Author Topic: Playthrough request Junon Weapon bit  (Read 5674 times)

bobjim

Playthrough request Junon Weapon bit
« on: 2006-12-21 16:32:32 »
Scroll down for explanation please !
« Last Edit: 2006-12-27 19:53:50 by bobjim »

bobjim

Re: Playthrough request gold saucer date scene
« Reply #1 on: 2006-12-23 18:44:48 »
ooo someones tired ...

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-12-26 17:52:14 »
Did you get past it already?
If not send me that save via e-mail... I'm not gonna mess with that shitty megaupload. Guess that's the reason why nobody helped.

bobjim

« Reply #3 on: 2006-12-27 19:53:01 »
well got past it already using that gypt program, but now i'm stuck at the Junon bit where they are about to fire the big cannon at weapon!

I'll explain it to ya:

it all goes well and they ut Tifa in the gas chamber and then Cait Sith and Barret fight a couple of guards...

...still with me? ... then it goes into the office with Rufus and Heidegger and they talk for a little while and eventually fire the big gun. After the FMV sequence Heidegger walks over and just stands there like an idiot forever... and that's it. Weird aint it??

well you have hiddne your e-mail but thanks a lot for offering i'll upload my save to a private site then if somebody wants to playthrough this bit for me, thanks.

http://ednoddy.com/images/save00.ff7

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
Re: Playthrough request Junon Weapon bit
« Reply #4 on: 2006-12-27 21:36:46 »
Well I'll be damned. I've played your save, skipped the FMV with Gypt and guess what..the same problem.
I tried again without skipping the anim and it worked. I played A LOT till nearest save point.

So I'd suggest you:
a) Don't skip the FMV if you don't have to.
b) If you have to skip it do it later in the sequence..not at the very beginning (I tried and that worked).
c) If neither worked you'll have to do with the save. But you will miss a lot of plot.

I have a question if you have to skip the FMV. Does it crash at the end of cutscene when the cannon is waiting ready? I've had this issue. It crashed even if I played it in Media player. I was able to fix it, though.

bobjim

« Reply #5 on: 2006-12-27 21:49:20 »
I get the problem if i use gyt to skip the fmv or even if i don't :( I also tried the things you said and get the same problem :(

Strange how you get the problem as well though, dunno how that can happen  :?

Still thanks really much for doing this for me, and i'm not too fussed about missing the storyline i'm a hardcore ff7 fan so i already know how it goes ;)

Thanks again !

Oh and to answer your question, my fmv doesnt crash at all only the game crashes afterwards when Heidegger walks away. Perhaps a problem with your fmv?

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006-12-27 22:05:14 »
Yeah, that's strange.  :| My discs are originals so I'm still wondering how it comes that there are invalid frames in my FMV. (I've cut them out and the video is playing fine now).

Very strange that issue with Heidegger and even stranger that I've experienced it myself only twice (your save, my save..then I quit skipping the cutscene and it worked). Maybe it's a matter of luck..if you kept trying...  :lol:

I will tell what difference I've noticed. If it plays fine there is a sailor waiting down there and when Heidegger comes down he will adress him. Since in that issue there was no sailor, Heidegger comes down but there's nobody to address. Funny how intelligent the game is...Heidegger won't start talking because there is no one to address. :lol:  Although it freezes. :-(

Tell me if you find something out.

darkholy10

« Reply #7 on: 2006-12-29 02:31:19 »
me to i have the same problem anyone can help me?

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006-12-29 16:05:00 »
You may send me your savefile via e-mail and I'll try.

EDIT: Okay it's done.. enjoy!  :wink:
« Last Edit: 2006-12-30 19:50:23 by miracle.flame »

darkholy10

« Reply #9 on: 2006-12-30 10:54:52 »
sended thanks