Author Topic: [CC:FF7 PSP] Crisis Core UI Upscale Project  (Read 60620 times)

eqprog

• View Profile
Re: [CC:FF7 PSP] Crisis Core UI Upscale Project
« Reply #75 on: 2020-06-15 20:08:45 »
Well, I'll be having more sub-categories, but that's basically what I'm doing. The evaluator will take care of that - hopefully by tonight. It will also generate the textures.ini file based on that so no worries there.

edit: beat the game. It took a little longer than I thought it would sooo maybe I won't finish the rest of my goals today. We will see.

edit 2: pushing update now
« Last Edit: 2020-06-15 22:37:08 by eqprog »

eqprog

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2020-06-16 04:33:08 »
https://github.com/eqprog/FF7CCUP/tree/sorting
This is the current branch I'm working on.

Use eval_img.py to sort out images. Press the open button if you want to edit an image - it will open both the original and the upscaled image in whatever your default editor is.
Bug warning: There's currently a bug/oversight in this - the evaluator will organize the textures as you edit them HOWEVER I still need to add a tracker to the database to make note of the previous category because its currently not smart enough to move it out of whatever folder it gets put into after being moved from the default directory. Just be really sure its in the right category before you press next otherwise it will have to be manually moved into the right directory until I fix this! If you just want to edit the image and not worry about sorting it, that's fine. Just leave the category as "New".

Also, I haven't actually tested it with the game however I am pretty sure it will work. If anyone else wants to test it, please let me know.

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2020-06-18 10:39:12 »
The sorting looks a bit confusing so I'll leave it to you.

Right now, I'm going to work on the Genesis monitors at the beginning of the game.
I think it'd be easier to redesign the UI a little, but I plan on doing more later.

Before:

After (WIP):

How do you feel about using the Remake's version of the logo?

Original:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/f/f7/Shinra_Electric_Power_Company_logo_from_Compilation_of_Final_Fantasy_VII.png/revision/latest?cb=20200513020619

Remake:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/8/82/Shinra_Electric_Power_Company_logo_from_Final_Fantasy_VII_Remake.png/revision/latest?cb=20200513021046

The only difference is that it's Shinra, not Shin-Ra.

This would mean there would be more consistency between the two games, and it's called "Shinra" in text during Crisis Core.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2020-06-18 12:18:14 »
I've been using the updated one in the before crisis game since it's the correct spelling now.

eqprog

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2020-06-19 01:54:43 »
The sorting looks a bit confusing so I'll leave it to you.

Right now, I'm going to work on the Genesis monitors at the beginning of the game.
I think it'd be easier to redesign the UI a little, but I plan on doing more later.

Before:

After (WIP):

How do you feel about using the Remake's version of the logo?

Original:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/f/f7/Shinra_Electric_Power_Company_logo_from_Compilation_of_Final_Fantasy_VII.png/revision/latest?cb=20200513020619

Remake:

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/8/82/Shinra_Electric_Power_Company_logo_from_Final_Fantasy_VII_Remake.png/revision/latest?cb=20200513021046

The only difference is that it's Shinra, not Shin-Ra.

This would mean there would be more consistency between the two games, and it's called "Shinra" in text during Crisis Core.

All that sounds fine to me. I've made the sorting less confusing/work better but I don't mind doing all of it. Its kinda mind-numbing but easy, too.

By the way, I figured out how they were doing the transparency. Just put everything into a group and add a mask to it, then fill it with something less than white

Just keep the H & S values at 0 and adjust the B value (Brightness). Now you can make all of your layers the exact same transparency non-destructively.

eqprog

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2020-06-22 22:19:28 »
I'm about 3/5 done with the sorting now. I decided to just focus on that for the time being as (hopefully) it would make the project more accessible for additional people to collaborate.

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2020-06-23 01:34:49 »
That's great. :)

And yeah, the sorting is one of the major reasons why I haven't done anything on Github yet.
I'm scared that if I replace some textures, it would get undone or overwritten somehow.
I'm a Githut noob too.

eqprog

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2020-06-23 02:49:04 »
I completely understand that. Hopefully I will be able to finish within the next few days.

eqprog

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2020-06-25 22:40:32 »
Only about 500 more textures to organize, gonna take a break for right now. I should finish by tonight.

eqprog

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2020-06-26 05:25:47 »
I'm going to make a thread in the main graphical releases forum.

Devina

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2020-06-26 07:50:12 »
Great. :)

A note to everyone who might be reading this topic, it's better if we all go here:

https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=20208.0

There's not much point to this topic anymore because my work and KaosuReido's is integrated in this new project.