Author Topic: Possible to use the Enhanced UI mod but without the font change?  (Read 2041 times)

ProRevenge

• View Profile
So I really like the new UI that 7H offers with the enhanced stock UI mod, but I don't really like the changed font that it uses, would it be possible to use that UI but with the stock font, or rather a different font of my choosing?

I have a lot of modding experience in other games so I understand how mods work at a good level but I don't really know much about FFVII modding at its core, is this something id be able to do myself or would it need work from the mod creator?

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
its possible (but not ideal) to go back to the vanilla font, but implementing a new font is a lot of work

also going back to the vanilla font will break a thing or two, for instance you will no longer be able to use the controller button mod with it for now (the creator of enhanced stock UI is currently working on that mod for the vanilla font spacing)

the UI has tons of (hext) code in it that changes the windows to make the font work (among other things), so you'll have to delete the font files, chunk1 files (also alters dialogue windows, in a different way than the hext code), remove all hext code that breaks the vanilla font, then repackage the .iro...

EZ Peezy right?  and after all that there STILL might be something i'm overlooking that you might have to deal with  ;D

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
So I really like the new UI that 7H offers with the enhanced stock UI mod, but I don't really like the changed font that it uses, would it be possible to use that UI but with the stock font, or rather a different font of my choosing?

I have a lot of modding experience in other games so I understand how mods work at a good level but I don't really know much about FFVII modding at its core, is this something id be able to do myself or would it need work from the mod creator?

There is a ESUI lite which uses the zomirayfont font, still not the stock font but much more closer, the plan is to get that into the next Qhimm catalog update.

If you want to do it yourself, unless the replacement font had the same font spacing, then you would need to do a lot of realignment of the text and numbers in the code and adjust the font spacing.