Author Topic: What do you hope to accomplish?  (Read 3716 times)

PumpkinPieman

• View Profile
    • http://PumpkinPieman.blogspot.com
What do you hope to accomplish?
« on: 2004-03-21 04:45:04 »
I don't underdstand this aspect of myself. I'm willing to understand but if I don't find any purpose in doing things I won't even try to understand them. What exactly are you guys trying to accomplish in terms of hacking FFVII to bits?

I mean sure a model viewer for one of the best games on the planet is awesome, but does it really serve any purpose in the long run?

I'm asking this because I'm wondering what are you planning to do once all the files are completely hacked. Are you going to try and remake the FFVII exe from ground up? That I can see very valuable in the long run because as versions of the OS's increase the ability to play the game decreases, and a better written version with more compatibility options is just exactly what the game needs.

:)

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #1 on: 2004-03-21 13:48:05 »
Actually, for a while they were working on an FF7 remake.  It was supposed to be written from scratch, have a new storyline (a prequel or a side-story), and also be able to play the original FF7 game from the data files.

If enough progress is made, this project may continue :P

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
« Reply #2 on: 2004-03-21 15:18:03 »
Well for me its just a thrill to find something that should not be found. Its a hobby, i started with FF7 and now it continues on other games. Its my twisted hobby. :D

DeadLajik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2004-03-21 15:57:46 »
For me it is interesting to see how commercial companies represent their data structures inside of files.. and it's also interesting to see the encryption/compression they use to build the files. In a way it is kind of fun for me.. just like being able to solve some really hard math problem that only the creators (Square) of the math problem know the answer to..

Ok, that was probably a bad analogy but hopefully you get my point.

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
« Reply #4 on: 2004-03-23 14:46:14 »
Quote from: DeadLajik
just like being able to solve some really hard math problem

Good analogy.  :P

sfx1999

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2004-03-23 15:25:34 »
It looks good on your resume?  :lol:

Sephiroth2000

« Reply #6 on: 2004-03-24 03:26:11 »
Quote from: Aaron
Actually, for a while they were working on an FF7 remake.  It was supposed to be written from scratch, have a new storyline (a prequel or a side-story), and also be able to play the original FF7 game from the data files.

If enough progress is made, this project may continue :P

_off_topic_
You know, the guy in this pic looks like Turk Vincent...sorry if this point has been made before  :)