Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4884495 times)

Mithrain

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.4)
« Reply #2925 on: 2016-03-24 09:09:08 »
You get at least one forced encounter with it during the story, and another during some optional shit. But yeah, you  can flee from it. I had to reset after killing it as well, it was just silly how easy it was killed, I mean shit, you can kill it as soon as you get the buggy.

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: 2016-03-24 11:23:02 »
Edit : I'm editing cause it might be intended. Is the fight in the sleeping man cave supposed to happen or did SC forgot to remove it ?
« Last Edit: 2016-03-24 11:29:44 by aquecoucou »

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: 2016-03-24 13:10:38 »
It's very much NOT intended. If you decide to kill it, you will see why. (Make sure you save beforehand, you will want to have a game to load from)

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: 2016-03-24 13:21:46 »
Is it really possible ? I mean doesn't it hit for 9999 ignoring defenses ? Welp I'll give it a try later if it's possible :)

Dyrak

• View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: 2016-03-24 14:24:06 »
Hi Chief!

Is it possible to install 1.4 directly from 1.35 or do I need to reinstall the whole thing?

Thanks!

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: 2016-03-24 16:21:29 »
I havent really gotten that far into 1.4, but does anybody know Clouds innate or is it not implemented yet?

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: 2016-03-24 19:45:27 »
Hi Chief!

Is it possible to install 1.4 directly from 1.35 or do I need to reinstall the whole thing?

Thanks!

Segabro is having a few more days off/vacation I believe. But yes, you can install directly ontop of 1.35, however; if you had the custom.exe enabled, you're better off reinstalling ff7 first. (Sega linked to a patch to fix it, but that didn't work for me.)

I havent really gotten that far into 1.4, but does anybody know Clouds innate or is it not implemented yet?

Should be the same as in 1.35, that being said, I can't recall if I ever saw a battle message stating it had procced.

lex9227

• View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: 2016-03-24 20:16:48 »
There is a huge glitch, I'm in Nibelheim and when I'm going to fight with the soldiers appears a claw with a message that said "Level Check Debug" , I found the way to kill him but when I do it give me 99999999 of exp, I dont want to be so early with this level there something that I could do to dont have this glitch or avoid it of something else? I am at level 37
« Last Edit: 2016-03-24 20:20:59 by lex9227 »

BertShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: 2016-03-24 20:21:33 »
There is a huge glitch, I'm in Nibelheim and when I'm going to fight with the soldiers appears a claw with a message that said "Level Check Debug" , I found the way to kill him but when I do it give me 99999999 of exp, I dont want to be so early with this level there something that I could do to dont have this glitch or avoid of something else? I am at level 37

I'm in the same point, but i Can¡t kill the claw, instead, he kills me XDD. So, if you want to go inside the Mansion you have to beat that monster and, off course, grinder like a monster. I don't want it. Someone knows how I fix it??

F**k! If you run away the REAL battle againts the soldiers starts

Cheers!
« Last Edit: 2016-03-24 20:39:05 by BertShadow »

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: 2016-03-24 20:38:43 »
Segabro is having a few more days off/vacation I believe. But yes, you can install directly ontop of 1.35, however; if you had the custom.exe enabled, you're better off reinstalling ff7 first. (Sega linked to a patch to fix it, but that didn't work for me.)

Should be the same as in 1.35, that being said, I can't recall if I ever saw a battle message stating it had procced.

I hope its not, since Sega did mention in one of his 1.4 boss run vids, that he has something special in mind for Clouds innate.
Edit: Sega mentions it in a comment, in his Aps boss fight.

I'm in the same point, but i Can¡t kill the claw, instead, he kills me XDD. So, if you want to go inside the Mansion you have to beat that monster and, off course, grinder like a monster. I don't want it. Someone knows how I fix it??

Cheers!

Just flee this fight, thats what i did.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-24 20:51:55 by deha0002 »

aquecoucou

• View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: 2016-03-24 22:22:50 »
I hope its not, since Sega did mention in one of his 1.4 boss run vids, that he has something special in mind for Clouds innate.
Edit: Sega mentions it in a comment, in his Aps boss fight.

The readme file has been updated for 1.4 as the Tifa & Aerith innates were updated but ... Cloud's innate is missing.

I'm 100% sure there was nothing mentioning Cloud's innate in 1.4 unlike other characters. Even the different tutorials in sector 7. I can't even recall what was Cloud's innate in 1.35 :/

varzael

• View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: 2016-03-24 23:35:51 »
Folks, I'm having a weird issue,

after applying the "revert-to-1.35-exe" patch and applying the 1.4 patch, FFVII won't start: it launches into a black screen, the sound of the Squaresoft logo sounds (chocobos' gallopping) and then nothing. It won't even accept a minimize or ctrl+alt+del and only a hard reset is possible.

After that, I uninstalled, re-installed and applied the 1.4 from scratch and the same thing happened again. The 1.35 was running fine however... Might you have any idea as to what could be causing this?

Miacis

• View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: 2016-03-25 00:31:40 »
Hello there, I'm yet another newcomer to this mod for 1.4. So far, I'm quite liking it, and I wanted to share a couple remarks to the author:

* It seems that exiting the save screen before the motorcycle minigame will trigger the Rubicante GT fight immediately (then boot you back to the prep/controls screen).

* I'll say that Aeris's healing staves are super good and between that and potions restoring 300 HP, it's quite hard to consider using up MP on single Cures during boss fights.

* I am a bit sad that the fancy Set/Build names from the 1.35 ReadMe are now gone. It was good flavor and I hope they come back eventually.

This would be my second playthrough ever of FF7, and it's been pretty enjoyable so far. It makes me feel smart for preparing well without making me search through spreadsheets and FAQs, so kudos on that.  :)

BertShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: 2016-03-25 02:37:01 »
It's possible to defeat Powersoul Keeper the first time you go to Mount Nibel?? I said it because, after been dominating the battle, the boss became crazy and wipe out my party with one hit (6.000 to Tifa, deal with it).

In defeated it in the version 1.35 the first time I went to Mount Nibel but, this time looks crazy the boss.

Cheers!

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: 2016-03-25 02:40:09 »
It's possible to defeat Powersoul Keeper the first time you go to Mount Nibel?? I said it because, after been dominating the battle, the boss became crazy and wipe out my party with one hit (6.000 to Tifa, deal with it).

In defeated it in the version 1.35 the first time I went to Mount Nibel but, this time looks crazy the boss.

Cheers!

It's very much possible, yes. :)

BertShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2940 on: 2016-03-25 03:47:38 »
It's very much possible, yes. :)

How?

I know it possible but I had 9 fails againts him. The first battle he didn't cause me death in my group, sometimes the AoE attack kills Tifa and sometimes not. The f***cking same with Soul Combo, sometimes kills me Cloud or Tifa, sometimes not. Is pure RNG this battle!

I'm level 40 and Tifa with his Leve 3 limit, I'm not bad at level... something is wrong and I want to know.

Cheers!

Mithrain

• View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: 2016-03-25 04:56:11 »
I honestly cannot remember exactly how it went. Just know that you can poison and slow. That and exploit its weakness to earth, by slapping earth element into your phys attackers' weapons. Do this, and keep barriers/healing up during the rapephase it has and you'll be golden.

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: 2016-03-25 05:47:11 »
How?

I know it possible but I had 9 fails againts him. The first battle he didn't cause me death in my group, sometimes the AoE attack kills Tifa and sometimes not. The f***cking same with Soul Combo, sometimes kills me Cloud or Tifa, sometimes not. Is pure RNG this battle!

I'm level 40 and Tifa with his Leve 3 limit, I'm not bad at level... something is wrong and I want to know.

Cheers!

When he goes into rage phase, make sure to remove all debuffs from him apart from slow, since he deals 2x for each. For an ex. i made sure that his doom countdown was near the end when i got him to around 7-5k hp, and then i removed poison aswell. Another tip is use yuffie ( and Cid if you get him and then return i guess) since yuffie can dodge almost 100% of the time, aswell as Cid when you get his luck up during battle.

PS: Am playin a minimal exp run, aka just boss fights and mandatory fights. I beat him with a lvl 28 -30 party so it is possible.

BertShadow

• View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: 2016-03-25 06:10:01 »
When he goes into rage phase, make sure to remove all debuffs from him apart from slow, since he deals 2x for each. For an ex. i made sure that his doom countdown was near the end when i got him to around 7-5k hp, and then i removed poison aswell. Another tip is use yuffie ( and Cid if you get him and then return i guess) since yuffie can dodge almost 100% of the time, aswell as Cid when you get his luck up during battle.

PS: Am playin a minimal exp run, aka just boss fights and mandatory fights. I beat him with a lvl 28 -30 party so it is possible.

THAT! That is the data I needed.

Tomorrow will die. Thanks so much.

Cheers!

Damned

• View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: 2016-03-25 06:30:14 »
Got to see a couple of videos of this mod by GarlandtheGreat on Youtube. I must say I am very impressed by this and would like to recommend a few improvements to truly make this the ultimate conversion mod.

1. I'm sure everyone on this site is aware of the original translation's rather mediocre quality. The Reunion mod fixes this, however it is sadly not compatible with your mod. I would suggest, whenever you make your last version of this mod, to ensure that it is 100% compatible with The Reunion (At least the translation part). This would fix a major flaw in the original game and make this mod just that much more enjoyable.

2. Since your mod already spruces up the graphics a tad (Which you said was the original goal of this mod via altering palettes correct?), how about the sound effects as well? There is already a sound effects project going on that, sadly, seems to have been abandoned, but perhaps you, or someone else who is an audio expert, could continue the project...

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10237.0

3. The chest in the attic in Kalm that says something along the lines of "Locked...can't open it". I believe originally it was planned to have a Golem Summon Materia inside the chest, but the sidequest got cut. If the chest isn't already being used, perhaps a sidequest could be added that gives a key to open that chest and obtain the materia as a reward.

4. Perhaps in the new game plus, you could add back the Master Magic / Summon / Command materia, just so the Materia Overlord (Just about the only achievement where any amount of effort is needed.) could be acquired? Perhaps another suggestion would be to add in custom made achievements and a cool reward could be obtained once all of them are completed.

At the very least, please consider points 1 and 2. To prove to you how passionate I am about FFVII, and about how serious I am with wanting to see the re-translation + remastered SFX in this game, I am willing to donate a considerable amount of money via your donate link if that is what it would take.

Please at the very least respond back to my post even if you don't wish to incorporate any of what I said above. If anyone else has any thoughts they would like to share on my ideas, by all means, feel free to do so.

EDIT: Altered my suggestions after researching the Steam version and how to mod music a bit.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-27 23:35:18 by Damned »

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: 2016-03-25 07:39:19 »
sega's already made script modifications so im pretty sure you havent actually played the thing

Gatchaman

• View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: 2016-03-25 08:34:39 »
Hey Damned - I'm not sure what you've seen already, but check out "Anxious Heart" under audio mods on this same forum to change the music in the game (compatible with most other mods, including this one). It has a few remixes already included, but if you want to use other tracks, you can probably swap them in the files if you take a look around.
The default settings replace the MIDI tracks with .ogg files, which is worth it even if you can't figure out a way to get your favourite remixes!
I don't think swapping the music in-game in a menu would be a remotely easy thing to do, but AH gives everybody control over the songs they want anyway.

There are other graphics mods on this forum too, lots of which should be compatible with this one (if you install in the right order), but I'm not so up on this stuff as I prefer to keep the default graphics.

I hope this is helpful.

Damned

• View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: 2016-03-25 15:04:13 »
I took a look at that "Anxious Heart" and it appears that it only offers SOME remixed tracks, not all. Not to mention, it doesn't touch sound effects either. Lastly, I'm not sure how exactly I would swap them, as from what limited research I have done, apparently the tracks need to be edited manually to loop properly. The most I have ever played around with audio software is converting tracks from one format to another using Foobar2000. I have no idea how to do anything beyond that. Thinking back on what I said, I do agree programming a menu would probably not be worth it, perhaps the arranged tracks SFX could be offered the same way that optional world model mod could be, with already properly formatted files to just drop into the music folder.

In the worst case scenario, I could always ask Bitsymphony to make properly edited files to drop into my music folder. He is such a nice guy (For one he actually PMs you back when you PM him on Youtube, truly a rarity!) I'm sure he would be willing to if I ask him.

I'm also serious about my monetary contribution if that is what it would take. Just thought I would restate that.

eXistenZe

• View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: 2016-03-25 15:17:54 »
Wait for 7th heaven to be updated and try it. It has sound effects mods. And dozens of other compatible mods. For now it's nt 1.35, but he will update it.

And NT script that keeps field music instead of battle music is a major change to the whole music experience.
« Last Edit: 2016-03-25 15:20:29 by eXistenZe »

Damned

• View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: 2016-03-25 15:31:30 »
I thought the only SFX mod was the one I linked to. May I ask for a link to these other ones?