Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remix - A compilation of FF7 Mods [1.0-2.5.1]  (Read 1241240 times)

Valamyr

• View Profile
Thank you for all your work! I just reinstalled FF7 and plan to give this a whirl :)

Honestly I was mostly looking for a graphics-overhaul kind of compilation, something that makes the game prettier without changing the gameplay much... I dunno if this will suit my purposes, it seems to have quite a few gameplay additions, but I'll give it a try anyhow!

Edit; Yay! I got it to work :) I skimmed over most of the thread when it was downloading, and the game looks great! I do have a question tho... what initially brought me to this website was the Team Avalanche graphical improvements. Since Ive never modded FF7 before, Im unusure; can I / should I install it over this compilation to make things even prettier, or would that be impossible / redundant? For now I won't push my luck and play with what works!

Also, just a little question! In the vanilla game, there was a bug that made Mdef from items not work if I remember correctly, only Spirit functioned. Is that corrected in this package?

Thank you again for making such a comprehensive compilation. I wouldnt have managed to make all this stuff work!
« Last Edit: 2010-12-26 14:00:09 by Valamyr »

MitchDouglas

I've reinstalled the remix mod to have some fun but have a major problem. The character models in-battle only display in pure white i.e. textureless. The only time textures appear is when the yellow cursor is above their head when they are taking their turn in battle. I've been searching for about three hours for a solution but gotten nowhere. Anyone know what's going on?

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
Hi, going through the game again with this remix, was wondering if it's safe to install gjoerulv's 1.0.2 update over this? Would I lose anything from this compilation? Also do I manuall have to run YAMP to get 30000HP?

Not sure, I think his update installs in a way that wouldn't overwrite anything else, just make sure the game is in hardcore mode before you update it. (i.e. run the game in hardcore mode, then exit)

Hey guys!...I'm back from somewhere.... hehehe

but titeguys installer truly rocks.... just 1 question can i still install new mods... if i install this one?..I'm tryin to install this to my Niece's PC for her BDAY...just want to impress her actually... :wink:

But pls. be a kind heart and help me for ol' time sake..will ya?....

Absolutely, just keep in mind that there are two versions of some files... the normal mode, and hardcore mode files.

Hey Titeguy..nice to know you're still the" nice guy " here eh?..huh?..*winks* ..eheheh forget the puns...

Actually I want to try the Normal mode since its my Niece were talkin about...I don wanna get her cranky with the AI enemies..  so how do I select it is it in the installer to choose from? or u have to check some boxes or sumthin?..... Anyway thanks for the timely reply..and ahppy christmas to you and your hood...family I mean   :-D

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Hey Titeguy..nice to know you're still the" nice guy " here eh?..huh?..*winks* ..eheheh forget the puns...

Actually I want to try the Normal mode since its my Niece were talkin about...I don wanna get her cranky with the AI enemies..  so how do I select it is it in the installer to choose from? or u have to check some boxes or sumthin?..... Anyway thanks for the timely reply..and ahppy christmas to you and your hood...family I mean   :-D

If you don't want to use the hardcore mode, then you don't need to do anything special. Just apply the mods as you normally would.

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
Thanks for that man....  ;D...I would try this tomorrow. I cant wait for my Niece to see this.... :roll:

yumibradford

hi, em I got a problem, in the ffvii normal mode, I can only have normal battles even with bosses, that changes when I play in hardcore mode, but I don't want to play it.

help

Axis

Hello,
I'm new and I have one small question.
If I install this Mod, is it possible that I will be able to turn some of the features off?
like the +9999 limit breaker patch or the Hardcore mode Mod?
I really don't want those features.

In truth This will be my first play through the game, and I really don't want to change much of the game besides the graphics.
So should I install this mod or not?
Thank you! :)

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
axis do not install this mod i would get only
aali's driver
TA Overhaul
covarrs ff7 music installer.

for a first play thru

Valamyr

• View Profile
Hello,
I'm new and I have one small question.
If I install this Mod, is it possible that I will be able to turn some of the features off?
like the +9999 limit breaker patch or the Hardcore mode Mod?
I really don't want those features.

In truth This will be my first play through the game, and I really don't want to change much of the game besides the graphics.
So should I install this mod or not?
Thank you! :)

I'm a new player myself as far as mods are concerned, but I may be able to answer.

Hardcore mode is totally optional and the 9999 breaker is part of it. If you play in Normal mode, like me, you should be alright. Nothing hardcore so far, and definitely no 9999-breaker either. I had the same worries, but I think youll be fine :)

Kylos

• View Profile
From someone whos played through both the normal version and the hardcore version, here is your answer.

The remix version of this game does add slightly better AI to the game, it is not exactly like the original you would get but its basically improved on big mistakes which should not have happened(bugs and glitches).

When you install it, you run it from the start menu, it has the choice whether to play on Final Fantasy or Final Fantasy hardcore, pick the one you wish to play on :) Its not wise to switch between the 2 modes during the same save.

There are patches you can add or remove, this is found in the final fantasy folder (C:\Program Files\SquareSoft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII) in your hard drive, go into it and find the patches folder, in there are descriptions of each one, and you can pick and choose what you like by moving them between the Already Patched and Do Not Want folders.

There is a default run patch (plays it exactly like the original) in the folders, personally i have not tested it though.

If you have any problems with configuring it to work, you might have to change some of the options in the config options.

Axis

Ohh Ok.
I get the Picture :)

But One last thing,
I have just put in the update and the Ali graphic Mod,
Should I just put in Avalanche mod and phoenix mod along with music mod?

or Should I save the trouble and put this mod (the remix Mod)?
 Sorry for being so inquisitive..   :) :D

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
aali's driver
TA Overhaul

for a first play thru

Dont forget to install Patch 1.02  because it prompts you to have this patch   :wink:

Kylos

• View Profile
You guys really need to read the first post of this, this remix version of the game adds the following mods to the game.

FF7 v1.02 official patch
Aali's OpenGL Driver v0.7.3b
Higher quality FMV's
Gjoerulv's Hardcore Mod v1.0 (+9999 limit breaker patch)
YAMP (Cutscene skip, Transparent dialogue boxes, and Mdef fix)
Apz' High quality Cloud battle mod
Timu Sumisu & Millenia's high quality Barret Battle mod
Grimmy's high quality Diamond Weapon Battle & Field mods
Team Avalanche 2D Overhaul (beta 9 hr +colon fix +fire2\faiga workaround +jutmpl01.tex fix +new opening screen)
Higher quality cloud bike minigame model
Phoenix Rejuvenation Project field models (+flickering materia fix +transparent faces fix)
New weapon models by Slayersnext+ApzFreak+TimuSumisu+Millenia
Ficedula's FF7Music (w/ "lessdebug")
Final FanTim's FF7 Remastered Soundtrack (looped by yours truly)
FF7 Remixed Music by the folks at OCReMix

Also incorporated are a few mods of my own:
File Icon Redux
New Spells/Weapons/Armor
Remastered AI Script
Battle glitch fixes
Re-translations

There is no need to download these seperately, like you said Axis, just install all these in one go, Harruzame this bundle of mods updates your FF7 to 1.02 automatically, so there is no need to do that on its own.

Any questions feel free to reply here or send me an email to [email protected] and ill respond quicker (as im playing FF7 right now lol :P)

Edit: Also i would like to add, that the Aali driver and the Hardcore mod of this game are outdated, you can find threads on the new releases, this bundle of mods are outdated.
It would be nice if it could be updated but the only way to get the latest modifications to the Aali driver and the hardcore mod is to download them separately and install them after you fully install the remix. Links to these are below :)

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8306.25 (Aali driver 0.7.9b)
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6818.0 (Hardcore mod version 1.0.2)

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: 2010-12-30 16:16:33 by Kylos »

Kylos

• View Profile
I've reinstalled the remix mod to have some fun but have a major problem. The character models in-battle only display in pure white i.e. textureless. The only time textures appear is when the yellow cursor is above their head when they are taking their turn in battle. I've been searching for about three hours for a solution but gotten nowhere. Anyone know what's going on?

Maybe your graphics card is not powerful enough, or you have the wrong settings for the game, let me know these things:
Specs of your computer (Operating system, memory, graphics card etc)
Which mods are currently installed (Is it just remix or you added anything else?)

After we determined that, and they are ok, then it could be you set the games options wrong before the start of play.
Anyways i have had some problems of my own too, and managed to work my way round them so ill do what i can if u still need the help.

Also im not exactly sure where to put this, but i have a bad graphics glitch on the 3rd disc, im on the hardcore version, the white part of Clouds Ultimate Weapon (only in the northern crater) has come off and just leaves the small purple part of the sword, and the white graphics seems to jump round the screen when moves are done, then disappears, its really strange.

Whether its a remix problem or the hardcore mods problem im not sure, i never had this problem when going through this game in normal mode.

Soul_eater[AD]

Can we play this with an Xbox controller??? :o

Kylos

• View Profile
You can play this with just about any controller, personally i use a PS2 control pad.

I had to buy a USB PS2 joypad hub, which can hold 2 control pads, it was very cheap off ebay (£4 including delivery)

All you need to do is plug in your USB control pad, and configure it properly so it works in the game.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
joybox 5 for PS joypads.

necroscope86

Absolutely great installer my friend.

I am a fairly competent modder, as I mod alot of old school games, and then normally record a Let's Play on youtube (Basically a walkthrough with commentary), but admittedly, this has got me both stumped and excited, as I feel I am so close to getting the game exactly how I want, but am just not quite there. I imagine I may have to install all the mods I want seperately, but before I do so, I just wanted to ask you if you know of a way that I could take out the Magic renaming, and replace the cloud battle mod with the other in battle mod linked here: http://fem1.uniag.sk/Miroslav.Jezik/ff7ncopam.html whilst at the same using your installer to install everything else.

(I have tryed to install the other cloud battle mod, however it just crashes when I do so)

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
Absolutely great installer my friend.

I am a fairly competent modder, as I mod alot of old school games, and then normally record a Let's Play on youtube (Basically a walkthrough with commentary), but admittedly, this has got me both stumped and excited, as I feel I am so close to getting the game exactly how I want, but am just not quite there. I imagine I may have to install all the mods I want seperately, but before I do so, I just wanted to ask you if you know of a way that I could take out the Magic renaming, and replace the cloud battle mod with the other in battle mod linked here: http://fem1.uniag.sk/Miroslav.Jezik/ff7ncopam.html whilst at the same using your installer to install everything else.

(I have tryed to install the other cloud battle mod, however it just crashes when I do so)

well to fix the magic renaming, just replace /data/kernel/kernel2.bin with the stock one off of your install CD (it'd be a good idea to also replace kernel.bin, scene.bin, and flevel.lgp, since the data in these files are dependent upon each other)

to install the other cloud battle mod, use lgptools to manually insert the cloud model into battle.lgp. if the cloud mod only has an installer, then just install it to a stock battle.lgp, then use lgptools to transfer the modfied files between the two battle.lgp's. To see which files in the lgp archive are cloud's battle model files, see the file reconstruction project which is stickied.

Soul_eater[AD]

Can u guys make a video tutorial theres to much reading.... lol i download it then i ran it then idk what to do

necroscope86

Many thanks Titeguy for your reply. Thank you :)

Worked perfectly, I shall definite reccomend this mod compilation to the communites that I frequent.

Thank you again :D
« Last Edit: 2011-01-01 09:18:37 by necroscope86 »

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Can u guys make a video tutorial theres to much reading.... lol i download it then i ran it then idk what to do

Writing your useless post cost you more time than reading how to install this

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
1. Make sure you have Aali's driver installed.
2. Install this

No tutorial needed, this is about as easy as it gets.

Kylos

• View Profile

Ok unlike the 2 other posters here, im going to actually try and help.
What exactly do you have problem with? Give us some information, which mods did you install? What specifications does your computer have?

No one is just going to make a full on step by step video for this, as its a lot of work and its not required.
I did have a step by step guide made up, but i deleted it, i can remember parts of it though.

Let us know what you have so far, and ill find out what you need to do next.

1. Make sure you have Aali's driver installed.
2. Install this

No tutorial needed, this is about as easy as it gets.

Ok i do not get this, Aali driver comes with FFRemix, you do not need Aalis driver to install it, you can play FF7 without the driver anyways.
« Last Edit: 2011-01-01 19:47:06 by Kylos »

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
You guys really need to read the first post of this, this remix version of the game adds the following mods to the game.

FF7 v1.02 official patch
Aali's OpenGL Driver v0.7.3b
Higher quality FMV's
Gjoerulv's Hardcore Mod v1.0 (+9999 limit breaker patch)
YAMP (Cutscene skip, Transparent dialogue boxes, and Mdef fix)
Apz' High quality Cloud battle mod
Timu Sumisu & Millenia's high quality Barret Battle mod
Grimmy's high quality Diamond Weapon Battle & Field mods
Team Avalanche 2D Overhaul (beta 9 hr +colon fix +fire2\faiga workaround +jutmpl01.tex fix +new opening screen)
Higher quality cloud bike minigame model
Phoenix Rejuvenation Project field models (+flickering materia fix +transparent faces fix)
New weapon models by Slayersnext+ApzFreak+TimuSumisu+Millenia
Ficedula's FF7Music (w/ "lessdebug")
Final FanTim's FF7 Remastered Soundtrack (looped by yours truly)
FF7 Remixed Music by the folks at OCReMix

Also incorporated are a few mods of my own:
File Icon Redux
New Spells/Weapons/Armor
Remastered AI Script
Battle glitch fixes
Re-translations

There is no need to download these seperately, like you said Axis, just install all these in one go, Harruzame this bundle of mods updates your FF7 to 1.02 automatically, so there is no need to do that on its own.

Any questions feel free to reply here or send me an email to [email protected] and ill respond quicker (as im playing FF7 right now lol :P)

Edit: Also i would like to add, that the Aali driver and the Hardcore mod of this game are outdated, you can find threads on the new releases, this bundle of mods are outdated.
It would be nice if it could be updated but the only way to get the latest modifications to the Aali driver and the hardcore mod is to download them separately and install them after you fully install the remix. Links to these are below :)

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8306.25 (Aali driver 0.7.9b)
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6818.0 (Hardcore mod version 1.0.2)

Enjoy!

Yeah I know your patch has the 1.02 already but Somebody asked if he could install separate files fro your installer and sithlord recommended this:

aali's driver
TA Overhaul

for a first play thru..

So I only added the 1.02 patch coz TA overhaul wont work without the 1.02 patch and also AAlis opengl driver needs this...am I right?