Author Topic: Gamemoment list needed  (Read 4004 times)

Songs

• View Profile
Gamemoment list needed
« on: 2016-07-30 23:29:52 »
Am experimenting with Yuffie Warping for FFVII. 

Disc check is set to 3 as I have defeated Hojo.  I'm trying to find a way to set gamemoment to during Disc 1 events so I can enter Junon and buy Mythril Clips. 

Can't use Cave of GI as game lock results from having no FMV to play.  Bottomswell fight is too early. 

Am on vanilla STEAM no mods. 

Has someone already compiled a gamemoment list?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: Gamemoment list needed
« Reply #1 on: 2016-07-31 00:27:08 »
Not really, but you can check tool Black Chocobo - or see the script yourself using Makou Reactor.

DynamixDJ

• 1111 1111 0111
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2016-07-31 11:13:22 »
Hi Song!  :)

I was going to post here before creating the list to see if it had already been done previously, you've saved me the hassle  ;)

I know you need this list, so I don't mind spending a few hours on it today, it's just going to take a while (fyi - this topic may have been more appropriate in the "scripting & reverse engineering" board... it may get moved). There are some scenes with multiple GameMoment increments such as all of the "fship" scenes, and it can be quite time consuming trying to figure out what the cause of each increment is, but once I get to the scenes that are less congested, the list should start to fly together a lot quicker.

As you know, I may be facing unemployment. This next week may very well be my last week at work, so if I do lose my job then I'll definitely have this list finished at some point the week after, as time will no longer be an issue.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #3 on: 2016-07-31 14:29:07 »
damn i had a nice responce here and i closed the browser on accident :(

the main progress is not the only determing factor for progression (if it was it would be 100% editable in black chocobo) there are many other small factor one of varibles that need to be set as well for most of the main events. These are just generic field varibles that are reused in some cases. Some are set bitwise some with int values adding to the fun of decoding them . The Location needs to be set correctly and in some special cases you will need to have the party and or characters set to specific values (mostly the flashback for y.cloud and sephiroth). Faliure to set the values correctly will usually lead to a hard lock up or field failure at some point. The fields scripts are not exactly setup for data checking.

here are the few i know from the top of my head. The ones in black chocobo
0: game start Will play opening movie.
1: Game start just after opening movie has played.
130: after video for sector 5 boss fight when you wake up to meet aerith
341: Flash back scene
583: Date scene
664: aeriths death
1997: Last Value Used

you can see here in the black chocobo source what else changes with those values https://github.com/sithlord48/blackchocobo/blob/master/mainwindow.cpp#L2042
you can see what save offsets the different functions write to if you look at the save struct: https://github.com/sithlord48/blackchocobo/blob/master/ff7tk/data/FF7Save_Types.h#L79

if you find any more let me know and i can implment them for use within black chocobo . Progression is the only thing left to be feature complete

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2016-07-31 14:40:22 »
1000 is also the value that decides if Meteor has arrived.  In field script it is seen as 1008, but the world map reacts at 1000 iirc.

DynamixDJ

• 1111 1111 0111
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2016-07-31 15:22:08 »
1999 is actually the last value used. 1998 is what it will just before the point-of-no-return.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2016-07-31 19:11:11 »
Looks to me like they planned 1000 to be midpoint and 2000 to be end.