Author Topic: [FF7 PC] Bonez' Sound Effect Suite - 3.0 - Deprecated  (Read 26108 times)

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile

This mod has been deprecated and replaced by Cosmo Memory

This project started out about a year ago as a little mod to just replace the FF7 UI sounds with the UI sounds from FFXIII. Since that time, it has evolved into something far more... After following the community and modding the game for several years, I noticed the graphical and musical mods were growing and advancing but the sound effects department was totally stalled. I mean, it's an entire 1/3 of what your senses are taking in, besides the visuals and music! I wanted something to match the beautiful/advanced graphical and musical mods provided by the very talented authors/creators of this community... So, I present to you most complete sound effect replacement mod currently available!

The goal of this mod is to give the sound effects of FF7 a complete overhaul/update with carefully chosen, professional quality, accurately timed, equalized, and edited sounds; on a scale previously never achieved. I'm very proud of what I've managed to accomplished so far and I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I do.

This mod currently replaces/updates ~480 magic/battle/world sound effects with many more to come.

*Disclaimer: This is NOT the same mod of mine that is included in the Qhimm Media mod. That mod only changes the menu sounds. Some people are apparently under the impression that they are one and the same.

3/14/2020 1.0 Initial Release
Spoiler: show
100+ sounds changed:

3/17/2020 1.1 Update:
Added 20+ new sounds

3/20/2020 1.2 Update:

Replaced a further 130+ sounds

3/21/2020 1.21 Update:
-Consolidated Bonez' SFX Replacement Pack, FFXIII UI Only, and ProtoX+FFXIIIUI into a single .IRO.
-While I was there, I added 5 small sounds so that you're not hit with vanilla sfx as soon as you jump off the train:

3/26/2020 1.3 Update:
Added 43 New World/Field Sounds
Added 14 New Battle Sounds:
Modified Existing Sounds:
-Cursor - Made volume slightly lower
-Bigshot - Made volume slightly louder
-Mindblow - Made volume slightly louder
-Item Get
-Limit Break Cast - Sped up to match animation better

Added Bonus Optional Start Menu Background

Renovated Config Menu

4/9/2020 2.0 Update:
-Added 183 total new sounds
-Added All Summons
-Added Various World,Enemy Attack Sounds
-Fixed/Updated 15 Existing Sounds
-Discontinued "ProtoX+FFXIIIUI" and "FFXIIIUI Only" due to deprecation
-Turned bonus start menu background off by default
-Added 3 selectable UI Sound options: 2.0 UI Sounds, 1.0, and Vanilla with previews (2.0 on by default)

4/24/2020 2.1 Update:
-Added new UI sound set: FFX Style
-Relabeled other UI sound sets appropriately: FFVII (Vanilla), FFXIII Style, FFXV Style

7/25/2020 3.0 Update:
-Re-replaced Fire spells
-Fixed all machine gun sounds to loop a little better
-Re-replaced the Limit-Break Casting sound to something more akin to the original
-Touched-up Barret's Big Shot
-Re-replaced Battle Swirl to something less jarring
-Replaced all field button sounds
-Replaced Honey Bee smacking sounds to something less "aggressive"
-Replaced ominous footsteps (for president entrance - sounds amazing with future shuffle addon)
-Re-replaced chest open sound
-Re-replaced Red-XIII's howl to an actual howl - not a growl
-Mod prepared for Shuffle Addon release

Preview/Comparison Video (2.1):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sLFLNH5an8

Todo:
  • Green Materia Spells - All done. Comet1+2 and Ultima completed for 2.0
  • Party Melee - All done.
  • Critical strikes - All done.
  • Enemy Skill spells - All done.
  • Limit Breaks - Most are done. Still a couple left for like Cid and Vincent
  • Enemy attacks - Most are done. All enemy attacks up til Mideel are definitely done. Any stragglers being identified through playthrough.
  • World/Field - Most are done. All intended world/field sounds up til Mideel are definitely done (some won't change. Like Corneo. His SFX are perfect as is). Any stragglers being identified through playthrough.
  • Fix Barret's Catastrophe limit - fixed for 2.0.
  • Summons - They're coming along faster than expected - Coming in 2.0
  • 3 Selectable Versions; 1: 2.0 UI Sounds 2: 1.0 UI Sounds 3: Vanilla UI Sounds - Coming in 2.0

This is an IRO file which will require 7th Heaven Mod Manager (see: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19533.0)
Be sure this mod is above any other sound mods in your load order.
I've tested as many sounds as I could and have found no issues. If you run across any, please let me know here
Depending on the music mod you use/don't use, you may need to adjust the music volume down in game. -Better to be too low than too high! Eg; I use EDMusic and Tsuna Arranged and I find SFX:100% and MUSIC:70% to be perfect.

DOWNLOAD HERE Version 3.0 Size: 492MB

If you enjoy the mod, consider a little something for the many many hours it took to put this together: Donate Here
« Last Edit: 2021-07-11 00:11:31 by Bonez »

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7 PC] FFXIII UI Sounds
« Reply #1 on: 2020-03-08 23:15:48 »
« Last Edit: 2021-10-28 15:56:03 by dkma841 »

ProtoX

Re: [FF7 PC] FFXIII UI Sounds & FFXIIIUI+ProtoX pack
« Reply #2 on: 2020-03-12 19:41:56 »
dude might wanna change the name from ProtoX to ProtomanZxAdvent to avoid confusion, i still don't understand why the 7th Heaven 3.0 Catalog uses that old name of mine
« Last Edit: 2020-03-12 19:47:50 by ProtomanZxAdvent »

kassius

• View Profile
Re: [FF7 PC] FFXIII UI Sounds & FFXIIIUI+ProtomanZxAdvent
« Reply #3 on: 2020-03-13 20:44:16 »
The latest IRO for FFXIII UI Sounds + ProtomanZxAdvent might be a little wacky somewhere.  Can't configure and deleting in 7H doesn't delete the file on disk.

Flash0429

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-03-14 04:49:54 »
I second what Kassius said when you try and change it it says Can not configure mod FFXIIIUI+ProtoX - Failed to read mod.xml

On a side note is there any possible way to get in contact with Seclet to possibly add in the voice sounds in battle i think that would be the perfect mix but cant do it as this Iro overwrites that one

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2020-03-14 07:42:55 »
Nah there's nothing wacky, guys.  I just didn't include a mod.xml file because there's just nothing to change/configure...  It's a very simple mod; when you turn it on, it's on...  Any mod that doesn't have a config menu will show "Can not configure mod..."   I assure you, the mods works just fine.  Also, this mod should be above any other sound mods in your load order.  It's supposed to overwrite all other ones.

As far as it not deleting from your disk when you uninstall from 7H... 7H should delete it from your mods folder and remove it from your mods list... But 7H can't delete any other copies you might have on your computer like in your downloads folder or something, since it wasn't downloaded from the 7H catalog. That's just not possible for 7H to do... If you mean it's not deleting from your 7H mods folder after you uninstall it, and it still shows up in your list of mods, there's nothing I could do about that. That would be a 7H issue... It's deleting out of my mods folder when I uninstall from 7H just fine.

I can add a mod.xml to any updates I might do (I'm actually working on something even bigger that will make all other sound packs like mine, Proto, Seclet etc. obsolete and I'll be releasing it in the next couple days... Maybe even tomorrow  8)) so it'll show you the the nice "Nothing to configure" dialogue when you try to configure it instead of the error that's confusing you guys, but until then it's not really necessary.

Until then, just turn it on  ;)
« Last Edit: 2020-03-14 08:39:11 by wturner859 »

kassius

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2020-03-14 15:01:32 »
 8)

Flash0429

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2020-03-14 17:35:09 »
Nah there's nothing wacky, guys.  I just didn't include a mod.xml file because there's just nothing to change/configure...  It's a very simple mod; when you turn it on, it's on...  Any mod that doesn't have a config menu will show "Can not configure mod..."   I assure you, the mods works just fine.  Also, this mod should be above any other sound mods in your load order.  It's supposed to overwrite all other ones.

Awesome thanks for clarifying it was the first mod to give that error which is why i was a bit confused but good to know its all good.

I can add a mod.xml to any updates I might do (I'm actually working on something even bigger that will make all other sound packs like mine, Proto, Seclet etc. obsolete and I'll be releasing it in the next couple days... Maybe even tomorrow  8)) so it'll show you the the nice "Nothing to configure" dialogue when you try to configure it instead of the error that's confusing you guys, but until then it's not really necessary.

Something that makes them obsolete?   ??? :o you have my attention I will be not so patiently waiting for that lol

Regardless thanks for all the hard work to everyone

Loki_

• View Profile
Re: [FF7 PC] Bonez' FFXIII Sound Pack - 1.1 Update
« Reply #8 on: 2020-03-18 00:07:38 »
This is great, thanks! just one question, would be possible to have a "map" for sounds you changed? I mean the corrisponding number of sound into audio.fmt. 

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7 PC] Bonez' SFX Replacement Pack - 1.2 Update
« Reply #9 on: 2020-03-20 09:08:24 »
Update to 1.2!

Info in OP.

Flash0429

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2020-03-20 09:15:38 »
Awesome great work

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2020-03-20 23:33:10 »
I messed something up in the xml file... If you happened to download a copy in the past hour or so that just doesn't work when active, I've re-uploaded a working copy... If your copy already works, you're good to go.

Flash0429

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2020-03-20 23:38:38 »
nay plans to setup a subscription so it can be updated through the catalog

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2020-03-21 00:53:14 »
It's supposedly going to end up on Mods of the Round. I got not say about what goes on qhimm catalog.

Flash0429

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2020-03-21 01:00:03 »
no but you can make your own subscription that we can add to our catalog subscriton list then all you have to do is upload the new file edit the paste bin and 7th heaven should recognize the update and download the new one someone correct me if im wrong but that is how i believe the catalog subscriptions work

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7 PC] Bonez' SFX Replacement Pack - 1.21 Update
« Reply #15 on: 2020-03-21 04:32:05 »
Bonez' SFX Replacement Pack is now available on the Mods of the Round catalog!

Flash0429

• View Profile
Re: [FF7 PC] Bonez' SFX Replacement Pack - 1.21 Update
« Reply #16 on: 2020-03-21 04:39:09 »
Bonez' SFX Replacement Pack is now available on the Mods of the Round catalog!

that works too lol

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
1.3 Update Released.

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
If using R06, you just rename or delete the file.

Huh?
« Last Edit: 2020-03-29 19:19:25 by Bonez »

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
Working on summons. They're not necessarily finished. It's more of a proof of concept in working with the overlapping sound layers.

Ifrit: https://youtu.be/AgTnfU5FMV0 (No, his scream is not final lol)

Shiva: https://youtu.be/AKVoyvl6O_4

Ramuh: https://youtu.be/fJl2uLLBR68

Titan: https://youtu.be/lDgSPzEfslE

Phoenix: https://youtu.be/uXn2OwrY5IY

Alexander: https://youtu.be/1Q4mZpNjWug

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7 PC] Bonez' SFX Replacement Pack - 2.0 Update(4/9/2020)
« Reply #20 on: 2020-04-10 01:51:09 »
2.0 released. Info in OP.

perico1986

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2020-04-10 18:52:56 »
gran trabajo. me gusta mx

« Reply #22 on: 2020-04-11 13:20:29 »
Love the SFX, but is there an option to change or return the "battle swirl" sound effect to default? The new one is a little too high pitched towards the end.

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2020-04-11 21:50:41 »
No, there isn't. Sorry.

I don't know what you mean by high pitched at the end... It goes down in pitch throughout the sound:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lkqlnlr2pgzqn4i/42%20battle%20swirl.wav?dl=0

It's definitely lower in pitch than the original high pitched static sound.

I'll think about changing it in the future if more people hate it.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-11 22:03:02 by Bonez »

« Reply #24 on: 2020-04-12 23:16:18 »
My mistake, I meant the more middle section, you hear that ringing? That's what I don't like.

Maybe it's my hearing.