Author Topic: [FF7 PC] Bonez' Sound Effect Suite - 3.0 - Deprecated  (Read 26103 times)

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7 PC] Bonez' SFX Replacement Pack - 2.0 Update(4/9/2020)
« Reply #25 on: 2020-04-17 20:09:27 »
With the surge of users downloading, the Google Drive link keeps hitting it's quota, so if you're having problems downloading from Google Drive/7th Heaven, you can download from the mirror here: https://mega.nz/file/EllkRKwY#7Bf0UzP1huVA8ACk36doxCtfgJo2uNbihEPAfik8X3U

rcooley13

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2020-04-19 05:17:25 »
Hi! I can't get this pack to work (I got a FF XIII UI Replacement to work). I get no errors, I just don't hear any new sound effects when in battle for anything. Everything still sounds vanilla. What should I do? I installed through 7th Heaven. I can toggle it on and off. I just don't hear the difference.

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2020-04-20 03:42:09 »
Hi! I can't get this pack to work (I got a FF XIII UI Replacement to work). I get no errors, I just don't hear any new sound effects when in battle for anything. Everything still sounds vanilla. What should I do? I installed through 7th Heaven. I can toggle it on and off. I just don't hear the difference.
Is you "Media" mod above this mod in your load order? Make sure this mod is above all other mods that have an effect on the sound effects, specifically the "Media", "ProtomanZxAdvent's Mod Compilation" (if you use that), and "FFXIII UI Sounds". The only reason this mod wouldn't work is because of load order... If you can't figure out which mod is overwriting this one, just put this mod literally at the top of the load order. It can't hurt anything since it only changes the sound effects... If it still doesn't work after that, try to re-download it. It's possible the .iro file became corrupt in your initial download.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-20 03:51:21 by Bonez »

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
2.1 Released. MOTR Catalog Updated.

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
I put together a better, more competent Preview/Comparison video. If you're on the fence about using the mod or want a little preview before downloading, give it a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sLFLNH5an8

Gvaz

• View Profile
Is there any way to improve on the existing "UI Sounds" rather than just replacing them with something else from another game?

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
Is there any way to improve on the existing "UI Sounds" rather than just replacing them with something else from another game?

The original ff7 UI sounds are an option. There isn't much you can do to a midi file to "improve it"... And the FFX sounds are essentially "improved" ff7 UI sounds. They are already exactly what you're asking for, so you're covered.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-02 23:29:25 by Bonez »

Gvaz

• View Profile
I mean improve it like, orchestral tracks "improve" the original.

I'm going with the ff7 ui sounds for now so I don't get musically confused and retain the right association.

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
I mean improve it like, orchestral tracks "improve" the original.

I'm going with the ff7 ui sounds for now so I don't get musically confused and retain the right association.
Yeah again, that's what the FFX sounds do. They're the exact same sounds, just updated and not midi.

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
Pretty cool announcement for Bonez SFX: Updated sound effects are cool, but when they're played back to back, being the exact same sound kind of sucks... Well, I'm currently working on setting up sound banks for certain sound effects! What this means is Instead of a singular sound effect playing for any given action, it will pull from a pool of pre-determined sounds and play one at random (this is actually completely coincidental from Carlucci's music randomizer and works a totally different way lol)... So when Cloud hits someone with 4xCut or certain Limit Breaks, each slashing sound will sound slightly different leading to more realism! It's already completely functional and works perfectly! It also opens up the possibility for situational things... like being in the sewers will result in sounds having some reverb, etc. etc.! So, cool stuff ahead!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLVq4p3seh4
« Last Edit: 2020-05-21 04:06:27 by Bonez »

obesebear

• View Profile
Well damn now I'll really have to check this out

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
New mod also enables stereo SFX. Would anyone be interested in having the ENTIRE mod redone in stereo?

obesebear

• View Profile
Wouldn't stereo be difficult to manage with the dynamic camera?

Bonez

• Cosmo Memory Dev
  • Global moderator
  • What goes here?
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7 PC] Bonez' Sound Effect Suite - 3.0 Update(7/25/2020)
« Reply #38 on: 2020-11-19 23:32:57 »
I've started replacing remaining sounds including ambient sound effects,  88 more sounds in total and I'm not stopping until every single sound in the game is replaced. I've added a FFXII UI sound set and a FFXIII-B UI sound set (since XIII has different UI sounds for the battle menu and pause menu). I've also expanded all the UI sets to include ALL sounds that happen inside a window box rather than just cursor, back, error and ATB load (so exp gain, gil gain, menu heal, buy, save sphere, item get, char lvl up, equip, materia lvl up, and materia get are also all themed depending on which set you choose)

Higgenbobber

• View Profile
Re: [FF7 PC] Bonez' Sound Effect Suite - 3.0 Update(7/25/2020)
« Reply #39 on: 2021-03-12 21:32:07 »
Thanks for this mod!  Everything sounds great (I stuck with the original menu UI sounds tho).