Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Replacement FMVs, footage from AC/CC (2017-2-18)  (Read 234946 times)

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
Replacement FMVs for FFVII
« Reply #75 on: 2009-05-25 01:37:44 »
Apparently 4 of 6 hq vids were original quality, I'm uploading the correct files now link should be up in a few.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2009-05-25 01:39:52 »
Thank you! thats what i was saying mostly haha, sorry if i didn't come off clearly. I suck at communicating

Again, amazing job Grimmy can't wait for the HD vids :-D

EDIT: Grimmy, http://files.filefront.com/hq+vidszip/;13760636;/fileinfo.html just takes me the the main filefront page.
« Last Edit: 2009-05-25 01:57:15 by hellbringer616 »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2009-05-25 01:59:32 »
Thank you! thats what i was saying mostly haha, sorry if i didn't come off clearly. I suck at communicating

Again, amazing job Grimmy can't wait for the HD vids :-D

EDIT: Grimmy, http://files.filefront.com/hq+vidszip/;13760636;/fileinfo.html just takes me the the main filefront page.

This is the properlink http://files.filefront.com/missing+hqzip/;13803046;/fileinfo.html

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #78 on: 2009-05-25 02:18:54 »
All links are proper on the main post, thanks for the help helbringer.

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2009-05-25 02:20:01 »
Anytime  :-D

KaOSoFt

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2009-05-25 04:49:19 »
Now, that's a change!

It still looks a bit stretched, but it's immensely a much better quality version. Hahaha, thanks God hellbringer616 noticed it.

Thank you!

« Reply #81 on: 2009-05-26 01:17:25 »
how do you implement these into the game.. there is no read me

I've yet to use it as i just downloaded them, But what you do is do the following:

start > Run type "regedit" without quotes then go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Square Soft, Inc. > Final Fantasy VII and in there you have a string marked "MoviePath" right click and select "modify" then change the value data to where ever you put your movies (have to take all of them from the disc first, then put in the ones from here)

Hope this helped you out

EDIT: not sure if it matters but that is with 32bit WinXP

Ok i screwed something up...... now i cant even see the FMV's the original ones! what is the original value data called it was something like   P:/ ff7/ movies............... but that isnt working.. Please help..... And yes i am desperate... my game wont even start up anymore :P

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2009-05-26 01:54:14 »
It's the following (i am assuming you have your FF7 installed on C: in program files with your movies folder in there)

C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\Movies\

Note the slash at the end, if it is not there it will NOT work.

« Reply #83 on: 2009-05-26 02:04:07 »
Thank you so much........ whew! You are a life savior ^.^.......... Now how do I implement the HQ movies without F***ing up my computer? :D

I am beginning to hate technology xD

Please and Thank you,
  Broken Crow

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #84 on: 2009-05-26 13:29:39 »
Broken once you are able to run fmvs from the HDD then you just need to copy the new fmvs into that folder. If it says 320 or hq before the fmv name you need to delete that part or it won't work.

Edit : Added new start menu with some avatars to the main post.
« Last Edit: 2009-05-26 15:10:30 by grimmy307 »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2009-05-26 19:00:00 »
Thank you so much........ whew! You are a life savior ^.^.......... Now how do I implement the HQ movies without F***ing up my computer? :D

I am beginning to hate technology xD

Please and Thank you,
  Broken Crow

Make sure you are using Aali's driver for the HQ movies.

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #86 on: 2009-05-27 00:26:20 »
Added original and hq quality Ending2 vids from Darkangel 8694 to main post. Made from dark's original 1280x720 with audio corrected to not sound so blown out at loud parts. I've seen it in a vid pack as just a youtube rip and the audio is pretty bad.

« Reply #87 on: 2009-05-27 00:34:14 »
Okay.. I finally got the videos to work on my game....phew! Thank you all for helping a newb like me :P...

And all who made and worked on the videos.. you guys are amazing :D... Thank you so much.

Thank you,
Broken Crow
« Last Edit: 2009-05-27 03:29:41 by BrokenCrowe »

KaOSoFt

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2009-05-27 04:01:48 »
Added original and hq quality Ending2 vids from Darkangel 8694 to main post. Made from dark's original 1280x720 with audio corrected to not sound so blown out at loud parts. I've seen it in a vid pack as just a youtube rip and the audio is pretty bad.
It's a good edit: I bet it took him some time to synchronize those images, but even if it's that good, it's way far from calling it "real". I wish there were more official material, so these kind of edits would look more appealing.

Anyways, thank you very much for your effort!

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #89 on: 2009-05-27 15:01:19 »
Thanks for the complement Kaos. However I'm notsaying, nor did I ever say the word "real". I choose to get permission from Hybridmoon, Darkangel8694, and Clover27(thanks to Obesebear) to include their vids on this thread because I felt they all added something to the game and where a step in the right direction as far as fan made FMVs go. The type of editing and masking portrayed in their vids is difficult, and people who master it ussually make good money doing it.

KaOSoFt

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2009-05-27 23:46:37 »
Thanks for the complement Kaos. However I'm notsaying, nor did I ever say the word "real". I choose to get permission from Hybridmoon, Darkangel8694, and Clover27(thanks to Obesebear) to include their vids on this thread because I felt they all added something to the game and where a step in the right direction as far as fan made FMVs go. The type of editing and masking portrayed in their vids is difficult, and people who master it ussually make good money doing it.
Yeah, I recognize their hard work, and though they add that extra feeling to the videos, it's not my type.

Hehe, maybe I mixed up the "opinions" topic. I thank you, and those video authors for your efforts, I just, personally, don't share your love for that kind of fan material. Like I said, I wish there were more official material available, so they could do a better job, but the lack of it it's what makes it difficult for them to improve over what doesn't exist.

It's just me.  :-)

Fleet Command

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2009-05-28 14:26:06 »
There were a handful of significant gems amongst the clips. But say, grimmy307, do accept criticisms as well? Or is it not allowed in here?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2009-05-28 15:59:52 »
There were a handful of significant gems amongst the clips. But say, grimmy307, do accept criticisms as well? Or is it not allowed in here?
I don't think there is a real need to criticize the videos from Hybridmoon, Clover27, and etc.. because there is simply nothing that can be done about it here.

However if you search for hybridmoon on youtube I'm sure you'll find all the links to the videos, and that would be the best place for criticism I think.

Fleet Command

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2009-05-29 10:27:29 »
I don't think there is a real need to criticize the videos from Hybridmoon, Clover27, and etc.. because there is simply nothing that can be done about it here.

However if you search for hybridmoon on youtube I'm sure you'll find all the links to the videos, and that would be the best place for criticism I think.
Thanks for your opinion, obesebear, but I didn't meant Hybridmoon or Clover27 videos. I meant Grimmy307 videos. Furthermore, YouTube is not a place to register constructive criticism; but rather, a place to react upon impulse.

But I understand that criticism is not allowed here. OK then. You'll see none from me.

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #94 on: 2009-05-29 13:07:07 »
This is a public forum, so you can say what you will. However I made my videos to satisfy my own needs and not the needs of others, so if you have problems with my work I recommend you make FMVs the way you want them. I made these available for the people who wanted to use the scenes from AC in their game but didn't want to do the editing themselves.

Fleet Command

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2009-05-29 19:24:04 »
This is a public forum, so you can say what you will. However I made my videos to satisfy my own needs and not the needs of others, so if you have problems with my work I recommend you make FMVs the way you want them. I made these available for the people who wanted to use the scenes from AC in their game but didn't want to do the editing themselves.
Oh, no! Not "problem" with them. Just the problem of FF7 not loving my Nero's MPEG-4 Splitter which I can perfectly handle in case I decided to use them in the game. (Either I'll tell Nero MPEG-4 splitter to kindly stand down for FFDShow VFW codec to handle the case or I'll convert the videos.)

But about the criticism, there is none. In fact, I did mention that there are some gems amongst them. I just wanted to learn the code of the forum. That's all. You see, in some forums, criticism is outright banned, not to mention my method of criticizing.

By the way, by "AC" you mean Advent Children, right? or "After Crisis"?

EDIT: Oh, I forgot: Thank you for authorizing criticism. If anything "constructive" came to my mind about your work, I'll let you know privately.

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #96 on: 2009-05-29 20:46:34 »
I definitely meant Advent Children. I'm not sure what you mean by After Crisis, I was under the impression that the working title for the next game with Genesis/Weiss as the antagonist was Endless/Eternal Crisis, and that it won't even enter pre-production until after all the working FFXIII and KH titles are in full release.

« Reply #97 on: 2009-05-30 22:13:08 »
Okay.. My PC crashed... and i had to re-install everything... and now I'm working on FF7.... I have every video except the new opening.. the one from the PS3 tech demo... i can't get it to open or... i just can't find it.... its the first link under the HQ videos right?

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #98 on: 2009-05-31 02:18:45 »
I never did a tech demo opening, Otokoshi did that one and its on his thread. I did a mix of CC ending and otokoshi's and it is the first link under hq vids.

« Reply #99 on: 2009-05-31 05:39:05 »
I can't seem to get the New HQ opening FM.... I downloaded it several times and... all i get is this white file..... that i accidentally opened with word pad.... and it messed up my system (heavy lag)...... and its called New_Opening... but i can't extract any files or anything...