Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3008026 times)

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
i've finished the game and saved my list of things i think would be very positive changes

American translation:

save me the speeches > spare me the lecture  (Cloud - at beginning)
hundreds of meters > hundreds of feet/ thousands of feet / half a mile / almost a mile (Cloud - before climbing rope in wall market)
in their droves > in droves (Costa del Sol receptionist)
what a nerve > what nerve (icicle inn map owner)

All English translations:

Do whatever you like (positive response, IMO doesnt fit the situation nor Cid's personality) > Do whatever the hell you want (Cid - on tiny bronco when asked to use as a boat)
Crime Hazard > Climb Hazard  or  Sword Skewer (the latter i just made up, it doesn't sound cool... but is quite literal, almost anything is better IMO)

I consider this a very tiny list (and opinion based at that), and just fyi I had an amazing experience taking my time and talking to each and every npc to see what they had to say

THANK YOU

« Last Edit: 2020-05-16 19:37:40 by Orichalcon »

awkner

• View Profile
Hey, just started a new playthrough with this mod and it's INCREDIBLE. I'm a gamedev and I can't fathom the amount of work you all put into this. Absolutely amazing!

Quick question:
Searching through the forums I've seen mentioned that a Save Anywhere mod was included in the Menu Overhaul that comes with the Reunion, but I don't seem to have it working (and can't find an option to turn it on or off). Was it removed from the mod?

skyhawk

• View Profile
As a Canadian:

save me the speeches > spare me the lecture  (Cloud - at beginning)
Yep. 'Spare me the speech' would also work, and be closer to the original translation.

hundreds of meters > hundreds of feet/ thousands of feet / half a mile / almost a mile (Cloud - before climbing rope in wall market)
Eh. Not a fan of silly feet/fathoms/miles measurements

in their droves > in droves (Costa del Sol receptionist)
Yep.

what a nerve > what nerve (icicle inn map owner)
Yep.

Do whatever you like (positive response, IMO doesnt fit the situation nor Cid's personality) > Do whatever the hell you want (Cid - on tiny bronco when asked to use as a boat)
Makes sense, but I have no opinion either way.

Crime Hazard > Climb Hazard  or  Sword Skewer (the latter i just made up, it doesn't sound cool... but is quite literal, almost anything is better IMO)
I don't mind 'Crime Hazard' that much, but it does kinda stand out. Either of these suggestions would be better, IMO.

skyhawk

• View Profile
Minor field script issue, base game NOT REUNION. I did a quick search on the Spreadsheet and was unable to find reference to this issue.

When meeting Cid for the first time, in the rocket:
Choose the first dialog option, 'Tell me about this rocket'
After the last dialog 'My last hope is to talk to the President', Talk to Cid again
He'll repeat the 'My last hope is to talk to the President' dialog, but you maintain full control and can walk around and access the Menu while the dialog is still on screen.

By convention, you should need to hit OK to close the dialog box before being able to move around in the field again.

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion

Eh. Not a fan of silly feet/fathoms/miles measurements

i'm not defending the system here, lol, its the speech, you just dont hear someone born and raised in the US say "Look, thats a few hundred meters up there!"

and any exceptions are people that moved away and moved back

as for the system itself, we dont care for it either, but its more of a pain to switch than to just deal with it

if we switch, every project would have to be converted to its metric counterpart which would produce fractions and cause many problems until the whole system got converted
« Last Edit: 2020-05-17 02:13:40 by Orichalcon »

shift84

• View Profile
I've tried looking through a few pages to see if anyone else was wonder, I guess I just don't quite understand...

To get the most genuine but corrected english version for American English do I check "American English" and "Incorrect character names/places" or just "American English"?

And

With "Series canon", does this make it more to what the writers intended or does this just mean it reverts things back to their incorrect original translations?

I guess my whole question is what do I check to have corrected translations and the closest to what the original Japanese writers wanted their story to be?

I know the creator of this mod wanted to stay as true to the source as they possibly could, that's what I want to play, I'm just a bit confused with all the options is all.

Thanks for any help!

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
I've tried looking through a few pages to see if anyone else was wonder, I guess I just don't quite understand...

To get the most genuine but corrected english version for American English do I check "American English" and "Incorrect character names/places" or just "American English"?

And

With "Series canon", does this make it more to what the writers intended or does this just mean it reverts things back to their incorrect original translations?

I guess my whole question is what do I check to have corrected translations and the closest to what the original Japanese writers wanted their story to be?

I know the creator of this mod wanted to stay as true to the source as they possibly could, that's what I want to play, I'm just a bit confused with all the options is all.

Thanks for any help!

your help lies in the 2 text files that come with the reunion download, they say what all the options do

jb12jb

• View Profile
Hello,

Thanks for this mod.  I played the Remake recently, and it got me hankering after the original and best story.  I bought the Steam version and modded it, and it is all working fine.  However, I wanted to be able to speed up the game so I don't have to sit through summon animations, chocobo races, etc.  I have read that this mod allows you to do this, but I cannot for the life of me find the key combo online or in the mod text files.  Can anyone help me out?

kilyan

• View Profile
Hello, would be possible to add additional mods in reunion? I would like the spell textures i use usually on 7th heaven. If i unpack the iro how do i make them work in reunion?

Agravaile

• View Profile
Hello,

Thanks for this mod.  I played the Remake recently, and it got me hankering after the original and best story.  I bought the Steam version and modded it, and it is all working fine.  However, I wanted to be able to speed up the game so I don't have to sit through summon animations, chocobo races, etc.  I have read that this mod allows you to do this, but I cannot for the life of me find the key combo online or in the mod text files.  Can anyone help me out?

Assist + Switch button is Fast-Foward (Select + Square by default)
Assist + Confirm button is Skip FMVs and certain sequences. (Select + Cross by default)

Do note that if your 60 fps battles are set to interpolated (mode 2), the fast forward function wont be working for battles. Also, this should be written down in the help file that come with the installation. See help file, hotkeys section.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-17 20:49:16 by Agravaile »

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
Hello, would be possible to add additional mods in reunion? I would like the spell textures i use usually on 7th heaven. If i unpack the iro how do i make them work in reunion?

go to page 220 in this thread and you'll see a great guide by kuraudo on how to install other mods in reunion

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Until I create a proper tutorial - that's a great place to look :)

kilyan

• View Profile
ok thx

mph8er

• View Profile
Had alot of fun with this mod so far, thanks for your work on it. Unfortunately, I have run afoul of what appears to be a progression bug.

My buggy broke down outside Cosmo Canyon as expected, then I entered and renamed Red to Nanaki. After this, I noticed a few oddities. First, I'm used to seeing my party members in the village, such as Barret where he discusses the origins of Avalanche. All of them are missing, including Nanaki at the stairs where he talks about his father before continuing up to the observatory. When I walk into Bugenhagen's room, the cutscene where Nanaki enters never plays, so I'm unable to progress the story.

Also, if I attempt to talk to the guy at the entrance of Cosmo Canyon, Cloud runs in place and the game is softlocked after the conversation is completed.

For some background, I'm running the steam version of the game. I was on R06e til entering Junon, then I upgraded to R06f when I saw it was available. I reinstalled R06E when I encountered the issue, but that has not resolved the issue. The save is bugged I suspect.

I also encountered another softlock elsewhere, though it was easily bypassed. If you skip the second cutscene when taking the gondola from Corel to Golden Saucer, the music won't end up playing. If you attempt to get back in the Gondola to return to Corel while the game is in this state, the game will softlock after the doors on the Gondola close.

Any suggestions or has anyone else got a save from around this point?

Zatos

• View Profile
Alright, I am still getting the crash after battles.  It's been happening much less often, and didn't happen to me at all through Shinra HQ (when I did a clean install of the new version) up to grinding inbetween Fort Condor/Junon in a forest (for Yuffie).  I'm not sure if you need any more data on this bug, but I'll still follow the proper steps.

1. Known bug of crashing after battles before the experience screen displays
2. Happens randomly after battles
3. App.log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=14uEN3ihVlDMgYJlfWEkaly1Ap_Ax7Dp9
4. Reunion.log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SOgA1ayCLJVnnjU4_fPZBC8w290iXxWu
5. crash.dmp: no crash.dmp file was generated
6. Save file (most recent save): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bkrv24Oc57sp_G0QEZ6_mhqx42EfEy2v
7. Audio.log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pbtTGZFo5DkbLDWrXW11V6t2C2remAx6
8 & 9. - not a performance issue

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
i think only solution is to migrate code to the compiler aali used or migrate to ffxn for graphical side.  prob best ffxn as it's maintained and supported.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-18 13:13:08 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
need your save file,mph7er

mph8er

• View Profile
need your save file,mph7er

Thanks DLPB. Can't upload to the forum it seems. Here's the save.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BpPaj7SRbg8oWF5sHA5WirG9pCz3budA/view?usp=sharing

kilyan

• View Profile
hi, i tried to look at page 220 for the mod insertion, and i have some doubts: what if in the mod there are folders that are not mentioned in those lines? i don't know where they belong, or should i leave them be?

mph8er

• View Profile
hi, i tried to look at page 220 for the mod insertion, and i have some doubts: what if in the mod there are folders that are not mentioned in those lines? i don't know where they belong, or should i leave them be?

I can probably answer this one. The folder in question works a bit like the overrides folder in GTA5 if you've ever modded that. In FF7, there are a bunch of lgp files, which are basically zip files containing a bunch of files in a specifically named file. There are lgp files for battle, magic effects, character models, etc.

The Reunion injects replacements to those files either by replacing the lgp file outright or creating a folder with the same name and file contents as the lgp file. You can see this if you look at the structure of The_Reunion\BASE\New_Translation and The_Reunion\BASE\Model_Overhaul as both contain a collection of files. The ini file determines which folders of overrides gets loaded and in what order.

If you specify an empty folder name on the MOD_ID section of the INI file, then start the game, it will create the folder structure you need automatically. After that, if you wanted to use a model for example from 7th Heaven, you would use the IRO tool to extract out the download that has the model you like. The field mod, find the model you like and when you open it, you'll find a folder. It will be named either char or char.lgp. If you place that folder in the The_Reunion\CUSTOM\YourModFolder\direct, which also should now contain a char folder, any folders in that folder will override the ones injected by Reunion. All the compatible mods will have a matching folder structure.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Other news, Box FF7 has been updated to show old window positions - I'll release it with R06g.  I'm now positioning boxes and finalizing the localization.

popejupiter

• View Profile
So I recently installed this amazing modpack, and it is awesome...but I've run into a bit of an issue that does not seem to be in the documentation anywhere.

I can't get the Choco/Mog Materia.

When I talk to the Chocobo at the gate, I get a "kweh" then nothing.

Was this changed somewhere?

Thanks for any help and for the work on this mod/framework!

Elhoim

• View Profile
Alright, I am still getting the crash after battles.  It's been happening much less often, and didn't happen to me at all through Shinra HQ (when I did a clean install of the new version) up to grinding inbetween Fort Condor/Junon in a forest (for Yuffie).  I'm not sure if you need any more data on this bug, but I'll still follow the proper steps.

1. Known bug of crashing after battles before the experience screen displays
2. Happens randomly after battles
3. App.log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=14uEN3ihVlDMgYJlfWEkaly1Ap_Ax7Dp9
4. Reunion.log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SOgA1ayCLJVnnjU4_fPZBC8w290iXxWu
5. crash.dmp: no crash.dmp file was generated
6. Save file (most recent save): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bkrv24Oc57sp_G0QEZ6_mhqx42EfEy2v
7. Audio.log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pbtTGZFo5DkbLDWrXW11V6t2C2remAx6
8 & 9. - not a performance issue

I thought I was alone in this, it's been pretty hard playing the game with this bug. For what it's worth, I also had it when playing with the 7th Heaven set-up, so it doesn't seem related to Reunion only. I added several graphical mods like Nino Style, better looking spells, Remako and a tweak to the UI.

skyhawk

• View Profile
I can't get the Choco/Mog Materia.
When I talk to the Chocobo at the gate, I get a "kweh" then nothing.
Was this changed somewhere?
As memory serves, it's a specific chocobo. I played through this section recently and picked it up without issue...
Try talking to the others?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
As above - only a migration to the compiler Aali used (which he still hasn't confirmed anywhere despite being asked twice)  or to ffxn (which I'm probably going to do) will fix this issue.

The underlying problem is that Aali coded it to a specific compiler and it can go totally tits up on another.