Author Topic: FF7 soundtrack - fighting (or those who fight) inspired by Led Zeppelin?  (Read 4765 times)

BloodShot

• View Profile
Hey guys, I love the music in FFVII, and Zep is my favorite band, but i noticed something about a particular song and i figured i just had to find out what you guys thought on

this. Have any of you ever heard Achilles Last Stand? Listen to the video (it's a long song, i know) and tell me that doesn't sound like Fighting from 7 was at least inspired by

this song (i say inspired only because this song came first)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFRFtnTd620

Some notable parts that are considerably similar:

0:19 +  and 1:51 to 2:11

I never really noticed it before until i was listening to them in the same playlist on my computer.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Very likely just coincidence...  you never know but I think that is more coincidence than anything.  A few notes here and there are bound to sound like something else.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
Interesting find!

Love Zeppelin and yeah, the music in FF7 is very well-made.

As I was listening to the part (1:51 - 2:11) I was like "Hmm... Hmm... HMM!" There was similarity in that part as compared to the FF7 part as well.

ultima espio

• View Profile
Wow, nice find :D

hotdog963al

• Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
It's entirely possible. Afterall, One-Winged Angel's intro was based off Purple Haze.

Sidenote: I actually saw LZ at their 2007 one-off at the O2 Arena :P

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Led Zeppelin are one of my fave bands too :) stairway to heaven being my favourite song of all time, but I like battle of evermore, misty mountain hop and black dog as well :)

Touph Guy

• View Profile
In addition, there's a part of For Whom the Bell Tolls that is suspiciously similar to the beginning of Those Who Fight Further...