Author Topic: Kingdom Hearts Cloud Battle Model  (Read 177242 times)

LegendarySaiyan

• PS3OnlineID: LegendarySaiyan
    • View Profile
wow, that looks sweet^^ keep it up Apz!

LS^^

bboystrife

GAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!! I cant take it anymore, i need to have a good cloud model like u apz. This is my first ever post coz i've just signed up. i know u cant release this ,but could u help by telling me wot programs u used to edit the models, etc. peace

Theclad

• Idir - FFDream.com
    • View Profile
    • FINAL FANTASY DREAM - Webmaster
Wow, Very impressive work !

Just think the Masamune Blade can be much white and more slim don't you ?

I love your JENOVA's Face ! :)

Very good !  :lol:

Roxas

• View Profile
    • ReBoot Revival
Fantastic work Apz! I remember first seeing your work on the adventchildren.net forum (btw, this is Cloud_S... no idea when the forums will be back up...). Can't wait to see what else you plan to do. :-D

apz freak

• View Profile
Some of you might think this is interesting.

Wow, 7777 views huh? Well, probably not by the time you see this. But for me... I get the Lucky Sevens...  :lol: :-D :-D :-D :-D :-o :roll: :wink:

:evil:

and on my own thread... What are the odds?
« Last Edit: 2008-07-18 07:12:51 by apz freak »

bboystrife

Some of you might think this is interesting.

Wow, 7777 views huh? Well, probably not by the time you see this. But for me... I get the Lucky Sevens...  :lol: :-D :-D :-D :-D :-o :roll: :wink:

:evil:

and on my own thread... What are the odds?

haha yeah that truely is lucky :wink:
u got sum sick designin skillz man, keep it up. sooooo badly wish u could release this, but u cant :-(
Oh well if u cant release this legendary cloud model :wink: then perhaps u may think about releasing a tutorial, to help others out? just a thought :-D
takecare Strife :mrgreen:

JordieBo

• View Profile
I don't understand what I'm meant to see? In that picture. Cloud and a guy?

Mattie

• View Profile
Is it your own built Cloud model by any chance? Looks good anyway (:

apz freak

• View Profile
Okay maybe I didn't explain... This is my own custom high-resolution model of Cloud. I didn't rip this from anything, I made him polygon by polygon myself using reference pictures and the KH Cloud.

I'm still working on him of course, he looks alittle bit more like Cloud now, I'll upload some pictures when I've been able to put together some textures (and make him some hair, Cloud looks a lot less like Cloud without his hair ya know!) and make him more realistic.

« Last Edit: 2008-07-20 08:18:48 by apz freak »

JordieBo

• View Profile
Nice!  :mrgreen:
But I think he should be frowning more!
Except that and the hair, it's good!

YourSorrow

• View Profile
Hey, love the Buster Sword you made, looks great in game, I was wondering if you had any plans of making a First Tsurugi, the sword Cloud uses in Advent Children? Think it would make a great replacement Ultima Weapon.

bboystrife

hey does anybody know, is there a way i can get apz's bustersword to work on the field in the npc patch?

apz freak

• View Profile
I don't know if it's necessarily against the rules to post in my own topic. But it's all relevant to the same topic, it's my thread anyways!

But I think it might benefit some folks. These are my models in reference photos to help people build their own.

Goku7

• View Profile
(Whew, I haven't posted here in years....)

Apz freak, good job on the new buster sword.  Looks totally awesome. :mrgreen:

However, I did notice something -- the sword looks somewhat off-axis with respect to Cloud.  I don't know if you somehow accidentally rotated its starting position or if the original Buster Sword was always that way, but it's most noticable when the camera is behind cloud.  I've got a screenshot:

http://bin.mypage.sk/FILES/Off-Axis%20Sword.bmp

It's kinda subtle, but check the angle of the hilt with respect to his hands, and the ground.  It's all angled like this:  \

When it should be going like this:  |

Or something.  Keep up the good work regardless.  The texture work really brings that sword to life and matches Cloud well. :-D

-edit-

Bah, image is too big for the forum to display quickly.  I'd better change it to a regular link instead.
« Last Edit: 2008-10-06 20:20:01 by Goku7 »

apz freak

• View Profile
Actually, I rotated the sword to match the rotation of the original Buster Sword. At least the imported Buster Sword was rotated that direction and my model having a few extra polygons appears strange. And maybe it somehow got rotated further than it was supposed to. But the original wasn't dead straight.

Krigo

Hey APZ, that's some pretty amazing skills.

I was wondering if you could answer me some questions; 1. Do you plan to release this any time soon? 2. What modeling program do you use? 3DStudio Max, Maya, Blender etc. And what would be a great way to introduce somebody into modeling?

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Dude Read The post. sorry if i sound rude :-(  but he DID already mention that Releasing it wouldn't strictly be legal, So he wont release it. If you want it, Dump The original Parts of the models using LGPtools, And Dump the KH models from KH, and Edit Them in 3DSmax or another 3D modelling program, like so:

you can PM Apz for further information about how to insert the Models into FFVII PC after You've made 'em.
:-D

apz freak

• View Profile
Well hey, I don't want to be rude either, but I've said this maybe 20 times nearly every post I've made in this thread. I will not release this.

But if you want to know, I use 3D Studio Max 7. and I learned my modeling by taking classes on it. I took 3D animation in High School. I was able to get even better by teaching myself when a friend let me install his 3DSMax on my system. It's just learning how the program works and how to make it do what you need it to do. Tutorial files that come with the program are very helpful!
« Last Edit: 2008-10-11 09:20:50 by apz freak »

alef321

Thanks ,you give me so much hope to the Designer Future,i loved the models...was so perfect, Looks exactly what Square-Enix  would do to the game,

Serious,,,you´re my Hero..*sorry for my bad English*

i will start doing Classes ,i am 15 years Old xP ,gotta to run

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
you said it :D

EDIT:
would it be alright if we could have all the custom textures? it would save a great deal of hassle

anyway, its a LOT easier to do this than people probably think. i'm using fireworks MX, and "AC3D", not even 3dsmax, and already i have this:

Now thats not bad for about 2 hours total work, right?

plus, i'm an ultran00b. so if i do it, anyone can. also, can i get some suggestions on how to improve on mine? (i know obvious ones)

also, thanks again to apz for his brilliant work and ideas :D
« Last Edit: 2008-10-31 00:49:10 by NeoCLoudstrife »

WolfOkami

• View Profile
 :roll: why do you torture us with such beauty NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

seriuosly you're not selling the files and technically the game is obsolete no-one buys it anymore everyone torrents basically i dont see any legal problems coming up what are they gonna sue you for your own hard work i mean comon like i said its only illegal if you sell it not distribute or host free.

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
Look, dude, he aint gonna give it out. no point in begging. want 'em? go make 'em. its REALLY not hard. check my above posts :D

WolfOkami

• View Profile
lol i knw XD but its soo cool man he should work for square i bet hed get a sweet deal
 :-P :-D

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
lol hell yeah :D

BTW apz if you still exist, could you send me the 3D model for the belt? i cant seem to make one :/ and also maybe the texture if you have it, i cant seem to perfect mine. i can perfect the soldier logo, but the rest....yeah...

LimitBreak

• View Profile
Oh my, I just found this thread, and it is the biggest cock tease. Especially those "world map" (chibi/non-battle/whatever) models. If someone were to update the background in that pic of Cloud and Sephiroth, you could probably pass it around the 'net and start a very convincing rumor of the PS3 FF7 remake.

So, we all understand the legal reasons you cannot release this, but what are the reasons you cannot release a patcher for those who have Kingdom Hearts? I mean, all the various FF7 mods require patchers because they cannot legally distribute the fixed up version of Square's original files.

I haven't downloaded the other Cloud model because I thought it would clash too much with the rest of the cast in their old polygons, but this one is just too good to pass up.

Edit: Whoops! Are you even still around?
« Last Edit: 2009-01-18 02:17:02 by LimitBreak »