Author Topic: Crash AFTER leaving train station at the beginning  (Read 3849 times)

Wintermute

• View Profile
Final Fantasy 7 crashes right at the beginning of the game before entering the reactor after you talk to Barret for the first time (and had to enter Cloud's and Barret's names). This is the sequence where the movie is supposed to be playing where Cloud looks up at the reactor. All I get at this point is a black screen followed a few minutes later by the Windows message, that Final Fantasy had to be shut down.
The movie file "mkup.avi" which is supposed to be playing at this point runs just perfectly, when I play it in Media Player Classic.

I already tried all patched and unpatched versions, Hardware or Software and Windows compatibility modes. Truemotion codec is installed and ffdshow deactivated.

The strange thing is, that Final Fantasy ran perfectly on my system just a few months ago. Also all ingame movies up to the crash point are running without any problems.

Anyone has an idea?

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
Re: Crash AFTER leaving train station at the beginning
« Reply #1 on: 2007-05-07 20:26:17 »
Have you tried loading a savegame farther in game testing if it will crash at any other FMVs too?
And does the intro video play fine?

Wintermute

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007-05-09 11:24:39 »
Yes the intro plays fine.
I haven't tried loading other savegames yet, but unfortunately I won't have time trying out and playing FF7 in the next future since something else and more important has come up.
Thanks for your answer anyway!

SaberClash

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-08-15 21:14:36 »
Sorry that this is a dead topic, but I'm having the EXACT same issue as this fella here.  The intro sequence plays fine, and then cloud jumps off the train, I fight the two guards, and head over and talk to the AVALANCHE guys.  Then I enter my name for Cloud, and then Barrett talks to me, and I enter his name.  Right after he talks to me, a cut sequence is supposed to happen, where Cloud looks up at the Mako reactor, and then you continue on.  However, before that cut sequence can begin, the game crashes.  I can't get past this point and I have no save to send anyone, because this is before you even have access to a save point.  I tried running the game completely clean of any mods (other than the official patch), and it had the same effect as with mods enabled.  I would really appreciate any help I could get on this, because I cannot play the game! :(  Also, I turned off anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering, and that did not help either.

My specs are:

Windows XP Professional
Intel Pentium D 3.2 GHZ
Asus P5WD2
2 GB Ram
Nvidia Geforce 7950 GT

Please if anyone has any ideas, I'd really like to hear them.

Cyberman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007-08-16 21:32:47 »
Last I checked the rules state no dead topic necromancy.