Author Topic: Portal (and the rest of "Orange Box"  (Read 3749 times)

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
Portal (and the rest of "Orange Box"
« on: 2007-10-11 19:09:39 »
SO i did a marathon gaming session for HL2: Episode 2 and Portal.

Wow, Portal is GREAT.  Short, but oh so very sweet.  The Orange Box game package is worth it for this game alone; very original, and refreshing.  Episode 2 and Team Fortress 2 are also pretty spiffy.

Anyone else play it yet?

Otokoshi

• View Profile
Re: Portal (and the rest of "Orange Box"
« Reply #1 on: 2007-10-11 20:48:24 »
A friend of mine pre-ordered the Orange Box, so he had the TF2 beta.  I played a bit of that and wow!  When I first saw the character design over a year ago, I thought it was rubbish.  After playing it, I see why they went in that direction.  This is just a really fun multiplayer experience, not a serious tactical shooter.  I think they wanted to separate Team Fortress 2 from Counter-Strike, otherwise it's just CS with multiple classes.

I think I'll pick up the Orange Box and give my other copy of Half Life 2 to a friend.  I got it for free with my 9800xt many moons ago anyway, and I haven't even played any of the extended episodes yet.  As EmperorSteele mentioned, Portal does look great, but I've only seen video demos of it.

Emerald Weapon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007-10-17 18:09:55 »
Haven't played either of both games, but I did come across a fun review of The Orange Box.

There are quite funny reviews of Bioshock and Halo 3 as well.

It can be found here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/

James Pond

• Forums Grumpy Bastard....At The Best Of Times.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-10-17 19:09:42 »
Completed Portal a few hours ago.

I still dont know what the flying fuck I've just played, but god damn it was good.