Author Topic: So weapons anyone?  (Read 58003 times)

ice_cold513

• View Profile
Re: So weapons anyone?
« Reply #50 on: 2007-04-11 21:47:57 »
andrewmarsh13

I got one for you

See your Kadaj's sword what if you flip the one blade so it like. ()
Nice work so far

To Jari
Good too see your holding back

To 1337_grim
You are using a lot of IM chat in your post's

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007-04-11 22:11:43 »
Ooooh, I really like that idea, I might work on that right now actually

Jari

« Reply #52 on: 2007-04-11 22:43:05 »
ice_cold513: My what?

EDIT: I don't think that you are in a position to judge anyone, seeing that you still haven't heard of punctuation. Not to mention several other things related to English. So, I'd really, really suggest that you shut the fuck up.
« Last Edit: 2007-04-11 22:47:05 by Jari »

Wintermute

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007-04-12 00:40:09 »
I think you misunderstood him. I guess what he really meant was:
"It is good to see that you are holding yourself back."

But this is a prime example why people should at least try to write in full English to avoid such situations. Since the internet is depending on written language only, you can't judge your counterpart's gestures or manner of speaking and thus this could lead to misunderstandings.

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007-04-12 01:03:38 »
Oooh! I got an idea! How about we take all off-topic english debate to PMs so we can stay on topic in this thread?

Speaking of on-topic:

I hope this will not look like total garbage in-game.

**EDIT**

The Helix-Blade
« Last Edit: 2007-04-12 01:51:32 by andrewmarsh13 »

Jari

« Reply #55 on: 2007-04-12 02:34:54 »
Wintermute: Oh, I understood him quite well. I just don't tolerate it.

andrewmarsh13: If needed I'll split the meta to another thread.

Oh, dear ice_cold513; we are discussing about introducing short term bans. Should work well for people are just too lazy. Intentionally break rules: one week ban. Intentionally break rules again, two week ban. Intentionally break the fucking rules yet again, four week ban. And so forth. Eventually even the most stubborn people learn. Or will simply be kept in check by being constantly banned.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007-04-12 09:23:00 »
Nice there andrewmarsh13

Thank you for showing that sword. What that hand thing?

Say when i restart doing my Sephiroth patch
Can i use some of your sword's?

andrewmarsh13
I'm willing to respect your wishes

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007-04-12 09:53:00 »
Awesome work andrew I'll have those ingame in a day or two. But i wanted to mention although your modeling and texture work is fantastic, your uv mapping is quite inefficient and was wandering if next time you make a model you could send it to me to map. Because as is there far to big, as in that by the time i stretch a 512x512 texture out to fit ingame it becomes 2048x512 so i don't lose image quality but the .bmp becomes 1mb and seeing as each character has about eleven weapons it becomes quite large quite quickly if you can see where I'm going with this.

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007-04-12 17:26:33 »
Nice there andrewmarsh13

Thank you for showing that sword. What that hand thing?

Say when i restart doing my Sephiroth patch
Can i use some of your sword's?

The hand thing is the Dual Hound from Advent Children... well kinda'. It will be for Tifa. All three weapons used by Kadaj's Gang will be in the game.
Dual Hound- Tifa
Velvet Nightmare- Vincent
Souba- Cloud

As far as you using any of them, I don't know yet. We have to see which ones get used in the mod that I'm working with squeeble on.

squueble- Sure, I'll start sending you models to map. I've never really been all that great at UV mapping.
« Last Edit: 2007-04-12 17:54:59 by andrewmarsh13 »

Rancid Cheese

• Uhh this Cheese ain't fresh at all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007-04-12 23:58:24 »
Nice stuff, Loz's "Dual Hound" seems to be coming along.

How about Barret's mega hand cannon and even the metal hand it starts of as instead of the <weapon name here> :? he runs up and smacks them with, the spike ball one . . .  :|

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007-04-13 01:04:35 »
Yeah, I plan on making all weapons from Advent Children present in the game. They will probably be all of the character's final weapons, with the exception of Tifa, because she just used leather gloves. So yeah, Barret will have the new cannon arm, Cloud already has the First Sword, Vincent will probably just get something from DoC because I really don't think there's a clear shot of his gun in the movie, so on and so forth.

**Edit**
No screens for it yet, but I'm finally working on Zack's Sword from Crisis Core

« Last Edit: 2007-04-15 00:35:54 by andrewmarsh13 »

Rancid Cheese

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007-04-15 19:52:46 »
 :-o

WANT!

Psychotic Ninja

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007-04-15 23:31:01 »
I got a weapon idea. I'm not sure how to explane it but ill give it a shot. (video to show you what i want if needed). you know the dagger looking weapon that can be attached to the first sword (ac sword that cloud uses). it'll be cool to use that. (i could probaly do it with the tatorial (sp) that squeeble made). If your not sure what i'm talking about here's the video i promised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCjGvIJzk6k just stop at 6 seconds and look to your right. (cloud's left)

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007-04-15 23:40:25 »
Yeah but it might not look right ingame coz it's a one handed weapon, and cloud holds everything with two hand in FF7 so it might be a bit small. Definitely worth a try though.

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #64 on: 2007-04-16 07:19:47 »
Yeah but it might not look right ingame coz it's a one handed weapon, and cloud holds everything with two hand in FF7 so it might be a bit small. Definitely worth a try though.
Wouldnt it be against storyline if cloud has in FF7 the weapons he has in AC?

B Tizo

• Reliving the Fantasy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007-04-16 07:32:19 »
I don't really think the goal of recreating weapons is to remain with the "storyline."  What's the fun of adding mods if you have to stay within the story?  For example: Playing as Sephiroth or using Zak.  It's all for fun.  And, who doesn't want to see Aeris wielding a double light saber?

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2007-04-16 07:49:54 »
Thats a damn good point there B Tizo but it probly wont fit anyway but it's worth a shot. But as for field and such I'm trying to get proper FF7 stuff.

B Tizo

• Reliving the Fantasy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007-04-16 09:07:32 »
Thank you very much!  I'm loving all the screens I'm seeing from your mod's progress.  I can't wait for the release!  I hope your little "competition" nets you some quality people and helps facilitate the mod's release. 

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007-04-16 09:28:52 »
Yeah me too XD. Afterwards id love to do some sort of battlefield mod, if anyone has seen the attack on midgar in DOC thats what i would be after, minus the top end graphics :lol:..

Ace266

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2007-04-16 10:52:37 »
for clouds weapons you might look into Aurons Weapons for some inspiration as well as some of the weapons in FFXII

Cid - Also FFXII has some lance type weapons too

Vincent - FFXI has some gun type weapons, also FFX2 has some gun weapons as well, Dirge of Cerberus as well
(I'm starting to think about what monsters could be put in for his transformations, I know his flame and chaos forms are on Dirge of Cerberus, don't know about others)

Tifa - at the moment I'm thinking FFXI might be the only newer game to be able to get High res weapons

Cait Sith and Red XIII might be a lost cause lol or custom onlys

Yuffie - Her kingdom hearts weapons

Aeries (too tired to remember spelling...) - FFXII has some staff weappons, FFX & FFX2 do

Barrett - I suppose you could just cut off the handle of other large guns and strap it to his arm (lol)

(I haven't played FFXI so I have no clue about its weapons)
Also here is a weapon from XI I just found a screenshot of that looks very similar to one you guys were playing with

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/ahturhgan/equipment/algol.html

Rancid Cheese

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2007-04-16 11:36:23 »
Ace266:
I don't think anyone's found a way to get the models out of Dirge yet what with it not being supported by the PS2 emulator but maybe someday . . .

Pity there's no way to change the battle poses then . . .

Although you could just increase the scale of it and anyone who moans about it doesn't get the download link  :-D
« Last Edit: 2007-04-16 11:39:10 by Rancid Cheese »

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2007-04-16 19:17:14 »
Wouldnt it be against storyline if cloud has in FF7 the weapons he has in AC?

Well the way I figured it would work out is that everyone could get their weapons from AC, but they would be their Ultimate weapons. So that way, the weapon they end up with at the end of the game is the weapon they have in AC.

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2007-04-16 22:47:13 »
I'm almost done with Cloud's weapons. Here's one I call Thanatos:

**EDIT**
Crap! I hit reply instead of Modify... my bad.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2007-04-16 23:39:38 »
Heres my idea for a weapon, the hammer from super smash bros melee XD, instead of the nail bat. :-D Nice work by the way.

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2007-04-17 00:40:02 »
That's funny, because I was thinking of making a hammer anyways. Squeeble... you're going to hate me for this hammer, but I have to use a big texture file for it, I tried shrinking it and it made it look like crap. But anyhoo, here's the Smash Hammer: