Author Topic: Sound Effects not working (in-battle) help ?  (Read 3099 times)

Jreeds26

• View Profile
Sound Effects not working (in-battle) help ?
« on: 2012-12-05 22:04:56 »
Windows 7, 64bit, ff7 2012 US version. Used "Full" preset and ran bootleg, worked just fine. Absolutely amazing, love the mods. Anyway got around to Cosmo Canyon area and Gi-cave and started noticing my sound effects stopped working. For example, when you cast "Cure" or "Cura" whichever, there's a summoning sound right before the actual spell casts. I can hear that, but when I cast spells I have no sound effect for the actual spell. Same with limit breaks. ill use a limit and i hear no sound except for the melee part of it. Like clouds climhazzard, I can hear the sword strike. Other than regular and physical attacks I hear no sound effect besides the beginning summon sound. Sorry if this sounds a little confusing but I have NO idea what happened >.< And what really gets me.....is that I completely uninstalled FF7. mods and everything. Reinstalled FF7, using no mods or anything and started a new game on just the regular 2012 version of the game, and I went into the first battle and tried using Lightning or Ice and it STILL had no sound effect. I can say it seems I notice the background music of the game is decently louder too...hmmm..  ANY IDEAS or HELP is totally appreciated !! Thank you in advance!

Jreeds26

• View Profile
Re: Sound Effects not working (in-battle) help ?
« Reply #1 on: 2012-12-06 03:11:57 »
I would like to correct myself, I fixed the problem. Something as simple as a cable issue with my speakers. So for any of you who maybe have similar problems, check your speakers and cables, I just unplugged/replugged everything and bingo!