Author Topic: Slow loading on world Map  (Read 1739 times)

Alan

• View Profile
Slow loading on world Map
« on: 2019-08-27 09:59:47 »
Hi! I'm new on this forum, this is my 2nd post indeed.

First of all, thanks for all the efforts made from everyone. All the mods are really something, it's like playing an entirely new game.
With the graphic mod so far, I found only one big issue: loading time on world map.

After a battle on the world map, the game get stuck for about 40~50 sec. Only on world map.
Ofc my pc is good enough to have all the mods loaded (2018). I've noticed that If I remove parts of the mods, the loading time get reduced.
Maybe it can't be helped, but it is possible that someone had the same problem and found a workaround.

Beside of that, sometimes the game get stuck for 2~3 sec whenever enemies have their turn. I'm playing with all mode active, NT included. Maybe it's NT AI that cause the game to stuck. No big deal though.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
Re: Slow loading on world Map
« Reply #1 on: 2019-08-27 12:33:10 »
In your 7H config window, make sure that the direct and music folders are only listed once each.  There's a bug in some of the 1.56 builds where they get duplicated on start, and that'll bog your system down something ugly.

Alan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019-08-28 06:56:34 »
In your 7H config window, make sure that the direct and music folders are only listed once each.  There's a bug in some of the 1.56 builds where they get duplicated on start, and that'll bog your system down something ugly.
That was the problem! I had those two entry repeated for a million times.

So I guess I must delete those entries anytime I start the game. Thanks a lot man!

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-08-28 12:29:43 »
So I guess I must delete those entries anytime I start the game. Thanks a lot man!
Only when things get annoyingly slow.  It doesn't actually hurt anything, just makes the program cycle through those folders once for each time they're listed.