Author Topic: 20 years late is better than never!!!  (Read 3676 times)

Invader_X

• View Profile
20 years late is better than never!!!
« on: 2017-04-02 08:16:33 »
I did it!

I finished Final Fantasy 7 for the first time ever! I can now understand the following of this game.

I want to thank everyone who had contributed to this project, you guys definitely made the first time experience playing this game very worthwhile for me. What made it even better was that the community responded very quickly to any technical issues and helped resolved it super quick so i can continue playing! Thanks everyone!

I can't wait to delve further into the lore and spin offs and especially the remake on PS4!

I have now completed:

Final Fantasy 3 DS Remake
Final Fantasy 4 DS Remake
Final Fantasy 7
Final Fantasy 9
Final Fantasy 13
Final Fantasy 13-2
Final Fantasy 13-3 Lightning Returns

Any recommendation which title to complete next?

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
Re: 20 years late is better than never!!!
« Reply #1 on: 2017-04-02 08:18:44 »
What's with X?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-04-02 14:43:11 »
FF10 is my second favourite FF.  My order:

7 > 10 > 8 > 9 > 6.  The rest can bog off tbh.  I do like 8's music the best though.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-04-02 15:29:36 »
Final Fantasy 4 DS Remake
Oh man, why the DS Remake? The PSP remake is by far the best version of this game.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #4 on: 2017-04-02 16:38:57 »
Oh man, why the DS Remake? The PSP remake is by far the best version of this game.

Yes, but no proto-babil. :(

gjoerulv

• me
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #5 on: 2017-04-02 21:06:39 »
I want to thank everyone who had contributed to this project...

What project you mean? :P

Although I'm not a fan you probably want to check out 10. The SNES+PS1+FF10 is usually within any given FF fan's favs. My fav is probably 6, 7 or 9.

Not a big fan of the 3D remakes of FF3 and 4. I'd actually play the original FF3 over the remake. For FF4, the PsP one seems to me to be the best choice.
The original NES games have not dated well. Even the remakes are kinda a pain to play today. High encounterrates and lack of convenience features really sucks. The SNES games suffer from the same things at a lesser extend.
FF8: A really, really weird game imo. Not bad, just really odd. Many people like it.
FF11... Kinda the same as the NES ones actually, and it's an mmo to boot. What I mean is that it has not dated well, and, as I recall, it's an UI hell.
FF12: Offline mmo.
FF14: Online mmo.
I prefer 12 over 10 but most people do not agree.
In other words: try 10.

Jotaro

• Star Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2017-04-02 21:18:04 »
Game wise, FF4 PSP is superior imo, but the DS translation is easily the best one.
I actually think 5 is the best, as it has an excellent job system, and it's a shame the planned 3D DS remakes for it and 6 never happened.