walkmesh editor
  • Camera editor (Camera + Camera Range + Movie Camera)
  • Door & gate editor
  • Sound id editor
  • Additional text characters editor
  • One field archive (fs) support
  • Custom font support
  • Export/Import files from the current field
  • Some bug fixes

« Last Edit: 2012-08-04 13:42:20 by myst6re »

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
Re: [0.7b] Deling - a FF8 field editor
« Reply #42 on: 2012-08-04 21:05:15 »
Thank you myst6re!

falsomail

• Excuse my English (Hablo español) I speak Spanish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2012-08-05 15:07:37 »
Hello myst6re, what is the tool I need to translate text files. QM?

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #44 on: 2012-08-05 15:18:46 »
I wrote a tiny tutorial about this on the Hyne wiki: https://sourceforge.net/p/hyne/wiki/Translate%20Hyne/
You can find the needed ts file here in the trunk directory (trunk/deling_en.ts).
In which language you want to translate?

falsomail

• Excuse my English (Hablo español) I speak Spanish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2012-08-05 18:20:22 »
Thanks for the info, I want to provide a translation in Spanish.

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2012-08-19 18:42:48 »
This editor is both intriguing in design and in make; do you ever plan on releasing a source code as you did for Makou Reactor, because as of now I am quite curious to root around and see how you made all this :).

I was also discussing with a friend how we both appreciated how you showed dialogue tid bits in game, in real-time through the editor itself. Which is rather invaluable. So a big thank you!

Also, I do not think your first post is fully up to date; your to-do list matches the change log of the latest release, if I am not fully mistaken. Which I might be.
Where do you plan on taking this next, if I may ask? :).

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #47 on: 2012-08-19 20:15:36 »
This editor is both intriguing in design and in make; do you ever plan on releasing a source code as you did for Makou Reactor, because as of now I am quite curious to root around and see how you made all this :).

I was also discussing with a friend how we both appreciated how you showed dialogue tid bits in game, in real-time through the editor itself. Which is rather invaluable. So a big thank you!

Well, the source code is of course in SourceForge, here. If you want I can create for you an archive of the latest version.

Also, I do not think your first post is fully up to date; your to-do list matches the change log of the latest release, if I am not fully mistaken. Which I might be.
Where do you plan on taking this next, if I may ask? :).

I've updated my post, but for now I focus on Makou Reactor. If you have any suggestions, I will add it to my (private :P) TODO list.

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2012-08-19 22:31:39 »
Thank you muchly! Well I'll take a peak at the source code you linked me too when I get on my big computer. If you are willing to archive a more up to date version that would be great! However, I do not want to be a big bother. :).

And suggestions? Hm... Would be a texture viewer and exporter/importer be feasible? I know the models themselves would be more complicated to import and export, but an all in one tool for the 2D aspects would be immensely great.

Also I am not sure if you did this for either Makou reactor, or Deling here; but would it be possible to open up the raw code of FF7, much like the way Meteor does. At times I find it easier just to alter the base code. Or use the alternative base FF7 scripting engine to alter events. It'd be nice I could view that as well as your new more user friendly methods :).

I enjoy the ability to script events, really. :). So thank you for the tool!

Edit:

Another thought occurred to me. I know this goes beyond the bounds of the editor, but how difficult would it be to edit battle and world map text? And what about the shadow textures that appear about the players or boss fights in battle? Just a few things that popped into my head. This is mostly for Makou Reactor though, but could somehow be relative to Deling too :3.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-19 22:40:24 by Mendelevium »

conx

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2012-08-23 23:51:51 »
Thank you for this awesome program.
How can I export font into an image format and re-import  in to .tdw? because I want to localize ff8.
Thank you.