Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1001456 times)

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [HELP] Official Black Chocobo Help Thread
« Reply #125 on: 2010-06-16 12:05:53 »
there is a bug that i know of when adding items, its already fixed for the new version.  also you shouldn't touch the PHS pool unless you want to change them , since the program does not edit values unless you change them. if you can send me a copy of your save i will look in to it see if i can find out where it may have gone astray.

EDIT:: v1.2.1 of black chocobo is out. It Contains an important bug fix that will stop breaking your saves,and a few other less important fixes.
« Last Edit: 2010-06-20 19:19:12 by sithlord48 »

Bosque

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2010-07-21 18:57:37 »
I can't set anyone's kills over 9999... which is a problem for Vincent since they need to be set at 65535 so the overflow glitch works.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #127 on: 2010-07-21 19:49:40 »
I can't set anyone's kills over 9999... which is a problem for Vincent since they need to be set at 65535 so the overflow glitch works.

yes thats called an input cap , its put there so people don't break save games by putting to high of a value. i will look in to raseing that cap to the possible highest value with out breaking you save.
« Last Edit: 2010-07-21 19:52:14 by sithlord48 »

Bosque

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2010-07-22 01:46:58 »

yes thats called an input cap , its put there so people don't break save games by putting to high of a value. i will look in to raseing that cap to the possible highest value with out breaking you save.

The highest possible value is 65535 though.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #129 on: 2010-07-22 11:58:47 »
ok after looking at the data type i should be able to pull off that higher cap (just need to make room for it on the form)...this will be included in v 1.3 when it is released

Edit: 1.3 will include a cap of 65535 for , battles (party) runs(party) kills(char)
« Last Edit: 2010-07-22 21:23:43 by sithlord48 »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #130 on: 2010-07-25 15:28:15 »
1.3 Has Been Released, you may all update now.. and enjoy the new materia tab.

edit: removed quote since post was moved tu admins.
« Last Edit: 2010-08-03 14:21:53 by sithlord48 »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: [RELEASE v1.3]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #131 on: 2010-07-31 04:52:44 »
Not sure if you have fixed this yet but it needs doing.  A lot of apps fail to do this and it is annoying:P

a.  When you have opened a save file, simply clicking "save" should automatically save the file you opened, not ask you to find the folder again and overwrite save files

b.  The app should navigate automatically to the save folder by default every time.

When I have time I may do a proper test of this program, so far I did notice 1 bug...  when you set the 'points to next level' to 1, in the game, it doesn't seem to actually level up when the 1 point is given in battle.  I am not sure if that is just my save or whether it is a proper bug.
« Last Edit: 2010-07-31 04:54:24 by seif »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #132 on: 2010-07-31 18:41:40 »
Not sure if you have fixed this yet but it needs doing.  A lot of apps fail to do this and it is annoying:P

a.  When you have opened a save file, simply clicking "save" should automatically save the file you opened, not ask you to find the folder again and overwrite save files

As SL suggested, there's a real risk here that you overwrite your old save with one that doesn't function. Playing with the plot point data etc can break the game.

b.  The app should navigate automatically to the save folder by default every time.

It is doable (sorta), depending what environment BC is written in. I don't know about Qt, but I'd guess you could pass a starting folder as an argument to a file dialog widget. But, you'd still have to navigate to the folder the first time you loaded a save, unless you wanted a config file around too.

When I have time I may do a proper test of this program, so far I did notice 1 bug...  when you set the 'points to next level' to 1, in the game, it doesn't seem to actually level up when the 1 point is given in battle.  I am not sure if that is just my save or whether it is a proper bug.

This isn't really a bug with BC. 'Points to next level' isn't polled to determine whether a character levels up - it's just the Exp for next level - current Exp. Current Exp is what you'd need to alter.

Hope that helped.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #133 on: 2010-07-31 19:00:48 »
Sorry but this will never happen there is a chance that you file after editing will not work properly in ff7. since you can break you save just by changing the values in your save.
This will most likely not happen either since i have no way to correctly predict where ff7 is installed. eventually i may set up some sort of config file to allow you to set you default save folder.
when you set the 'points to next level' to 1, in the game, it doesn't seem to actually level up when the 1 point is given in battle
it should be noted here that any other editor that allows you to set a chars next or exp value does not exactly work. next is only a place holder. exactly what bosola said above about it.
« Last Edit: 2010-07-31 19:03:29 by sithlord48 »

Thayer

« Reply #134 on: 2010-08-04 23:38:17 »
Is there going to be any update for the psv saves or is a workaround all that can be done? Or do you know yet?

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #135 on: 2010-08-05 00:42:11 »
Is there going to be any update for the psv saves or is a workaround all that can be done? Or do you know yet?

did you attempt to look in to this at all before posting this question?

Quote from:  from user guide post

Q::I can open a psv but i can't save it.. what gives.?
A::umm. yea sorry about that one day perhaps i'll get it right untill then here is a Workaround to get them on the ps3

this is also on the black chocobo web page in the FAQ , and also addressed several times in this thread. your answer is already in several places.

P.S, why did the help and release threads get merged...

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2010-08-05 16:30:21 »

Now that we have subforums to divvy up the programs from mods, we're going back to how things used to be when all discussion and info was in one thread.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2010-08-05 16:59:54 »

Now that we have subforums to divvy up the programs from mods, we're going back to how things used to be when all discussion and info was in one thread.

Yay! ;D

That should save a lot of time when searching.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #138 on: 2010-08-05 17:04:18 »
Black Chocobo now as a (mostly finished) user guide. check it out let me know what u think. the link is also added to the main page.. as well fixed in the projects web page it should be easy for people to find..

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2010-08-05 17:19:23 »
This will most likely not happen either since i have no way to correctly predict where ff7 is installed

Surely you can program your app to look at the registry value?  This will tell your app exactly where the game is installed.  Me and Kranmer did a similar thing with our installers.  You just have to make it look at the registry and at the correct value which is the path string.

HKLM/Software/square soft, inc. /Final Fantasy VII and AppPath  I think that's correct for 32bit windows.  You would need to look at another for 64bit. 
« Last Edit: 2010-08-05 17:25:44 by seif »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #140 on: 2010-08-05 17:28:51 »
This will most likely not happen either since i have no way to correctly predict where ff7 is installed

Surely you can program your app to look at the registry value?  This will tell your app exactly where the game is installed.  Me and Kranmer did a similar thing with our installers.  You just have to make it look at the registry and at the correct value which is the path string.

HKLM/Software/square soft, inc. /Final Fantasy VII/AppPath  I think that's correct for 32bit windows.  You would need to look at another for 64bit.

lol,that will only apply to windows.. i would be easer to have you pick a path on first run. unless i can somehow figure out how to use wine's 'registry'  from out side of wine... , then that leaves only bottled version for mac os to figure out. thats why im thinking a cfg file is the way to do when /if i do that.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2010-08-05 17:37:31 »
Sure, well, most end users will be Windows, so at least it is something...  It is just irritating to have to keep finding it, and yeah, the best way of all is to have an ini type file remember the last folder.  Simples :)

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #142 on: 2010-08-05 17:46:18 »
 its possible but its really just not needed. its simple enuff to point it at a save folder. also since it does not only edit pc saves where do i look exactly? cause if it starts in the installed save folder (if one) and you want to edit a psx or mcr save you still need to browse. this is why i think its best the way it is.(this is what i should have said before. instead of only stating install location as an example.)

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #143 on: 2010-08-05 18:46:50 »
Black Chocobo now as a (mostly finished) user guide. check it out let me know what u think. the link is also added to the main page.. as well fixed in the projects web page it should be easy for people to find..

There's a very good introduction to technical writing at Wikiversity. I'm trying to enter tech. authoring myself - I don't really have time to go through the whole of your document right now, but I think the Wiki article might provide some useful advice.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #144 on: 2010-08-05 22:24:59 »
oh you no like the guide ? :'(

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #145 on: 2010-08-10 01:16:48 »
just a small progress update...

PSP Save's Can Be opened (currenly only read only). We will see about writing.

chacyung

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2010-08-20 03:39:07 »
WOW, this editor is AWESOME !!!
Great work man.
Only one that's any good IMO.

BUT I have one question.

Do you have save editors for any of the other PS based FF games?
Like "origins, anthology, and FF4 from chronicals" ??

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #147 on: 2010-08-20 19:59:31 »

no i don't but thats ps related stuff can be done with a gameshark or something similar.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2010-08-20 21:28:36 »
Yeah but he likes your interface :P.

chacyung

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2010-08-20 22:03:37 »

no i don't but thats ps related stuff can be done with a gameshark or something similar.

The only problem is that my gameshark doesn't have anything for FForigins, and nothing that's useful for chronicles, anthology, 8, 9, or tactics.

BUT YOURS !!!
Your editor can change/add anything I could want and make it so simply and easily understood as well. (he's right, I like the interface) It can even read PS3 saves as well, which is what I work best with.

I especially like the fact that I can increase or decrease all the character stats randomly.
It's just SOO perfect.

Would in be hard to alter this one to be able to edit other FF game saves too?
What would you need?