Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Field editor - Deling (0.12.0b)  (Read 223908 times)

myst6re

• Light King of the Savegame - Field Master - FF8.fr
    • View Profile
    • FF8.fr
Re: [PSX/PC] Field editor - Deling (0.10.0b)
« Reply #250 on: 2019-09-12 08:07:27 »
Do you have tvglen1.fi and tvglen1.fl files next too the fs?

shikulja

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2019-09-12 14:18:26 »
add image size pls
already tired, manually slide the sliders to count the pixels

and yet, it’s very important to add so that you can edit (align) the width to
sysfld00 sysfld01 font
it would greatly facilitate life.

J.Fox

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2019-09-12 16:35:03 »
Do you have tvglen1.fi and tvglen1.fl files next too the fs?
Yes, the files(tvglen1.fi tvglen1.fl tvglen1.fs) are next. I put them in a separate folder, but get an error:

"Unable to open the archive."
« Last Edit: 2019-09-12 16:39:44 by J.Fox »

shikulja

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2019-09-13 20:28:27 »
found a couple of mistakes that I repeated with a friend
1. When save the .tdw file, the widths are reset to 0. If you simply edit and close the program, the .tdw file will be correctly saved in the program folder
2. with a small change to sysfld00 (shift characters in photoshop) .tex file was inserted back normally.
after full editing, with an ideal palette, the file could not be inserted.
My friend found a solution.
need to remove sysfld00 from field, add the edited sysfld00 to the field, and replace it again. Then he will finally be replaced normally

both tex files to check:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1llqgSSC-mIGBz_fVgroJsazlClGzEKmI/view?usp=sharing

Nabby

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2019-09-14 15:55:20 »
I'm interested in getting a look at changing out the backgrounds if that's possible. Since you've got Deling able to display them and extract them as standard image formats, could you provide a little insight into what the deal is with the actual mim files I'm seeing when delving into the smaller fs files in mapdata? Is this some proprietary image format?

shikulja

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2019-09-14 19:02:35 »
Suggestion for improvement.
Since I wrote above the normal save (export) .tdw file does not work (does not save the width)
Then I propose to immediately refine another function
Export to deling translation file .txt
1. add width to it
2. sorting characters and widths for convenient pasting into exel, or saving to .xls format
(where one column is symbols, the second is widths)
3. Add export from this file, now it is not there for obvious reasons
It will all look like this:

J.Fox

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2019-09-15 16:21:11 »
Yes, the files(tvglen1.fi tvglen1.fl tvglen1.fs) are next. I put them in a separate folder, but get an error:

"Unable to open the archive."
Question withdrawn. sometimes deareator zzz unzip with an error. =)

lyokoffx

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 2019-12-08 12:32:36 »
Hello everyone

it's a very good tool for Final Fantasy 8

I have a problem I can not access to export to export the sound and model3D

this function is gray I can not make it work I'm under the version "deling-0.9b-win32-xp.zip"

like this exemple

is there anything I miss?
« Last Edit: 2019-12-10 18:47:39 by lyokoffx »

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #258 on: 2019-12-22 13:54:42 »
Bonjour lyokoffx,

Import/Export tab is only for FS archives, not PS ISOs.
Currently you can't make changes on PS ISOs, but I confirm a bug with the sound export button (which shouldn't be disabled).

lyokoffx

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2019-12-23 15:35:39 »
thank you for your reply

I'm interested in resources FF8 OK for the PSX version

1) tell me what resources are available that I can export in the PC version?

2) Can I fix this export of audio bugs and how?

especially the models used in the background

so far i have access to the following resources

1. background
2-Model3D of combat terrain
3-Model3D of the world map
4- UI
5- special effects sprite

kaspar01

• FFVIII Fan & Collector , 3D Artist , FF8RP-WIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2020-01-03 22:58:34 »
hi myst6re!

in the fields camera info, by any chance, could it be the displayed vector for the camera position is wrong?
I made many tests with deling 0.9b and it looks like the position doesn't match the walkmeshes like it should.. (didn't tested with the latest version since I can't find a compiled 0.10.0b one and I'm not sure I'm able to compile it by myself  :roll:)

[Edit]
Nevermind..the data is correct but I missed the formula to get the actual camera position
[/Edit]
« Last Edit: 2020-01-04 20:51:10 by kaspar01 »

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
Re: [PSX/PC] Field editor - Deling (0.10.1b)
« Reply #261 on: 2020-01-07 11:39:00 »
It should be correct :) I used it to match locations in Chocobo Forests: https://www.ff8.fr/quetes/forets-chocobos#foret_fun

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #262 on: 2020-01-07 11:41:32 »
Recent update: https://github.com/myst6re/deling/releases

-  [Image Preview] Force png extension when saving image
 -  [Image Preview] Show palettes menu more often
 -  [Export] Adding export all menu
 -  [FS/FL/FI Archive] Fixing bug when adding directory with subdirectories
 -  [Script viewer] Renaming "char_n" to "model_n". Adding "item_n", "magic_n" and key names.
 -  [Script viewer] Exec syntax can be foo#n.bar where n is the real group id.
 -  [Script viewer] Adding a color preview on hover
 -  [Script] UNKNOWN1 opcode is renamed to ANGELODISABLE and UNKNOWN5 to HASITEM
 -  [Sounds] Fixing export button disabled with read only archives

Darziak

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2020-01-07 13:18:43 »
I'm only seeing French only for language options.

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #264 on: 2020-01-07 13:41:25 »
You can use qm files from previous release, I will redeploy a new archive later. Thanks

kaspar01

• FFVIII Fan & Collector , 3D Artist , FF8RP-WIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2020-01-08 09:28:18 »
It should be correct :) I used it to match locations in Chocobo Forests: https://www.ff8.fr/quetes/forets-chocobos#foret_fun

Thanks for the answer!

I'm working on 3D camera reconstruction in Maya and I'm tryn' to solve the zoom / focal formula.

If want to give a look I'm posting my progress here:

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19046.new#new

After that I'd like to move to the camera animation files.

Shuffle

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2020-01-10 07:18:12 »
Deling breaks .tdw files if you add them by import function. All letters become completley black with 0 width. Not a big problem though cause overwriting Deling's .tdw with original file fixes the problem but it's rather annoying.

upd

Also letters added after the ® symbol (E4, E5, E6 etc) are not appearing in Deling dialog boxes. Alphabet of my language simply won't fit (already added letters from À to œ and D3-E1).

upd

Another bug: sometimes if you are adding files into .fs archive (*. tex, for example) some of them become corrupted - game crashes after intro videos. You can tell that they're corrupted by viewing them in the preview window, it's just blank. I'm not entirely sure, but if I click on every texture right after adding them seems to be working solution by now. As far as I know this bug is not limited to texture files, some time ago I tried to replace one of the models, didn't work, crashed. FF8 Archive commander works fine, but it's very slow and inconvenient.
« Last Edit: 2020-01-21 06:34:07 by Shuffle »

darknesshah66

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2020-03-16 21:37:33 »
Thank you very much for this tool myst6re. And not just for this tool, you are awesome for all the work you have done. I'm working on to get my desired enemy changes to steam remaster of FF8. Thanks again ^^

Lev-Lion

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2020-05-30 16:09:17 »
Hi myst6re.  :)
Recently I’ve downloaded and tried your field editor - Deling (0.10.1b). I want to say this is very powerful and convenient tool for FF8. I like this very much. However, the text encoder (Encodage des textes) is only Latin and Japanese. Right now I’m working on my version of FF8 Russian translation. The current Russian localization is terrible. I have tried to open Cyrillic field.fs and I’ve found that it’s not readable. It shows the strange symbols instead of normal text. I understand that this is because of the text encoder. Could you please help me to obtain Cyrillic encoder for this program?

The second question – is it possible to regulate the game balance through this program? For instance, I want to change refine quantity for Wizard Stone to Curaga 1-3. Or refine Laguna card to 10 heroes instead of 100…

Thank you very much for your program. I hope it will continue to grow and will be translated to English and hopefully Russian.  :)

myst6re

• View Profile
    • FF8.fr
« Reply #269 on: 2020-05-30 16:24:00 »
Is the Russian version uses the low-res font? If yes you can do something about it with Deling.
- Open main.fs with Deling and extract sysfnt.tdw (it should be the font texture used by your version, hopefully).
- Go to Configuration > Text Encoding > Manage
- Add a new font and name it whenever you want. Click on Import... and select the extracted sysfnt.tdw file

Now you have a new font, you can select each character of the font and fill the text box on the right (below the character preview)

For your second question, sorry Deling edits field levels only (for now).
Use Doomtrain for this (I think): http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=17090.0

Lev-Lion

• View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2020-05-30 18:26:59 »
Unfortunately my version uses hi res fonts located in folders sysfld00.tex and sysfld01.tex. Each folder contains 8 files (0.png - 7.png).  :-\

Lev-Lion

• View Profile
« Reply #271 on: 2020-06-06 20:47:04 »
How to convert tex format to tdw? Tdw is only format that can be imported to program. Or how 8 png files (colored fonts) from folders sysfld00.tex and sysfld01.tex can be converted to tdw? I did not found any material on web. 

shikulja

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2020-06-07 19:55:55 »
How to convert tex format to tdw? Tdw is only format that can be imported to program. Or how 8 png files (colored fonts) from folders sysfld00.tex and sysfld01.tex can be converted to tdw? I did not found any material on web. 
tdw используется только для настройки ширин и вроде бы как, deling привязывает ее к таблице символов.
Изображение умеет сохранять, но не умеет вставлять обратно, поэтому его можно просто рисовать в программе, изображение tdw используется только в psx. Поэтому это хороший и старый вопрос, и вроде бы его уже обсуждали. Хорошо если deling будет использовать sysfnt.tdw\sysfnt.tex\sysfld0-1 на выбор, для более удобной настройки ширины, так как изображение tdw обычно отличается от остальных, так как его обычно никто не перерисовывает, и не умеет менять изображение .tdw

tdw is only used to adjust the widths and, like, deling binds it to the character table.
The image is able to save, but can not stick back, so it can simply be drawn in the program, the image tdw is used only in psx. Therefore, this is a good and old question, and it seems to have already been discussed. It is good if deling will use sysfnt.tdw\sysfnt.tex\sysfld0-1 to choose from, for a more convenient width setting, as the tdw image is usually different from the rest, as it is usually no one redraws it, and can not change the image .tdw

rartart

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: 2020-06-08 02:21:38 »
@myst6re thanks for the updated version :D
« Last Edit: 2020-06-08 02:30:31 by rartart »

Lev-Lion

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2020-06-10 02:40:36 »
shikulja
Спасибо большое за подсказку. Я не обратил внимание, что шрифты можно рисовать самому. Нарисовал вполне годные шрифты. Программа начала читать русские тексты только в окошках диалогов. В самом редакционном поле твориться таже конитель с беспорядочными латинскими символами. Видимо программа не умеет напрямую переносить кириллический текст в игру. Приходилось через верхнюю кнопку (Characteres speciaux) вставлять русские символы вручную, что сущий гемор сам по себе. Но другого выхода видимо пока нет. Выкладываю русскую таблицу в помощь разработчику программы. С шириной для букв возиться не стал, ибо в принципе места для них хватало.  :)

Thank you very much for the hint. I've not paid attention to the fact that I can draw program fonts myself. I've drawn very nice fonts, and the program begun to recognize Russian texts only in the game dialog windows. However, there is still a problem with reading a text in the editor’s field. It seems like the program does not transit Cyrillic fonts directly to the game. I had to use Characteres speciaux button to insert Russian symbols manually which is a true hell. I don't see another choice. Anyway it is better than nothing. I’m sending my version of Russian table if the developer decides to use it for a multilingual extension. I did not change the letter width as I had enough space for them.  :)

Cyrillic fonts link: https://mega.co.nz/#!vQQiVCqL!AAAAAAAAAACGa2U63-oysAAAAAAAAAAAhmtlOt_qMrA