Author Topic: Using the high quality Cloud model in game?  (Read 51875 times)

Using the high quality Cloud model in game?
« Reply #25 on: 2004-04-17 19:35:08 »
Quote from: Dreakon
I wonder why some people's worked and others didnt though.  Bad download?

No, because I've had the same problem on my machine when I manually create autopatches. I had this same problem with yours, but was able to follow the steps I've described above and get it working.
I'm not sure what causes it, but my guess is that I have something wrong with my FiceLib files.

Dreakon

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2004-04-17 19:38:01 »
Curse you FaceLib!  I suppose I should add that information about the bug and how to fix it in the readme.  Mind if I use your explanation?

ye-roon

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2004-04-17 19:43:53 »
well i can't actually figure out what to do ...

can u give a step by step discription??

Dreakon

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2004-04-17 19:51:27 »
Quote from: ye-roon
well i can't actually figure out what to do ...

can u give a step by step discription??

To save myself and anyone else who cares to explain time you can download this, extract it and use apply patch in LGP Tools.

http://www.yourwebspace.com/cgi-bin/dreakon/cloudquality.zip

This should work unless I put in the wrong ffpatch file (which could happen since I made many incorrect ones).  Good luck ;)

« Reply #29 on: 2004-04-17 20:00:25 »
Dreakon: It's probably my fault and not FiceLib's. I probably just extracted them in the wrong place or have multiple, different copies floating around my hard drive. ...or something. I can't remember, and am too lazy to check. >=)

Sure, you can use my fix. Don't know if my explanation is right, though.

ye-roon:
Well, I still felt like typing it up. Just download Dreakon's new file, though.
01. Download the file.
02. Extract the files in the zip.
03. Open LGP Tools 1.55
04. Go to Tools > Patches > Patch Converter
05. A dialogue should have opened. Click on "Self Extractor to LGP"
06. Click on the "..." at the top. This will open a file browser. Find "cloudquality.exe" in the browser, click on it, and hit enter.
07. Click on the 2nd "..." This will open another file browser. Go to \your ff7 director\data\battle, type "cloudquality", and hit enter.
08. Click the Convert button.
09. Wait a minute, then close the window.
10. Go to \your ff7 directory\data\battle and make sure there's a file there called "cloudquality.ffpatch"
11. In LGP Tools, go to Tools > Patches > Apply Patch
12. A file browser should have opened. Find cloudquality.ffpatch, click on it, and hit enter.
13. Wait for the progress bar at the bottom of LGP Tools to fill up.
14. Go to \your ff7 directory\data\battle. Right click on battle.lgp and select properties.
15. Look for filesize and last modified. If filesize is "59.7MB" and last modified is "17th April 2004", it worked.

ye-roon

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2004-04-17 20:13:38 »
ah i figured the patch make thingy, and i used yours, but it would freeze b4 loading a battle :p

Dreakon

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2004-04-17 20:29:05 »
The one I gave you doesnt work?  Must be a wrong one...

Did Srethron Askvelhtnod's instructions help you though?

halohalo

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2004-04-17 21:32:47 »
more snapshots :D (it really works!)

Dreakon

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2004-04-17 21:41:32 »
Quote from: Srethron Askvelhtnod
convert .P files to various formats, so you can edit them in your 3D proggy of choice (as long as it supports Vertex Coloration.)

I would like to try and add detail to the rest of the models to the best of my ability.  Are there any free 3d programs I can use?

EDIT:  Awesome pics by the way ;)

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2004-04-18 15:52:26 »
Dreakon: http://www.anim8or.com/ =)

Halohalo: Wait, Aeris is in your party, while you're IN the GELNIKA, and vinny has 9999 hp?

Someone's been cheating =P

Dreakon

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2004-04-18 16:23:18 »
Does anim8or work with .p files (or whatever the FF7 files are)?

Naitguolf

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2004-04-18 17:53:19 »
im wondering... Do You guys know a game named ERGHEIZ? Can be used that Sephiroth, Cloud and others  models?

fa_pa

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2004-04-18 18:14:47 »
i know EHRGEIZ but i don't think that it would work because ehrgeiz is not produced by the final fantasy team.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2004-04-18 18:16:13 »
Dreakon: I think you'd need a converter, actually, but i think someone around her released on a few weeks ago..?

And if it doesn't, ask the guy who made it to incorperate .p recognition: He loves feedback and suggestions.  His e-mail should be on that site somewhere, hehe

Darkdevil

• View Profile
    • Http://darkdevil177.5u.com
« Reply #39 on: 2004-04-18 18:30:33 »
Quote from: Naitguolf
im wondering... Do You guys know a game named ERGHEIZ? Can be used that Sephiroth, Cloud and others  models?

I doubt it for two resons

As Fa-Pa already stated the FF team didn't create it
and it wouldn't be in the same file format as FF7...it would take a hella lot of coding to convert and import...plus then theres the size, skeletons, and for that matter, the animations of the chars...

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2004-04-18 18:52:41 »
Though if they'd port Kingdom Hearts to PC, i'd rather use those models.. though they'd probably present many of the same problems =/

ye-roon

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2004-04-18 18:53:45 »
En zoals ik al zei, hi-res textures my ass. Het zijn gewoon dezelfde textures...en voor de poppetjes worden helemaal geen textures gebruikt, dat zijn shaded poly's. Maar het is leuk dat je het op 1024*768 kan spelen als je spelplezier daarmee verband houdt hoor

someone wrote that on a dutch tweaker forum, without giving the total translation: the dude says that that for the characters there aren't any textures being used, but shaded poly's.

is this true?

Naitguolf

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2004-04-18 19:06:26 »
Quote from: EmperorSteele
Though if they'd port Kingdom Hearts to PC, i'd rather use those models.. though they'd probably present many of the same problems =/

Yeah...  Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts rules!!!! :)

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2004-04-18 19:13:52 »
En zoals ik al zei, hi-res textures my ass. Het zijn gewoon dezelfde textures...en voor de poppetjes worden helemaal geen textures gebruikt, dat zijn shaded poly's. Maar het is leuk dat je het op 1024*768 kan spelen als je spelplezier daarmee verband houdt hoor

someone wrote that on a dutch tweaker forum, without giving the total translation: the dude says that that for the characters there aren't any textures being used, but shaded poly's.

is this true?

For the most part, yes.  The only part that are textures are eyes, mouthes, and tatoos.  Everything else is vector-shaded.

« Reply #44 on: 2004-04-22 01:28:26 »
ah i figured the patch make thingy, and i used yours, but it would freeze b4 loading a battle :p

Sounds like you might've applied the patch twice. Anyway, *I* did that once, which caused the game to crash as soon as a battle starts. What happens if you copy battle.lgp from one of your game discs, replace your old battle.lgp, and then try to patch that file?

Quote from: darkdevil
it would take a hella lot of coding to convert and

Well, IIRC, Terence Ferguson mentioned something about converting the Ergheiz 3D models before...something like their format had already been decoded (not all PSX devs invent new formats.)
Still, even if they aren't, all you need is something that can convert the models to a fairly standard format. Then you can use one of the existing .P converters. Animations shouldn't be *too* much of an issue.

Quote from: Dreakon
Are there any free 3d programs I can use?

I think the student edition (stripped down and free) of Maya just came out. The two unknowns are whether there are any converters for the special file format it uses, and if there's .P <-> Maya converter. If there isn't, Alhexx or Mirex *might* be able to add it.

GK

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2004-05-30 01:50:14 »
I just wanna say thanks to everyone here, by following what you typed, I was able to do this myself (I know, its not impressive, I still like it though, heh).

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2004-05-30 04:16:35 »
Just tried the executable version of Dreakon's patch (the one that you don't have to use LGP Tools to apply), and I'm getting an error message similar to ye-roon's.

However, its pulling a different read-of-address than what ye-roon got.  Mine says"

Quote from: Windows
Access Violation at 0000000.  Read of Address FFFFFFFF.

Sounds to me like there's either a NULL pointer or uninitialized variable in there that's spitting out garbage when accessed.

If it makes any difference, this is being done on an install of FF7 that doesn't have any patches on it, and this is in Win98SE.

Dreakon

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2004-06-03 21:23:21 »
Sorry Goku, I think you will have to use LGP Tools.  I know it's inconvenient but the patcher is relatively buggy and I cant post the modified file online since its about 60-something MB.

Unless you can get it working I suggest using the LGP Tools ;)

Goku7

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2004-06-04 04:11:41 »
Is it possible to hex-edit the thing instead?  I've never had much luck with the LGP Tools stuff in the past.

Dreakon

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2004-06-05 01:49:32 »
If there is a way I definatly wouldnt know how...