Author Topic: FFVII Install problem. Please help.  (Read 2168 times)

Doctor Obviously

FFVII Install problem. Please help.
« on: 2011-04-04 18:53:53 »
Hello everyone. I tried to use the search bar but apparently it doesn't seem to work at this time due to "high stress".

I heard about the pack of patches bundled nicely in one install for FFVII, so I went to this website, downloaded it, and I tried to install my copy of FFVII. Unfortunately, it does not seem to work. When I push the first disk in, it installs, nothing to worry about, but when I get towards a 100% completion I get the following text:

I hope you guys can read it.

What can I do about this? I really want to re-experience the game on a PC platform.

Thank you in advance.

Tarts

• View Profile
Re: FFVII Install problem. Please help.
« Reply #1 on: 2011-04-04 19:17:35 »
Did you try to just press "OK"? I think that message appeared at that point when I was installing the game too, so maybe it's the same with everyone.
« Last Edit: 2011-04-04 19:26:16 by Tarts »

Doctor Obviously

« Reply #2 on: 2011-04-04 20:52:51 »
Yes, I did click the OK button, but then everything stopped. I put the second disc in and nothing happens.

AxisXIViral

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-04-09 13:17:40 »
The message is normal, and is not a sign of anything going wrong. What exactly do you mean by nothing happens? From what I remember, the game doesn't auto-launch when you insert the CD, you actually have to hit the shortcut and start it. Have you tried that?

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-04-14 08:13:29 »
dood, the first disc is an install disk. The other three are for playing the actual game. Once that message appears it means the install is done. In other word there is absolutely nothing wrong. Run the exe in the install directory with the first game disk in.