Author Topic: New Characters Portraits From Advent Children  (Read 17317 times)

Hyunckel

• View Profile
New Characters Portraits From Advent Children
« on: 2007-04-13 07:44:34 »
Hi everybody!
I made this little file through the night, using photoshop, after having screenshooted (?) FFVII:Advent Children, great movie by the way.

I did everything to take the best quality screenshots, and if possible the characters to be looking toward the same direction on the new portrait, only Cid and Chocobo are not looking to the former direction... I managed to get a great CaitSith avatar from Dirge Of Cerberus.

One problem; i did a patch using LGPTools, but it is useless, so as Wuz i did an executable, but some icons are corrupted this way.

SO , i just put the BMP files of the portraits in the archive.

Instructions:
Unpack the archive with AlZip/WinZip/WinRar .
Open your Menu_us.lgp with LGPTools, and simply right click on any of the characters names (see below) in menu-us.LGP to Replace them (with right click) with the appropriates included in this archive. No need to convert these BMP 8bit to tex, LGPTools handle this alone.

Advantage:
You can choose wich one you want (from me or Wuz) , if you want to keep the originals you also can. Or take some portraits made by Wuz and me and let some originals too ... YOU decide what to do . In fact i first made an auto install but there was errors...

menu_us.lgp names from left to right: (.tex)
cloud, barre, tifa, earith, red, ketc, cido, bins, yufi, pcefi, pcloud, choco.

Before:

After:

Ingame screenshot:

By the way how can i put pictures in this forum? With the [ IMG] [ /IMG] (without spaces) tags it doesn't show up...
Can any mod or admin edit my post to put images links inside the forum? thanks you .
EDIT: I found out .

Anyway, here it is:
http://rapidshare.com/files/25988995/New_avatars.7z
Enjoy ^^
« Last Edit: 2007-04-17 23:36:10 by Djé »

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
Re: New Characters Portraits From Advent Children
« Reply #1 on: 2007-04-13 08:44:57 »
Hey that's awesome man but how did you get them to look so nice. I believe in the other avatar patch Wuz could only put them ingame using the 8bit palette as with ingame textures, so does it look that good ingame or can i just not tell because there a bit small in the screenshots.

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007-04-13 09:01:47 »
Hey here is another one screenshot, 1280*960 pixels wide! Be prepare...

Explanation: Take a fresh scrennshot in jpg format, open it with a picture editor, crop 84*96 pixels, and paste this part in a white 128*128pixels picture.
Save in jpg.
Open with PhotoShop, save for web, Gif 256 colors.
Open the new gif with PC, save as, BMP, 8 Bits.

Now you have a new file 8 bits, with no loss.

Hope this helps ^^

Now i have Sephiroth and others .obj from Kingdom Hearts, but in 3ds max i don't know what to do with it. I also have biturn and kimera .... Squeeble can you send me some steps by steps to edit the models and use them woth kimera? Thanks you

EDIT1 : Warf, the forum limits the pictures to 640 * 480 ; here is a link to 1280*960 pixels sized image i posted:
http://www.casimages.com/img/jpg/070413110033473936.jpg

EDIT2: humpf, i 'm not pleased with aerith ... But it's the only one passage from AC. I will review it to take more screenshots, and better editing them in photoshop (adjustement: auto levels, brightness, ...)

^^
« Last Edit: 2007-04-13 09:06:35 by Djé »

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-04-13 09:09:39 »
Ok well your explanation was very useful i wonder if that would work with my textures. Now as for a step by step guide if you check in my main topic I've stated I'm currently making a tutorial on how to do this, as for step by step this will require decent knowledge of max otherwise i will be writing for ever XD. I'm currently finished taking screens for max and am now onto kimera and Pc creator so i should hopefully have it up tomorrow. Providing I'm up really early finish takeing screenshots and get started writing i should have it up by late afternoon my time. I'll state this now for who ever intends to read it that it WILL BE LONG, and it wont be 56k freindly so be prepared coz after you see what i have to do you may have second thoughts.

Qudeid

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007-04-13 09:51:58 »
Ok well your explanation was very useful i wonder if that would work with my textures. Now as for a step by step guide if you check in my main topic I've stated I'm currently making a tutorial on how to do this, as for step by step this will require decent knowledge of max otherwise i will be writing for ever XD. I'm currently finished taking screens for max and am now onto kimera and Pc creator so i should hopefully have it up tomorrow. Providing I'm up really early finish takeing screenshots and get started writing i should have it up by late afternoon my time. I'll state this now for who ever intends to read it that it WILL BE LONG, and it wont be 56k freindly so be prepared coz after you see what i have to do you may have second thoughts.
Well at least it does help someone with knowledge of max :)

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-04-13 10:04:57 »

Thanks , i'm a little used to 3ds now (i'm using 3ds7 by the way) , but the main thing i didn't get is: when you have your .obj (converted from mdls of KH1) or your 3DR (ripped from 3d rip dx) loaded in 3ds what do you do? I managed to cut and save a single right hand of sephiroth, open the 3ds file with pcreator (strange software) and save it into p file, that i loaded into kimera, but i don't have textures (nor bmp files) , and how do you join bones ? (I've alot of question to ask, but when your tuto is available i think i could handle it alone thereafter) .

Thanks again for your reply.

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007-04-14 02:29:58 »
I would recommend getting a new picture for Cloud (older cloud).
But that is just my opinion.

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007-04-14 08:27:10 »
the one i took was because of the same angle and position in comparision to the original, but it doesn't please you (because of the colors?) then you cn suggest me one maybe? I will maybe go through all the movie another time just for him, maybe there are some cool shots i forgot.

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007-04-14 16:44:48 »
UPDATE

New cloud, and by the way i show you a small zack, i it seems a zack mode was floating on the forums a moment before....

screens:

Ingame:

I'm not satisfied with aeris nor zack, as they appear one time or so. Maybe when crisis core is available, i can do something, or use the small previews already availables...

Here:http://rapidshare.com/files/25988995/New_avatars.7z

You'll need 7zip or else to decompress:
http://www.7-zip.org/
Direct download 7-Zip 4.42 (2006-05-14) for Windows:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/sevenzip/7z442.exe?download

EDIT:
I wanted to add, the new link to the file (on rapidshare) contains ALL previous portraits...
I currently work on better portraits for Cloud (easy) , Zack (humpf) , Aeris (ouch!) ..
So any comment, feedback, advices interest me (especially if you download it  :wink: )

Thanks ;-)

« Last Edit: 2007-04-15 00:03:41 by Djé »

Jari

« Reply #9 on: 2007-04-14 18:42:43 »
Yes, one comment. Same I gave to weeemus: please compress the embedded images. Also, resizing them to 640x480 wouldn't hurt, since the board will resize them via html and that is not pretty.

455KB for one 640x480 picture is way too much. Here's the same picture resized to 640x480 and compressed to 60 on Photoshop's 'Export for Web'-scale. It's 77KB and looks pretty much the same, in some ways even better because your browser doesn't resize it.

Or use links if you are unwilling / unable to compress them more.

Oh, double posting is frowned upon, particularly because the board will display 'new posts'-tag for a topic with edited content. If it starts to look like it will drop from the first page and you actually have something to say - instead of just bumping for the sake of bumping - then you can double post.
« Last Edit: 2007-04-14 18:45:18 by Jari »

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007-04-14 23:55:09 »
Yes, one comment. Same I gave to weeemus: please compress the embedded images. Also, resizing them to 640x480 wouldn't hurt, since the board will resize them via html and that is not pretty.
Hum, ok, i thought that because the forum automatically resize down to 640*480 , it would be no use to resize them to this size, by the way i let this picture at 1024*780 (instead of actual 1280) because someone didn't see exactly the quality of sprites, but i think it's better to give a link instead now.

Oh, double posting is frowned upon, particularly because the board will display 'new posts'-tag for a topic with edited content. If it starts to look like it will drop from the first page and you actually have something to say - instead of just bumping for the sake of bumping - then you can double post.

frowned upon??? (what's that?) If i understood correctly, if i just edit my post it will display a "new" tag besides topic's name in the topic list of the forum, right?
Okay if it's that way.  :-)

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007-04-15 01:59:27 »
frowned upon??? (what's that?) If i understood correctly, if i just edit my post it will display a "new" tag besides topic's name in the topic list of the forum, right?
Okay if it's that way.  :-)

"Frowned upon" basically means is not a good idea. If something is frowned upon, don't do it.

You've got the idea about editing posts.

Rancid Cheese

• Uhh this Cheese ain't fresh at all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007-04-15 20:02:19 »
I may be alone on this one but i preferred the portrait of Cloud on the blue background compared to the new one. Getting a new Zack from CC shouldn't be a problemm but doesn't Aeris wear a different outfit in CC?

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007-04-15 22:14:12 »
I may be alone on this one but i preferred the portrait of Cloud on the blue background compared to the new one. Getting a new Zack from CC shouldn't be a problemm but doesn't Aeris wear a different outfit in CC?

Thank you, and no you're not alone, i too prefer the first (huh, it wasn't my first trial) one, on blue background, and i continue using it. I proposed a new one for those unsatisfied, but as nobody post feedbacks, i think i'm gonna just do it for myself, and some people asking me by pm ...

And as for Aeris in CC , i don't know, i didn't think she was in it, but in fact she must be inside (for its' crisis core... ) .

EDIT:
Found some videos in youtube , trailer 1  and 2 of SE of Crisis Core, Aerith indeed is inside, as well as Zack, I'm going to snapshot them. (i ripped the videos)
I'll update this with new screens.

EDIT2:
Well, most graphics shown in trailer 1 and 2 are real time graphics, the only fmv like (like FFVII: AC) are in artworks. I got some for Zack, but Sephiroth has only a short sequence so i couldn't get a thing . As for Aeris it's only ingame graphics .... Well it's not worse than My first Aeris from AC, but this one won't fit very well regarding others. I got one of Sephiroth ingame, but it's not very great so i gave that up.

Preview:

If anyone is interested , post comment, or PM me  :-D
« Last Edit: 2007-04-18 02:48:10 by Djé »

murak

« Reply #14 on: 2007-04-18 07:13:29 »
I loved the cloud in the blue background; in my opinion, it's the best cloud icon. I like what you've done with Zack and aerith, they shall do very well in game.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007-04-18 07:44:50 »
Hey if you want i could do a render of the characters you want for a portrait, using the models I'll have in game. Then you could just photoshopem up how you want.

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007-04-18 13:46:43 »
Hey if you want i could do a render of the characters you want for a portrait, using the models I'll have in game. Then you could just photoshopem up how you want.
I don't think that will do it, i mean i already have every KH1-2 models i need, and trailers of CC. I just need FMV quality like screens (like the ones i used for zack) cause they render much prettier, compare to Aerith who is only an ingame graphic in CC, she is not as good...

I need artworks, or magazines scans, no render of 3dmodel (which i can already have) ..  :-(

Thanks anyway

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007-04-19 07:15:33 »
Well, i like them all but one that one is Red XIII
I think that it just the backgound i can't his face well.

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007-04-19 08:55:41 »
Well, i like them all but one that one is Red XIII
I think that it just the backgound i can't his face well.

Problem with him he 's got only two or three sequences in the film , as for caitsith (but i managed to get a Dirge Of Cerberus Cait Sith)
So i had to take this one cause it was the best available in my opinion, and further more , it was the nearest one compared to original cartoon like data.
If you're better than me at photoshop (well mainly because i hate wasting time and i already wasted too much on this  and don't think i'm gonna enhence portraits more, excepted if i find good portraits of good quality) ; then you could try to use magic wand to get rid of background. as for me, i barely use red13 so i don't mind.

Rancid Cheese

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007-04-19 10:44:44 »
The middle portrait of Zack is the best IMO the in game shot isn't up to standard and the other one makes him look kinda creepy, Aeris' shots are good given what you've got to go with so far, but couldn't you get a good shot of her from the PS3 Tech Demo?

B Tizo

• Reliving the Fantasy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007-04-19 10:56:29 »
I actually prefer the right most Zach myself; the one above the question mark. 

Ahh... the tech demo...  The one minute video that spawned one million conversations about the one, great rumor: will Final Fantasy VII be redone?  God I hope so...  but I digress and wander off topic.

How could I get the top right most Zack avatar?

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007-04-19 11:17:58 »
The middle portrait of Zack is the best IMO the in game shot isn't up to standard and the other one makes him look kinda creepy, Aeris' shots are good given what you've got to go with so far, but couldn't you get a good shot of her from the PS3 Tech Demo?

Oh My GOD! Why didn't i think of this? She is in the tech demo. But do we see her face in integrality? i didn't see this tech demo since a while now.

EDIT
I actually prefer the right most Zach myself; the one above the question mark. 

Ahh... the tech demo...  The one minute video that spawned one million conversations about the one, great rumor: will Final Fantasy VII be redone?  God I hope so...  but I digress and wander off topic.

How could I get the top right most Zack avatar?

Zack avatars here -> (all 6): http://rapidshare.com/files/26752805/Zack_Avatars.zip
« Last Edit: 2007-04-19 11:19:54 by Djé »

Rancid Cheese

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007-04-20 09:40:41 »
Oh My GOD! Why didn't i think of this? She is in the tech demo. But do we see her face in integrality? i didn't see this tech demo since a while now.

False alarm you don't see above her nose until she's well out of focus . . .

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007-04-20 11:09:25 »
False alarm you don't see above her nose until she's well out of focus . . .

Yeah, i thought this was a great idea, then i just remember that too ... Too bad!

Ace266

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007-04-20 17:27:34 »
Welll, Cloud has some pretty good close ups.