Author Topic: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven (v2.2.3.522 Release) Outdated  (Read 393330 times)

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
Re: [FF7 PC] Mod Manager - 7th Heaven 2.0
« Reply #350 on: 2020-04-29 01:14:58 »
Hi I've been getting an illegal character error everytime I try to launch 7th Heaven 2.0 even after uninstalling and re-installing as well as deleting the workshop several times here's the text from the applog:

FF7Version Detected: Original98 (or Game Converted) with installation path: *:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\

Your installation path starts with an asterisk, which is obviously invalid. How you managed to get an asterisk for your drive letter, I don't know. Look for that path in your registry and fix it.

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 2020-04-29 03:10:15 »
Is the FFNX driver going to be implemented at some point? I'm interested in using a DDS pack but from what I've read you have to kind of install FFNX as workaround to the 7th Heaven driver and I just don't feel like doing that lol.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #352 on: 2020-04-29 06:21:09 »
Is the FFNX driver going to be implemented at some point? I'm interested in using a DDS pack but from what I've read you have to kind of install FFNX as workaround to the 7th Heaven driver and I just don't feel like doing that lol.

It's kind of on an unofficial roadmap. Other things are being worked on and are the primary focus for 7th Heaven 2.1. If all goes according to plan 7H 2.1 will actually have a fixed custom driver in place anyway. Then for the following update it is planned to add FFNx as an option so that it can be tested heavily by a larger user base and issues ironed out. If it is mature enough and accepted by the community, it would become the default option.

faithbreaker

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: 2020-04-29 13:01:38 »
Hello guys,i have been having a problem regarding a crash while i am playing.When playing sometimes the screen goes black and only the sound goes on and then there is an error that says game driver crashed.Any info on how to fix this thing as it is really hindering my progress of my save..It happens unsuspectfully as the game and the mods seem to run fine but then it happens.. :(

AuthenticM

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 2020-04-29 13:02:49 »
I had no idea what FFNx was so I googled it and found this page.

Holy moly. This is very neat indeed. Hopefully we get this in 7H at some point down the line!

bran2396

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 2020-04-29 13:17:21 »
Your installation path starts with an asterisk, which is obviously invalid. How you managed to get an asterisk for your drive letter, I don't know. Look for that path in your registry and fix it.

Thanks! I don't really know how it got that way either but now it's fixed.

datsunsoup

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 2020-04-29 18:56:13 »
Hey guys! Good work on this, looks great. I've played a bit with previous versions of 7th Heaven.

I am having some issues though that I'm trying to narrow down. I launched the games using all the available mods classified under "Qhimm Modding Community" as the author. So no "Uprisen" or anything quite yet.

The opening movie and train looks great and runs smooth but as soon as the initial battle happens, the screen breaks to start the battle, but then freezes. The music continues to loop, but the program is locked and the screen is black. Nothing loads further from this point.

After some quick on/off active switch changes, turns out the battle will only crash if my Battle Models mods are on. I'm using the 'ninostyle' model option for Cloud. I fiddled around with a few options (like turning off Shinra Soldier changes, weapon changes, different Cloud models) and the most I got was the battle screen loaded with nothing on it and promptly froze.

It's not a deal breaking situation. I can still play the game without any battle model mods, but any thoughts on what may be going on?

Thanks in advance!

krazyq

• View Profile
« Reply #357 on: 2020-04-29 23:25:50 »
Is anyone getting the following error:
"Fail to load BTCE.yos"

This happens when I start a new game or load a saved game
It only occurs when I turn on the Field Textures from Qhimm.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-29 23:27:28 by krazyq »

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 2020-04-30 00:07:17 »
It's kind of on an unofficial roadmap. Other things are being worked on and are the primary focus for 7th Heaven 2.1. If all goes according to plan 7H 2.1 will actually have a fixed custom driver in place anyway. Then for the following update it is planned to add FFNx as an option so that it can be tested heavily by a larger user base and issues ironed out. If it is mature enough and accepted by the community, it would become the default option.

Sweet, thanks for the reply. I have a pretty powerful system, so the DDS textures for me aren't super needed. Just a nice bonus, that I can totally wait for. Cheers.

devinthedude3

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 2020-04-30 03:40:36 »
Are you using the Steam version or the 1998 version? If you're using the 1998 disc version, just insert any of your FF7 discs and 7th Heaven will fix this problem for you automatically.

If you're using the Steam version, open up Settings>General Settings. Point the FF7 EXE path to either ff7.exe or ff7_en.exe in the correct folder where you have the game installed. Click OK on the warning if you get one, click Save, then try to click Play again. If it doesn't work, are you using the English version of the game? That is required. Also you can try to "verify game files" through Steam as you could be missing files in your game folder. If still no go, try reinstalling FF7 from scratch and try again.

I am having the same problem. I think I see what you are talking about but not exactly sure what to do. under ff7 exe i see ff7 folder. under movies i see no folder. under textures i see no folder. under library i see a folder temp. PLEASE HELP. I been messing with this for the last 2 days I am about to give up.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #360 on: 2020-05-02 10:34:04 »
this program need dinput support please

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #361 on: 2020-05-02 14:09:27 »
is there any other easier way to make my turbo controller to work on this 7th heaven 2.0

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
« Reply #362 on: 2020-05-02 17:12:10 »
is there any other easier way to make my turbo controller to work on this 7th heaven 2.0

a generic gamepad is even tougher to get working than the official ones (xbox, ps4, switch, etc)

you will almost certainly need a 3rd party gamepad button mapper like joy2key, xpadder, etc... steam will also do it if you add the game to its library and launch it with steam

but all these button mappers can add the turbo function to any button you want, so its pretty redundant to use a turbo controller on pc, unless thats your only controller

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: 2020-05-02 20:34:21 »
I need help to make my hori auto turbo controller to work on 7th heaven 2.0 please

i tried mapping the keys that did not work

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: 2020-05-02 20:44:39 »
how come the 7th heaven mod owner can't just add in dinput support for

Khrone

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: 2020-05-02 23:20:06 »
I need help to make my hori auto turbo controller to work on 7th heaven 2.0 please

The lack of controller support in FF7 is not really a 7th Heaven problem, is something the original game had.
I don't know if it would work, buy have you tried using JoytoKey as suggested?
« Last Edit: 2020-05-02 23:24:20 by Khrone »

jons

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: 2020-05-03 01:12:31 »
Hey guys, I noticed new threat works perfectly on 2.0. So I wanted to try out the translation overhaul and realized it wasn't available on 7h. Is there any plans for the beacause translation to come to 7h?

Khrone

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: 2020-05-03 11:16:49 »
Hey guys, I noticed new threat works perfectly on 2.0. So I wanted to try out the translation overhaul and realized it wasn't available on 7h. Is there any plans for the beacause translation to come to 7h?

You can find the answer here:
https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19586.0

Meical

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: 2020-05-03 16:31:38 »
Has anyone else had a crash happen when you get the PHS for the first time?  As soon as the menu opens and you try to select a character there is a crash.

Fireflew

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: 2020-05-04 01:43:04 »
Got a consistent hard crash at the Nibelheim flashback sequence using 7th Heaven.

It's right at the part where you are in the truck with Sephiroth and get attacked (by a dragon if I recall) then it cuts to black, you hear the battle sound + music and it just stays on a black screen.

Tried going through the sequence turning off each mod and then with all mods turned off and the crash still happens...

Is there anyway to fix this? Can't progress the game at all at the moment.

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #370 on: 2020-05-04 05:07:06 »
Got a consistent hard crash at the Nibelheim flashback sequence using 7th Heaven.
I've not heard of this before from anyone and seems to work for me. The fact that you said you're trying without mods and it still crashes, suggests an issue with your game installation. Have you tried running the ff7.exe or ff7_en.exe by itself outside of 7H? You could also possibly use Black Chocobo to edit your save file to skip past that moment but it may be difficult because it is a scripted scene. You may need to copy your save game file between the 1998 (FF7\save\) and Steam versions (Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII Steam\user_xxx) in order for one exe or the other to "see" your save.

Has anyone else had a crash happen when you get the PHS for the first time?  As soon as the menu opens and you try to select a character there is a crash.
I experienced that on a very, very early non-public release of a UI mod. Of course, always make sure your mods are up to date, but you can typically disable them until you find the culprit then contact the mod author for assistance.

You've been given countless things to try from numerous people. I got the vibe you were too busy complaining to actually try the suggestions offered to you as one of them is bound to work. With that said, 7H 2.1 is changing how it handles controls. That may actually be a bad thing for you and make the problem worse, I can't say. It may fix everything. You stated 1.x worked, so just use that for the time being. You can run 99.9% of all mods in exactly the same way.

I am having the same problem. I think I see what you are talking about but not exactly sure what to do. under ff7 exe i see ff7 folder. under movies i see no folder. under textures i see no folder. under library i see a folder temp. PLEASE HELP. I been messing with this for the last 2 days I am about to give up.

I'm sorry you're having issues, and on a normal installation 7H will automatically set these for you. Something would have gotten hosed up in your registry. You might have saved yourself a lot of time and frustration if you started with looking at the Help documentation first (which I recommend everyone always do first). Click Help in the menu bar (where Play, Settings, Tools, Help are). Click "Using 7th Heaven" and go to section 4. Settings>General Settings. You'll see a screenshot of what the settings normally look like as well as a description of each. If one or more of the folders don't exist, you can manually create them first, then select them from 7H.

Is anyone getting the following error:
"Fail to load BTCE.yos"

This happens when I start a new game or load a saved game
It only occurs when I turn on the Field Textures from Qhimm.
Please report the Qhimm Catalog mod issues in this thread so Alyza investigate and fix the issue: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15902.0

After some quick on/off active switch changes, turns out the battle will only crash if my Battle Models mods are on. I'm using the 'ninostyle' model option for Cloud. I fiddled around with a few options (like turning off Shinra Soldier changes, weapon changes, different Cloud models) and the most I got was the battle screen loaded with nothing on it and promptly froze.

Since the issue is with the Qhimm mods, see my previous response above. Also, it is a good idea to make sure your load order is correct to prevent a lot of mod-related issues. Click the "auto sort" button on the right (the one with the 1/9 and up/down arrows).

unab0mb

• 7th Heaven Crew
    • View Profile
    • 7th Heaven Web Site
« Reply #371 on: 2020-05-04 07:18:13 »

It's right at the part where you are in the truck with Sephiroth and get attacked (by a dragon if I recall) then it cuts to black, you hear the battle sound + music and it just stays on a black screen.

Tried going through the sequence turning off each mod and then with all mods turned off and the crash still happens...

Is there anyway to fix this? Can't progress the game at all at the moment.

I looked into this a little more for you. Open up Black Chocobo and open up your last save game just before your crash. Make sure your game moment/main progression is LESS than 384 (Game Progress tab) and then go to the Location tab.

On the location tab, check the little box at the top that says "save location changes" and double click on the field called "nivgate". If you can't find it, sort the list alphabetically by clicking the "filename" column at the top. Click File>Save and go back into the game and load the save. You'll pretty much be right where you left off after the battle with only missing Cloud mentioning he was mesmerized by how strong Sephiroth is.

OatBran

• moop all day skeent all night
    • View Profile
    • Discord
« Reply #372 on: 2020-05-04 07:30:43 »
I am mesmerized by your commitment to this community unab0mb  :lol:

Fireflew

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: 2020-05-05 01:09:11 »
Thanks unab0mb! Very grateful for you taking the time to help me with this!

I think the problem actually ended up being an issue related to the save file itself. As I managed to find someone elses save just after Midgar and edited across all my stats/equipment manually from my save and the crash didn't occur. Very odd indeed... Would love to know how and why my original save got corrupted like that.

stir472

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: 2020-05-05 04:57:36 »
Hi guys, I have a problem, the installation works perfectly for me, but how can I translate ff vii into Spanish? nice, and epic works guys!