Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3008888 times)

popejupiter

• View Profile
As memory serves, it's a specific chocobo. I played through this section recently and picked it up without issue...
Try talking to the others?

I feel super dumb. I swore it was the one closest to the farmhouse....I was having trouble getting any of the others to interact.

Thank you!

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
are you wanting bugs with the original game reported here?

while testing stuff i discovered mandragoras (encountered next to chocobo farm) don't take action at all, kinda nice for testing stuff though :)

i always thought i was just killing them before they had a chance to attack until i was messing around for a couple minutes and wondered why nothing was happening

and as the initial line says, this is with or without reunion
« Last Edit: 2020-05-19 23:42:07 by Orichalcon »

skyhawk

• View Profile
are you wanting bugs with the original game reported here?

while testing stuff i discovered mandragoras (encountered next to chocobo farm) don't take action at all, kinda nice for testing stuff though :)

i always thought i was just killing them before they had a chance to attack until i was messing around for a couple minutes and wondered why nothing was happening

and as the initial line says, this is with or without reunion
I'm not sure I'd call that a bug. That's directly reflected in their AI Script.  Until you harm them, they are passive. Great for farming whatever it is [Some Chocobo breeding thing I think] that can be stolen from them.

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
Until you harm them, they are passive

ah, didnt know that, since i always kill em in 1 hit they never did anything

gotcha

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Minor issues like that even if bugs are likely going to go largely uncommented.   There will be hundreds, so if I don't respond, you'll know why.  8-)

mph8er

• View Profile
need your save file,mph7er
Never saw a response to my save file, so will post a full bug report. I'm going to reinstall FF7 and R06F from scratch and start a new playthrough. If the save file is fixable or if you find something, let me know. Will post an update after I reach Cosmo Canyon again.

1. Progression issue in Cosmo Canyon. Red XIII missing from stairway after entrance cutscene. Bugenhagen and Red XIII not in the observatory. Other party members not in scripted positions. Talking to the guy blocking me leaving Cosmo Canyon causes a softlock.
2. Repeatable on save file. Planning to replay to verify if it's encountered on a new save. R06f was installed about 10 hours back. Did not encounter the issue on another playthrough via R06e, though I was using other mods on that playthrough via the custom folder.
3. App.log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1F11v70XfhxpHM_mg4fUBoAn8TzvTP9Il
4. Reunion.log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kR1HLSpe6Ne-YVZRjqF0OTyqPIZ0s7SR
5. crash.dmp: Not crash-related
6. Save file (most recent save): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BpPaj7SRbg8oWF5sHA5WirG9pCz3budA
7. Audio.log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1p3eGKGytM1S_k4EweGLqaMufZfn11j77
8 & 9. - not a performance issue

I thought I was alone in this, it's been pretty hard playing the game with this bug. For what it's worth, I also had it when playing with the 7th Heaven set-up, so it doesn't seem related to Reunion only. I added several graphical mods like Nino Style, better looking spells, Remako and a tweak to the UI.

Having this same issue.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Please don't post bug reports twice.  I'm aware of it.  :)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Resolved.  Somehow a major variable allocation has been removed and so Cosmo Canyon is now completely broken.  For now, until Cosmo Canyon is passed, turn off New Translation.

Sigh...  I tested this area a lot so I have no idea how this has happened - unless Makou has some bug.  I dunno.  Any case, it's resolved with R06g.  I need to get this updated anyway with ffxn - so I'll be working to that soon.

Alternatively:  open flevel.lgp in BASE folder with Makou reactor and add

Bit 2 ON in Var[3][161]

below

Activate the triangle #88
Activate the triangle #84
Join party field (speed=18)

in  cos_btm  > group 15 > S1 - talk

Around line 122.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-21 01:25:13 by DLPB »

Agravaile

• View Profile
Sorry to ask, but if someone does edit that bug with Makou in flevel.lgp, would you be so kind to upload it please, i've no experience with it, so i'm afraid not being sure in what i'm doing if i try to fix it myself.

Please do this if you've already done this, and this won't take your time at all in doing so, i don't wanna waste anyone's time with it, so if you already have flevel.lgp fixed, i would appreciate a lot if someone uploads it. Thanks in advance!

All with DLPB's permission, of course.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-21 05:55:02 by Agravaile »

skyhawk

• View Profile
Sorry to ask, but if someone does edit that bug with Makou in flevel.lgp, would you be so kind to upload it please, i've no experience with it, so i'm afraid not being sure in what i'm doing if i try to fix it myself.

If my understanding is correct [take with a HUGE boulder of salt], flevel.lgp is actually built by the installer based on what options you select during installation. Using someone else's flevel.lgp may not work or might cause other bizarre issues.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
ah shit yeah you'll need a special build of Makou too.  forget it.   await R06g

Agravaile

• View Profile
If my understanding is correct [take with a HUGE boulder of salt], flevel.lgp is actually built by the installer based on what options you select during installation. Using someone else's flevel.lgp may not work or might cause other bizarre issues.
Right, it was then i remembered there were certain setting the installer has to build during installation, thanks for your help though.

ah strawberries yeah you'll need a special build of Makou too.  forget it.   await R06g
I see, thanks anyway, for now and in general.

Zatos

• View Profile

Please do this if you've already done this, and this won't take your time at all in doing so, i don't wanna waste anyone's time with it, so if you already have flevel.lgp fixed, i would appreciate a lot if someone uploads it. Thanks in advance!

All with DLPB's permission, of course.

EDIT: I'm not sure if this will work as DLPB mentioned needing a special version of Makou Reactor.

Here's some easier instructions for those that haven't used the program.

You can download it here: https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=9658.0

• ***Make a backup of your flevel.lgp file just in case anything goes wrong***
  • After launching the program, go to File -> Open -> select the flevel.lgp in the BASE\New_Translation folder
  • On the left hand column/section, select the file 'cos_btm'
  • In the second section to the right of this, find ID 15, the group is named 'WATCH' and select it
  • In the third section, select 'S1 - Talk'
  • In the fourth section, you'll need to expand the lines (click the arrow on the left hand side around line 89, should be the last arrow) as the lines you need to find are collapsed and not visible
  • Find these lines (which should be around 122 as DLPB mentioned):
    • Activate the triangle #88
    • Activate the triangle #84
    • Join party field (speed=18)
  • Right click on the last line 'Join party field (speed=18)' and select 'add'
  • Choose 'Mathematics' from the first drop down
  • On the second dropdown, choose 'Bitwise operation'
  • Below the text box, it will say 'Variable' - in the first number field to the right of that, set it to '3'
  • In the second number field to the right of that, set it to '161'
  • Below that, there will be a line that says 'Position' - set the number field to the right of that to '2'
  • Click 'OK'
  • These lines should now show as:
    • Activate the triangle #88
    • Activate the triangle #84
    • Join party field (speed=18)
    • Bit 2 ON in Var[3][161]
  • If the lines don't appear in this order, right click the newly added line and choose 'up' or 'down' to make sure the lines appear in this order
  • Choose 'File' in the upper right and select 'Save' (or alternatively use the Save icon in the upper right)
  • Close the program and play!

To be honest, I've never used this program.  But I'm pretty sure I did it correctly according to DLPB's instructions.  If not, feel free to chip in DLPB if any of this is incorrect.  I still need to test it myself, which I'll be doing after this.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-21 08:25:41 by Zatos »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I wouldnt touch it at this time.

Zatos

• View Profile
I just finished getting past Cosmo Canyon using the fix and I had zero issues. 

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Yeah but you'll now likely have issues where your flevel is now broken because supported opcodes will be knackered ;)  Hence why I said not to do it.

Zatos

• View Profile
Gotcha.  I'll wait for the next release.   :)
« Last Edit: 2020-05-21 15:37:23 by Zatos »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile

fractalsinnsture

• View Profile
I apologize for the stupid question, but I'm not seeing any of the button commands.  For example, I just got to Junon and the parade commands are all blank spaces.  I'm running R06f and the Steam version of FF7.  Thanks!

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
I've stayed out of this for a while; but man those are some hot takes Dan.  Here's my question, why the fern do you not understand that LGPL is not the same thing as GPL.  The stackexchange question you keep posting as evidence that you are NOT in the wrong is explicitly about LGPL, not GPL.  I know you won't answer me because you're not at all interested in actually talking about strawberries, and even if you were, you're such a damn narcissist that you wouldn't be able to comprehend yourself being in the wrong; but in the off chance you do, the fern dude?

EQ2Alyza: This topic is done and over with publicly. If you want to further discuss, take it to PMs.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-22 03:24:13 by EQ2Alyza »

mph8er

• View Profile
This one's easily avoided, but was reproduceable across two separate playthroughs. Didn't find it in the list. This was on R06f with no other mods.

1. Soft lock in Golden Saucer. If you skip the final tram FMV during your first visit, the music will not play. If you immediately go back in the tram upon arrival, the game softlocks.
2. Repeatable on save file 1. Enter Corel, take tram to Golden Saucer and use the FMV skip feature on the cutscenes.
3. App.log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K6yZo_ne0p-j1ncwjfb_JgL4otG5eSB6/view?usp=sharing
4. Reunion.log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qVDkRQ_Yhro1dp_bnjUv5kFfMBWnOMOX/view?usp=sharing
5. crash.dmp: Not crash-related
6. Save file (most recent save): https://drive.google.com/file/d/19Jbn5e2bdA-Zl4OzH9ImugUbVdNcjf-E/view?usp=sharing
7. Audio.log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RXy3f_UPF2JFq_B75COaU0VNvRoYBCwe/view?usp=sharing
8 & 9. - not a performance issue

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Skipping FMVs is warned about in help file.

mph8er

• View Profile
Skipping FMVs is warned about in help file.
I know. Still worth it to document it though. A, it will help those who want to skip as many of them as possible. B, if a way is ever discovered to actually fix them, your bug document is well organized and and would serve the purpose well as a one-stop shop for the instances it occurs in.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I'll see if anything can be done about it - if not, I'll disable skipping for problem FMV.