Author Topic: [FF7PC] ChaOS -Character Overhaul Seven  (Read 496878 times)

Rirse

• View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/Rirse
Re: Improved and added unshaded characters
« Reply #150 on: 2013-07-05 15:11:44 »
Sorry all but... this mods is for FF7 steam version? ::)

Yeah I got it working on the Steam verison by extracting all the files from char.lgp using the lgptools.exe, then copying everything from the newest workprint to the folder and then recompiling it. Works great, even there are some random NPCs in the opening train ride and post bombing run that using the old sprites.

dragon84

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2013-07-06 17:56:47 »
Can I use this mod with bootleg?

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2013-07-06 17:57:39 »
This mod is not currently in Bootleg. It will probably be in the next release.

dragon84

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2013-07-06 17:59:06 »
Yeah but I mean, can I install both without problems?

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2013-07-06 18:00:49 »
This mod is not incompatible with any others, so yes. Whichever ones you use will obviously overwrite the ones already there though.

Rirse

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2013-07-06 18:50:15 »
One thing I have to ask. I saw eariler in the thread mentions of "only four unshaded models remaining" and such. Were the files here suppose to get merged with another existing mod, like the old NPC Reconstruction Project, or it is stand alone. I already got it working and such and it looks good, but as mentioned in my last post, saw a few random NPCs in the first town and train that weren't finish and others that were.

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2013-07-06 19:27:26 »
One thing I have to ask. I saw eariler in the thread mentions of "only four unshaded models remaining" and such. Were the files here suppose to get merged with another existing mod, like the old NPC Reconstruction Project, or it is stand alone. I already got it working and such and it looks good, but as mentioned in my last post, saw a few random NPCs in the first town and train that weren't finish and others that were.

I have uploaded a version of this mod packed along with several others including textures and models from the Phoenix Rejuvenation Project and the Avalanche Hi-Res Overhaul Link to the release page.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-08 06:57:16 by Template »

Rirse

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2013-07-07 20:54:20 »
I have uploaded a version of this mod packed along with several others including textures and models from the Phoenix Rejuvenation Project and the Avalanche Hi-Res Overhaul. It is available for download HERE.

Link to the release page.

Thank you, that seem to plug the missing NPCs that weren't showing any changes.

One minor thing about this mod that I am having issues with. Everyone looks good, but for some reason Cloud's left eye is always shut, be it overworld or in battle.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2013-07-07 21:17:29 »
Thank you, that seem to plug the missing NPCs that weren't showing any changes.

One minor thing about this mod that I am having issues with. Everyone looks good, but for some reason Cloud's left eye is always shut, be it overworld or in battle.

Thanks for reporting that, the issue was apparently just an error in the package and has been addressed. The link below will have the latest version of the STEAM/unconverted pack, which includes this thread's models.

Any further questions about that package, and not about the Unshaded Models from this project thread should be referred to the HQ Models and Textures for Unconverted Re-Release Thread. Kaldarasha's thread should really only be for issues that specifically relate to his models. I used this thread to reference the STEAM package I made because Kaldarasha deserves to be credited but has given me the OK to share them.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-08 07:00:31 by Template »

Jolmer

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2013-07-08 00:46:36 »
I registered just to post in this thread. I installed this and its great. However Clouds field model is missing a left eye. Like its either just gone or its stuck blinking for some reason. Its bothering me a lot. Everything else is perfect. Help? Using Steam FF7.

---

I really need help on this. Im frustrated. It took me a long time to figure out how to unpack and repack the char file and now everything looks great except that Cloud has one eye. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. Thanks. Ill check back here tomorrow.

--

So i unpacked my flevel and replaced the files with yours and....the eye is still missing. Idk if i did something wrong.

--

Okay so I did it again replacing those files in the flevel with the ones you gave me and the eye is still missing. Stumped and frustrated.

--

Sorry for like the 6th post in a row but I finally got both eyes on his stupid face. I used the char file stuff from that last post of yours and hes got a full face now. Thanks for the mod. Its pretty good.

=== Halkun Edit ===
Edit your posts dude, don't double post!
« Last Edit: 2013-07-08 02:49:31 by halkun »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2013-07-08 13:36:32 »

The battle model isn't done jet, but thats how Yuffie will look.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #161 on: 2013-07-08 17:43:28 »

The battle model isn't done jet, but thats how Yuffie will look.

I "applaud" you for this  ;)

Rirse

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2013-07-08 20:49:13 »
The Yuffie model looks awesome. I do like how this mod redoes the chibi, but still keep in the general style of the game instead of randomly inserting Cloud from Advent Children in the game and it standing out badly.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2013-07-14 12:25:31 »
I've uploaded a new Cloud Battle Stance animation add-on pack. I think it's less distracting. What do you think Kaldarasha? I took out the interpolation so it's normal speed again and I made his foot stop twitching. The hands could use some work. Getting there, maybe? After I was happy with this... I then proceeded to piss away my morning learning how to make a GIF have a website make me a GIF and get it to play on the forum lol  :roll:

If it looks like the original, yay, it's supposed to. The idea was to rearrange his waist bone so his butt wasn't sticking way out. So I basically had to break the animation and then fix it again. If that doesn't look acceptable, there's an extra folder in UMC 2.1 with Cloud's default animation.
If you are new to Kaldarasha's Unshaded Models Collection, here is an easy install pack:
Download UMC 2.1 Here
« Last Edit: 2013-07-21 05:32:48 by Template »

Acetrouble

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2013-07-15 19:54:18 »
Hi!

First of I would like to thank Kaldarasha for creating this fine mod! It just fits the game's overall art direction so well, you can barely tell it's not made by Square Enix. Plus, I love how this mod is kind of middle-of-the-road, it's more realistic, but not to Advent Children extent and retains most of the original characters' charm.

Also, it works fine with the recently released Steam edition (well, disables cloud saving and achievements, but not a big deal to me).

However, just one thing I noticed: The part after Aerith got abducted and you meet her "mother" in her house and you get to see that flashback story of how she found Aerith at the train station? When those random people get off the train it has the original and modded character models kinda mixed up. Well, at least for me.

This is the part I'm referring to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hjVFW7F0v0&t=7m15s

When I view it, the red-haired woman for example is the original character model, while the dude/boyfriend who lifts her up is the modded one. Looks hilarious  ;)

Just me, or is this a known "glitch"?

Kind regards
Josh

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2013-07-15 20:45:04 »
The part after Aerith got abducted and you meet her "mother" in her house and you get to see that flashback story of how she found Aerith at the train station? When those random people get off the train it has the original and modded character models kinda mixed up. Well, at least for me.

When I view it, the red-haired woman for example is the original character model, while the dude/boyfriend who lifts her up is the modded one. Looks hilarious  ;)
Well, I just looked at this scene (kinda funny scene) and didn't notice anything out of place... You aren't referring to how the woman lifts up the old man that gets off the train? I don't think that's what you meant. So the girl being lifted up in that animation is a chibi with block/hands feet? Which download version of the UMC did you use?

Acetrouble

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2013-07-15 22:09:16 »
Well, I just looked at this scene (kinda funny scene) and didn't notice anything out of place... You aren't referring to how the woman lifts up the old man that gets off the train? I don't think that's what you meant. So the girl being lifted up in that animation is a chibi with block/hands feet? Which download version of the UMC did you use?

Hi!

I'm using version 2.7

Yeah, now that you mention it, I think that old man who gets lifted up is chibi in my version, but, like I said, that red-haired woman, too.

Kind regards
Josh
« Last Edit: 2013-07-15 22:40:42 by Acetrouble »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2013-07-16 08:04:17 »

Comparison to the previous (current) model:

I hope the battle model will go fast, without any problems... :|

@Acetrouble
This project is far away from completeness, it's more a improvement and addition to the PRP models (with the one from Squallff8's).
Actually I've never planed to make it this far and I have doubts that I could finish it (well maybe sometime, next year :-P).

@Template
The left arm is OK now, but not the right one. It's impossible for an human being to hold a sword like this. I guess correcting the hip is enough (work, if you correct the other animations of cloud, too). So leave the look of the arms as they are by default.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #168 on: 2013-07-16 11:00:34 »

Comparison to the previous (current) model:

I hope the battle model will go fast, without any problems... :|

Mmmm, Vincent  :)

Rirse

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2013-07-17 04:44:33 »
Can't wait for you to get the battle models for them ready. Who is missing a battle model at this point anyway?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2013-07-19 09:22:55 »
So, I guess I'm done with the main characters, now. Only some minor things I need to settle up.
Well, I'll try to make this compatible with the 7thWrapper. However I will also release a flevel.lgp which will
enable some extra models and, that's actually the real good part, the models have a proper size to the background.
I recommend to use Tough Script to dump the text of your current flevel and encode then the text to the new flevel.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2013-07-19 16:19:14 »
I'm not sure, but I guess I will need the whole weekend for this.  :|
It's much more to do as I have expected.

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #172 on: 2013-07-20 02:23:21 »
Hey, I've been following your project for awhile now and I really like how your improved models are turning out. Your Vincent is the best I've seen yet. Actually the only notes I can offer is that the sword Cloud and Zack carry on their back is flipped. You have it blade down when it's usually blade up. It may just be personal preference, and it's mostly just a minor detail, but if you were to really draw a sword off your back in that position it would be upside down in your hand.

Template

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2013-07-20 20:45:53 »
It may just be personal preference, and it's mostly just a minor detail, but if you were to really draw a sword off your back in that position it would be upside down in your hand.
To me, this is totally insignificant and I would never notice. But Kaldarasha is probably pissed about this...  :-P

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #174 on: 2013-07-20 21:11:42 »
It's pretty minor, it just looked weird to me. In that position you'd have to draw the sword at your waist line and pull it out far enough to clear your body, which is totally not possible with something like the Buster sword unless your Inspector Gadget or Stretch Armstrong. That kind of draw can work for wakizashi or tanto sized weapons, but you'd probably lose a leg with a long sword.

It's incredibly easy to fix, just rotate the sword 180 on the Z axis and adjust the distance from his back if it moves it closer or farther out. Plus you only have to correct it on one model and just load it into every other sword wearing model. Probably take 20 minutes total.