Author Topic: FF7 Music problem  (Read 6343 times)

Shuffle

• View Profile
FF7 Music problem
« on: 2010-04-17 20:22:23 »
Hello,
Windows 7, 32-bit.
I downloaded 1.51 FF7 Music and an older version, with ff7music.ini. I downloaded in_mp3.dll, out_wav.dll. Created a folder with ff7 folder ficedula, put 1.51 in it (and ff7music.ini). Create music folder in a ficedula folder, put back music files of remastered ost by Final Fantim CD1. Renamed them. The game is still no music (I deleted the music files from midi.lgp)

Sorry for my english. Maybe I must download all cd's of OST?

willis936

• View Profile
Re: FF7 Music problem
« Reply #1 on: 2010-04-17 20:47:09 »
Ok a few things:  check through the settings folder in aali's driver there should be a line for ff7music.  Check ALL of your folder paths and file locations, keep in mind ff7music does not like spaces in folder paths.  Sometimes keep the folders in C:\ keeps things simple.  Make sure the playlist matches the folder you specified to fetch the files from (so if you're replacing the aseri midi with a file named aseri.mp3 make sure it's in the folder ff7music searches through).  Also, in the second window I see the breaks in the file path, that could be the problem.  I also have the "emulate ramps" and "obey stop" commands are checked.

There are many threads on this that explain it much better I'll find them hold on.
EDIT:  Here they are:
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8493.0
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8840.0

Be careful before posting in these threads, people don't react nicely to necroposting.
« Last Edit: 2010-04-17 20:49:06 by willis936 »

Shuffle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-04-18 08:10:12 »
It's normal that I have no Aali's driver? I marked the commands that you said, created a folder '1 "on the C drive and moved the audio files there (in the program and corrected the path to" C: \ 1 \ "). No music.

willis936

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-04-18 12:47:21 »
Well Aali's driver helps a lot lot lot with this and also makes the game look way better and lets you use some of the best mods made for the game.  It's literally THE must-have mod for FFVII.
I'd also recommend LoopBe.  Install it and set it as the midi device FF7music uses.  It's a midi that creates no output so it mutes the game's midi output so nothing can get in the way of FF7music.
Also, which midi.lgp did you delete?  I think FFVII might use one of the files in the music folder but don't quote me on that.  If you use LoopBe you shouldn't have to delete any lgps.  I'd suggest replaying that file and trying loopbe.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-04-19 03:10:07 »
The problem may be with one of your DLL files. FF7Music doesn't play nice with the DLLs that are bundled with the latest versions of winamp.

This bundle has DLLs that have the best compatibility with FF7Music. You can use in_mad.dll for MP3s, and the included out_wave.dll to replace the one you're using.

Keep in mind, that zip contains a whole bunch of other stuff, because it was designed for a whole tutorial, but you can easily just grab the DLLs out of there if you want.

Shuffle

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-04-20 16:31:14 »
Music is played only when I click quit the game. So I go into the game, load save (no music), go into the menu, click quit (music starts), click no. Is this normal?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010-04-21 05:22:42 »
It absolutely should not be doing this.

I have never seen this behavior before...